PDA

View Full Version : thinking about getting a new gun

BeaverEater
06-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Well i have a 06 borg and it love it. But i see more and more ego's at my local field and was thinking about giving one a try. Ive never really played with one but i shot the owners last week and that thing makes my borg look like a pump. I was thinking about picking up an 08, any opinions?

Smoothice
06-14-2009, 07:04 PM
I shot a buddies 08 ego. I was shortly after forbidden to ever touch it again by everybody on the field.

So if your wallet can keep up with your rate of fire I say go for it...

:shooting:

d4m4don3
06-14-2009, 08:55 PM
I shot a buddies 08 ego. I was shortly after forbidden to ever touch it again by everybody on the field.

Forbidden maybe, I've put a smoothice setting on the gun now. 10 bps with eyes on. :rolleyes:

Try borrowing someones gun for a game or two before you buy. If I accumulate paint the ego comes out, otherwise it's the ccm'ed orracle pump or classic mag that does the job at most times of the year.

BeaverEater
06-14-2009, 09:40 PM
well my buddy said that hes gonna bring out his 08 for me next week. and yes im also looking at getting a pump to help with the amount of paint shot in a day.

deathbypaint1213
06-14-2009, 09:52 PM
The only ego I have shot was an 07, they are very nice. Especially, for the price they go for now. The number one gun that would have the performance of an ego for half the price would be an infinity legend. I got to shoot one the last time I went paintballing, and they are great shooters. For a pump gun, go with a nice sniper for open class. If you want stock class, get a phantom.

DEEPSEA
06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
I played all last season with an 08 ego and just sold it about two months ago. I never chopped a ball, and never had a problem with it. I let it go for 550 and wish I still had it. I also shoot a pm8 and love how it will drop over the bunkers, and the ego would not. The only thing I can tell you is that if you play for a team the ego is fast and consistant, but very loud. The sound signature is clear no matter where you are at on the field. If I were you I would try a pm7 or 8 too so that you can get the feel of them. The ego is a great gun!!! :shooting:

Old School 626
06-16-2009, 10:18 AM

I can think of one that objected in particular... :nono:

Stayhuge
06-16-2009, 10:34 AM
and yes im also looking at getting a pump to help with the amount of paint shot in a day.

I recently picked up a CCM S6. I threw the Apex Freak on there, and I have never had so much fun. 2 days ago I played the whole day, and used the pump for half. I think I shot a total of 150 shots out of the pump. And another 900 or so out of my mag. It has drastically reduced the amount of paint I use, and changes the game up a little. :cheers:

BeaverEater
06-16-2009, 05:16 PM
I really like the s6 but i just cant justify spending that much on a pump. I just picked up an older cock pump with a cp barrel kit for 150

sandfreestyle
06-16-2009, 05:22 PM
The new 09 Proto rail is a nice shooter. I shot one on Sunday and was very impressed of how well it shot. Price ain't bad either.

BeaverEater
06-16-2009, 10:46 PM
shot the proto not a big fan, its nice but not nice enough for me to get rid of my cyborg.

dark blade
06-17-2009, 09:36 PM
i never saw a reason to upgrade to anything. I had an A-5 and "upgraded" to an ion, then i "upgraded" to a nicer ion. then i ACTUALLY UPGRADED to an emag :)

the only reason i say this is because i feel that anything that can fire 17bps (the max 95% of humans can walk on a trigger at peak), and can get at least 4 pods and a hopper on a 68/45 is a competitive marker with all other ones out there.

reason being, a barrel kit takes care of "accuracy", a regulator can be swapped to achieve "consistancy", and you can refill your tank in a few seconds between matches so efficiency isnt a big deal. The only reason i feel the emag is an actual upgrade is because of the fact that is essentially has a "back up" built into the marker itself. If your battery dies you flip a switch and keep rockin.

but to each his own. I played in a speedball match that a few kids challenged me to at a local field the other weekend (i havent played speedball in 2 years) and they were a "team" vs me and 2 other random kids.

The three of them had a dm9, an ego sl74, and an etek 2. we had an ion, my emag, and a 98 (he was a walk on)... needless to say the two on my team sucked and got shot out, i personally took out all three of the other team and they refused to let me play with them again. I guess their expensive toys were "acting up" which is why they couldnt hit me. :clap: :rofl: :headbang:

if i were you i would keep the borg dude. No reason to upgrade.