PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy, that is the ?

aka_mich
06-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm hoping this is the right spot to ask, if it isn't just let me know and I'll take it down and ask in the right spot.

Long story short I found a guy selling his Tac-one on ebay. He's offering the whole package; Halo Hopper, ULE trigger, lvl 10 bolt, HP tank (not sure what size) for buy it now $650. I talked to him a bit and he says he has 2 that are exactly the same and would sell the other with just the marker and barrel for $450. I also asked what valve he has in it but I'm still waiting back for an answer.

I'm still new getting into Mags after almost 7 years away from them so I'm not sure if this is a good value or not. He says both are in great condition.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: He just got back to me right after I submitted the thread and said it has a Level 10 valve so I'm still not sure what valve he actually has. Maybe I'm missing something here but Level 10 is the bolt right, not the valve?

punkncat
06-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Not a stellar deal, I would call it priced about right. Look around a bit and you can probably beat that if your timing is right.

Stayhuge
06-15-2009, 11:30 AM
If the valve is an X valve, the price is eh. Definitely not a steal. $450 will almost buy you a new Tac one. Add the new Halo (which I just saw advertised for $50) and a tank, which new you can get them for around $150 (depending on size and brand), and you are paying maybe $50 less than what the package would cost new. Just to give you a little perspective. I would suggest going to the AGD website, http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/ and also looking around ansgear.com, actionpaintball.com, etc, and getting some prices for the tanks and hoppers new. Then use your judgement and look around these forums to see what these items are going for used. For me, there are some items that I would prefer to buy new, and others that I have no problem buying used. Used, the package that he is selling, depending on the condition of everything, date on the tank, size of the tank, and the upgrades (feedneck, ASA, etc.) should probably go in the neighborhood of $550~. Now Ebay is funny in that way. Sometimes a package could go for the $650 that he is asking, or it could go for less. I have seen people overpay for items by a lot, and others catch an amazing deal. I would suggest looking around here and pblegion.com. Good luck, and welcome back to the mag family!! :cheers: :dance:

aka_mich
06-15-2009, 11:48 AM
That's just it being it is Ebay who knows. Right now the whole package he has is at $66 with 6 days left, not sure what the reserve is but it hasn't been met yet. I figured his buy it now price of $650 is a good indication of about where his reserve might be but who really knows until it's met.

I asked him about just the marker because I don't need the air tank, barrel, or hopper hoping he would throw just the marker back up if the reserve wasn't met and that is when he told me has has a second. I would like him to put the 2nd marker up with just the barrel so that I can bid and maybe pay less than the $450 he's saying (not to mention I don't want to take it outside of ebay for safety reasons and avoid getting screwed) but he seems to want to do the 2nd marker outside of ebay.

And ya for $450 I'm thinking a brand new one would be a better option unless I can get it for a little less through an actual auction. Especially since he doesn't seem to know the difference between what the bolt and valve is. Who knows what kind of valve he might actually have in it if he's calling it a level 10 bolt and valve.

Beemer
06-15-2009, 11:55 AM
That's just it being it is Ebay who knows. Right now the whole package he has is at $66 with 6 days left, not sure what the reserve is but it hasn't been met yet. I figured his buy it now price of $650 is a good indication of about where his reserve might be but who really knows until it's met.

I asked him about just the marker because I don't need the air tank, barrel, or hopper hoping he would throw just the marker back up if the reserve wasn't met and that is when he told me has has a second. I would like him to put the 2nd marker up with just the barrel so that I can bid and maybe pay less than the $450 he's saying (not to mention I don't want to take it outside of ebay for safety reasons and avoid getting screwed) but he seems to want to do the 2nd marker outside of ebay.
And ya for $450 I'm thinking a brand new one would be a better option unless I can get it for a little less through an actual auction. Especially since he doesn't seem to know the difference between what the bolt and valve is. Who knows what kind of valve he might actually have in it if he's calling it a level 10 bolt and valve.

Ding ding ding red FLAG.............watch out for those red light specials. ;)

SSP REAPER
06-15-2009, 12:07 PM
sounds shady to me. be careful

MANN
06-15-2009, 12:48 PM
just remember.

Its better to loose a good deal than to be stuck with a bad deal

aka_mich
06-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Ya, when he told me the valve was a level 10 I started leaning towards passing on it for a brand new one. Learning from you guys what kind of value it is I'm definitely thinking pass unless I can steal the 2nd one for cheap if it ever goes up on ebay.

punkncat
06-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Ding ding ding red FLAG.............watch out for those red light specials. ;)

It is not a hard connection to make for anyone who does not live, eat, and breathe AGD to think that the "X" valve and the "LX" are one in the same.

kylejc9
06-15-2009, 10:12 PM
It is not a hard connection to make for anyone who does not live, eat, and breathe AGD to think that the "X" valve and the "LX" are one in the same.

this is true but if the guys has 2 mags he should know at least that much about them... unless he swiped them and is now trying to get rid of them.

do you want a tac1 mag ? or would a ULE one do?

PM me.