PDA

View Full Version : MacDev Milsim ?

going_home
06-16-2009, 09:46 PM
MacDev Tactical Drone.

http://www.macdev.net/images/News/Side-view500.jpg

http://www.macdev.net/PR_tacdrone.html

New MacDev Marker: Tactical Drone

For years now MacDev have made high end markers for use in tournament paintball. The designers at MacDev have now made a new marker specifically designed for use in scenario paintball.

Construction

The Drone is CNC machined from solid Aluminium billets, without castings or cheap plastic parts, you will receive the same quality expected from MacDev high end tournament markers.

Pneumatic Drive

The Tactical Drone is based on a simplified, valveless version of the popular Droid marker of 2008, however it has enough changes to the drive system to make it a new design in its own right.

The pneumatic drive is fed by the next generation of inline regulator, the new Gladiator RX2. The new inline boasts industry leading flow, recharge, reliability and ease of maintenance.

Electronics

The board inside the Drone is based on the Cyborg RX electronic platform, however programming and feedback is achieved via a chameleon LED housed in the rear of the grip frame. A powerful microprocessor achieves lightning fast firing response and allows the user to access fire modes and select fire options.

Limitless Potential

Add-ons for the Drone will give almost limitless combinations and customisation to your marker, the Drone is the perfect platform for your ideal scenario machine-gun.

Key Specifications
Length,Width, Height (with Barrel) 475mm/225mm/45mm Power 9V Alkaline
Weight (with Barrel/no Barrel) 1056g/961g Barrel Thread AutoCocker
Propellant Compressed Air/N2 Included Barrel 12" 0.693 bore
Air Efficiency 1400+ rounds per 68/4500psi

The Tactical Drone is tentatively set for release at the end of July 2009.

Whatta ya think ?

:confused:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l91/eddahenry/blitzguns011.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l91/eddahenry/blitzguns006.jpg

txaggie08
06-16-2009, 10:02 PM
sounds like they might be gearing up to take on the proto/mini/ion market.

68magOwner
06-16-2009, 10:04 PM
I doubt it. I would expect this to be $1000 easy.

deathbypaint1213
06-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Looks cool. I am wondering how well it will perform compared to the stock droid, especially since Mac Dev redesigned the valve. The number one thing that did not impress me about this gun is the weaver mounts on the rear of the gun - behind the feedneck?

txaggie08
06-16-2009, 10:37 PM
I doubt it. I would expect this to be $1000 easy.

thought I was reading 500-600 on PBN but maybe not.

DanMan
06-16-2009, 11:04 PM
It is really unimaginative compared to the tm7 or bob longs milsim thing. I basically looks like just a speedball marker with some rails.

drewkroeker
06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Looks kinda ugly IMO... I'd buy a droid or a cyborg over this. The new valve sounds interesting though.

Barsse
06-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Gotta love the whole "tactical" craze. "Hey, I have an idea, let's put some weaver-looking ridges on it, and call it "tactical"!" Pfffttt....

Honestly, what's up with that? What can you possibly put on there without interfering with your line of sight and yet still be of some use? I used to run palmer's stab in the scope rings on the side rails on my tippmann back in the day, but a high-speed electro with built-in stabs, and LP most likely - only seems to me that marker companies think MilSim people are stupid and will jump on anything with 'tactical' in its name. seems ridiculous to me, sorry.

txaggie08
06-17-2009, 01:43 AM
I've never seen a use for any of the tactical crap beyond cosmetic.

Used to see a lot of people come out with the "milsim" markers, all it did was give them a complex and make them play more poorly. The gun is almost always to long, to awkward to have any sense of aiming, and kept them playing so far off there bunker it was useless.

malJohann
06-17-2009, 02:33 AM
Oh no, yet another woodsball marker with a vert feed and interrupted rail. Why, oh why can't someone make one with an uninterrupted rail front to back and a side-feed body (like Tippmann has, but only with high-end internals), designed to take a normal hopper with the rail still usable throughout its entire length while the hopper is mounted. Also, drop the side rails (we don't play that many night games) and just add a rail to the bottom in front of the trigger. Last thought, they went to a whole lot of trouble to make the all metal marker look like it was made out of plastic. IMO this will be a nice speedball marker for the goths and emos that don't like the usual flowy look and bright colors of the rest out there.

Bagheera
06-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh no, yet another woodsball marker with a vert feed and interrupted rail. Why, oh why can't someone make one with an uninterrupted rail front to back and a side-feed body (like Tippmann has, but only with high-end internals), designed to take a normal hopper with the rail still usable throughout its entire length while the hopper is mounted. Also, drop the side rails (we don't play that many night games) and just add a rail to the bottom in front of the trigger. Last thought, they went to a whole lot of trouble to make the all metal marker look like it was made out of plastic. IMO this will be a nice speedball marker for the goths and emos that don't like the usual flowy look and bright colors of the rest out there.

Goths won't play during the day and emos are the pacifists on the field with gogs but no markers.

going_home
06-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Supposed to be out next month.

;)

chafnerjr
06-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Goths won't play during the day and emos are the pacifists on the field with gogs but no markers.

I disagree... the emo kids would break paint on their wrists before the end of the match. :D

craltal
06-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Gotta love the whole "tactical" craze. "Hey, I have an idea, let's put some weaver-looking ridges on it, and call it "tactical"!" Pfffttt....

H

you mean something like this:
http://airgundesignsusa.com/tacone.shtml

Remember AGD was the first to release a body with multiple Picatinny rails plus they called it the "Tac One"

mostpeople
06-28-2009, 03:48 PM
yup, well now the tac one has been completely outclassed :(

Funny though, macdev as well as bob long and smart parts now have scenario markers. Does planet eclipse?

craltal
06-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Since Mac Dev is an Australian company I'm guessing alot of the initial drive behind this design is for their local market since the laws are very prohibitive on imports.

Of course it just adds to what we can get over here and fills out the mid range...

Frizzle Fry
06-28-2009, 06:04 PM
you mean something like this:
http://airgundesignsusa.com/tacone.shtml

Remember AGD was the first to release a body with multiple Picatinny rails plus they called it the "Tac One"

To be fair, the TacOne isn't just another spool-valve gun with rails. It was unique at the time of release, and the body style was somewhat copied by the "Tac Ion" and then the SP-1 and now it seems this MacDev marker as well.The TacOne also has a more rational setup; rail in front allows for a lazer or springfeed, and the angled rails in the back allow for a function red-dot or standard scope on a centerfeed marker without the use of an adapter.

Lastly, the TacOne body is an upgrade... Yeah, you can buy a TacOne whole, but due to the compatible nature of Automags it's really just an upgrade, or a body option; easily switched out. This MacDev thing is just a marker; a marker with rails in STUPID places.

Bagheera
07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I disagree... the emo kids would break paint on their wrists before the end of the match. :D

Don't forget the writing of poetry.... there's always the suicidal poetry....