PDA

View Full Version : Leaky E-mag

Z-Grip878
06-16-2009, 05:42 PM
I have been out of the sport for the last 4 years and my E-mag has been sitting on the shelf. Now I am trying to revive my E-mag so that I can start to get back into paintball.

I did the normal 3 drops of oil in the ASA and gassed it up yesterday. The marker cycles fine in both E and Mech mode and the lvl 10 bounces off a pencil if I stick it in the breech but it is leaking down the power tube and the on/off from what I can tell.

When the gun is at rest there is a consistent barrel leak which changes if I wiggle the bolt around with a pencil. If I remember correctly this can be fixed by changing the o-ring in the lvl 10 carrier or by reducing the carrier one size I can't remember which.

The other leak comes from the on/off I believe. After I pull the trigger and hold it down there is a loud leak coming from the marker that dissipates in roughly 2 seconds. I am assuming it is an on/off o-ring but I have no idea which one. Should I just order a parts kit from AGD and replace them all or is there a specific o-ring that I should look at first?

Thanks for your help

kcombs9
06-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Go down a carrier size for the bolt and see if that works.

Check the top o rings of the on/off

secretweaponevan
06-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Yep, try moving down a half-carrier size, or if that fails, break in a new carrier o-ring and then put it in the largest carrier that doesn't leak.

And, right on, if the valve doesn't go "off" with the trigger held, you need to replace your on/off top o-ring.

athomas
06-16-2009, 06:39 PM
The level 10 will vent air for a couple of seconds after you hold the trigger down. If it stops after a couple of seconds, your on-off is fine.

As for your powertube leak, remove the powertube shims first. Try that. If it still leaks, then go to a smaller carrier size or a new oring and retune.

Z-Grip878
06-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies!

I tried the current o-ring on on smaller carrier sizes all the way down to the smallest and it was still leaking. So I found a new o-ring in my gear bag and went back up to the two line one dot carrier because it felt about right. Gassed it up and no leaks at all, works perfectly. The bolt still bounces easily off of a pencil too. I cycled the marker about 300 times today and no problems. Hopefully this weekend I can put some paint through it and test it out further.

Thanks again for the help!