PDA

View Full Version : Buying Downward

animal
01-31-2002, 07:17 PM
I term it buying downward because once you own the emag, even a brand new mag can only get you so excited :)

But here's pics of my new centerfeed black teflon minimag anyways... with halo even.

Pictured top left is the new father, still blushing orange and red :)

animal
01-31-2002, 07:19 PM
More

animal
01-31-2002, 07:26 PM
Didn't want to make a new thread, but I also took pics of the warp to halo clearance so you guys could all see. I was always wondering about it and never seemed to see any posts on it. Granted these are on my non speedball marker, but you can still see the clearances.

Now how many people you know are crazy enough to not only warp a 98, but buy a second warp FOR a 98?? I hope I take the cake :)

AutoMaggot
01-31-2002, 07:36 PM
A Warp on a 98! LMFAO!!!!

animal
01-31-2002, 07:39 PM
It actually works pretty well... not that I needed a second warp, but I bought it so I didnt have to switch between guns with it. Main reason, er ok, the only reason I wanted one for it was the profile, obviously I'll never touch it's feed rate :) And it looks kinda cool.

Vegeta
01-31-2002, 08:01 PM
A warp on any gun is not a bad idea, for it will lower teh profile. 98's are pretty nice guns, especially with and RT... the warp would be a really good idea with the M98RT, it can achevie some high ROF's. And a 98 with the E-bolt can get up to 16bps, though they are limited to 13bps.

animal
01-31-2002, 08:04 PM
Eh it's overkill I know, but it's only money :)

virus
01-31-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by animal
Eh it's overkill I know, but it's only money :)

ahh... a man after my own heart....

besides.... anything worth doing is worth overding *8P

animal
01-31-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by virus

anything worth doing is worth overdoing *8P

Words to live by for all you youngsters... Heck for all you oldsters too :) It makes life more fun overdoing it. I mean who ever really NEEDED 10+ bps :)

oneshot
01-31-2002, 10:23 PM
you should put your halo on your pump.:D

animal
01-31-2002, 10:25 PM
All in time my friend... the auto tracer is just waiting for it's chance :)

Hasty8
01-31-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by animal
Now how many people you know are crazy enough to not only warp a 98, but buy a second warp FOR a 98?? I hope I take the cake :)

You may be the first dear sir but you are not alone. For the past several weeks I have been checking out ways to fit a warp to my flatline and my speedball 98. I've been grinding out come new version of the mounting plate. I'll post pics if I ever get around to it.

PigSweat
01-31-2002, 10:50 PM
Ah...but have you ever put a warp on a Pro/Carbine? My friend did. Wierdest Gun EVER.

DaXtremeist
02-01-2002, 05:51 AM
oh but you can't forget the halo on a talon. the smallest profile you can get with any marker on the market.

got have that 16bps on that talon.

Russ
02-01-2002, 06:35 AM
Are we long-lost brothers?

After getting a Tequila Sunrise fade E-Mag, I bought myself a Classic Mag, my "bad weather beater" I also warped a Spyder! Man, that thing rocked! (I did sell that warp feed after a while, though) This gun will get the 68/3000 Flatline as soon as I get the 4500 Flatline.

animal
02-01-2002, 07:00 AM
Well, cousins... Mines actually a mini valve... not that it matters :)

D

the JoKeR
02-01-2002, 07:38 AM
You're making me think about warping my PTExtreme....

PigSweat
02-01-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by the JoKeR
You're making me think about warping my PTExtreme....

Been there, done that. :D ;)

animal
02-01-2002, 09:11 AM
Man if I woulda known so much would come outta the 98, I woulda gave it it's own thread :)

cphilip
02-01-2002, 10:16 AM
Well it might be interesting for you all to know that I too recently went down a notch...sorta...Kinda. After the EMag came I found the kid was borrowing it way too much. And so if I was going to end up with his marker some of the time (and it was a nice one but still hard to go down too). Anyway... curcumstances lead me to not get another EMag (some financial - some curcumstantial) So I ended up with a nice shiney new RT Pro and 68/3K Flatline for it. Now since I had the Warped Emag I have decided to set this one up kinda different as a straight hopper fed set up with Hopper Left and soon maybe when I can afford it Halo. Sort of the light weight unit of our "Kit". Like Russ is going for. But at least when the kid has the EMag I have this nice RT Pro to go with and vice versa. I am realy impressed with the RT Pro. I could probably be happy using this thing all the time. It is one sweet marker now with the intelliframe as standard and the Roller Bearing Sear and such. I think its the nicest fitting comfortable non electro I have had the pleasure to hold. I realy am surprised in the action on this thing. I have ahd a few mags of all different set ups but nver used an RT Pro before. There is something just a bit cut above the others that is subtle and hard to describe. Perhaps its the rail sear set up more than anything.

Hysperion
02-06-2002, 09:44 AM
I had an rt pro before my sfl and am thinking about buying another one for a backup gun. You must get the intelliframe it makes such a big diff. You'll see if you get it. Neways that warp on the 98 isn't a bad idea. Animal let me use that setup when my SFL was down and I played a better day of paintball then I ever have with any gun including my SFL.

Drizit
02-06-2002, 10:08 AM
at the moment only my mag is warped, however my m98RT will be once i have some more money. right now i have to tune the trigger back so it donesn't pinch all the time. when it gets to fast i have to play with my left hand on the rocket cock, insted of on the forgrip. when it's done it will have a flatline, warp, 20oz anti-syphen on a drop, carstock, a 12oz mounted faceing forward, right beside the crowning glorry, a TM203 :D (take a look at http://www.wellsandassociates.com/tippmann/grenade_launchers.htm , you'll see what i'm talking about.)

big game gun here i come.

TheTramp
02-06-2002, 10:40 AM
I'm planning on putting my Warp on my new Mephisto as soon as I've got the AOC adjusted properly. That should be pretty sick.

tysonmachado
02-07-2002, 12:18 AM
A Warp and a Flatline...
With the warp you can fire sideways for short bursts, have you tried it with the flatline? Turn that backspin sideways and maybe you can learn to hook your shots around bunkers. How's that for a surprise!