PDA

View Full Version : Easy q - do classic valves and lvl 10 play nice?

FSU_Paintball
06-16-2009, 07:32 PM
I've been out of it so long, I don't know the answer to this question :)

"limited technology" games (no RT, no agitated hoppers) are picking up in this area and I'm thinking a mag would be the perfect fit for me. So does anyone know the answer to this question? And if so, I assume the forums is the best place to look for a level 10 valve? (I have a friend with a classic mag I could probably get for cheap)

secretweaponevan
06-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I've been out of it so long, I don't know the answer to this question :)

"limited technology" games (no RT, no agitated hoppers) are picking up in this area and I'm thinking a mag would be the perfect fit for me. So does anyone know the answer to this question? And if so, I assume the forums is the best place to look for a level 10 valve? (I have a friend with a classic mag I could probably get for cheap)

Yep. Level 10 Bolts work great with classic valves. Just make sure you don't get a valve that is laser engraved "FIELD RENTAL" as these will not accept the Level 10 bolt.

ManInBlack
06-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Some classic valves need an updated regulator piston assembly.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=30&categoryID=18

FSU_Paintball
06-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the help guys :)

Newt
06-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I can confirm from personal experience that the classic valve and the lvl10 plays very nice. I got my first mag late last month with that exact setup and played the D-Day game with it. Zero chops.

Man In Black, that's good info. I had to acquire one of those on site last week, as my mag didn't want to reach out past ~240 fps without back-leaking.

ManInBlack
06-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I got one of those too for my classic mag, but truth be told I never got it working correctly. I'm guessing it's because I got the level 10 kit used or my mag is very finicky, but I did get it closer to working with the new piston thingie.

athomas
06-19-2009, 05:14 PM
I got one of those too for my classic mag, but truth be told I never got it working correctly. I'm guessing it's because I got the level 10 kit used or my mag is very finicky, but I did get it closer to working with the new piston thingie.Make sure its clean. Dirt is the number one cause of mag failures.