PDA

View Full Version : Resale Value Chart

Mime
06-18-2009, 01:52 PM
alright, so I search around the forums for the acual resale value of an Automag. (yes I did use the search function) and I mostly came up with simple statment "automags hold thier resale value high"

thats great. but I was wondering if thier is some form of chart that give a little more for the depreciation ( spelling?) of an automag.

For example cars lose anywhere between 10- to 20 % of thier base value every year. so if you bought your brand new 30,000$ camaro with some fancy features within a couple years your looking to sell it for 18,000$

so I was wondering if there are some guidlines for the resale value of an automag.

such as:

Year it was purchused:
how many years of use:
maintenance:
upgraded parts (such as going from a level 7 to level 10):
how many times it has been sold/bought:
replaced parts ( such as O-rings):
aftermarket parts (such as triggers, or frames from other companies):
originality of parts ( do you have EVERY stock part of the marker, including box ect ect):
visiable wear (dings, scratches):
internal component's wear ( how many times has your front bolt cycled?):
damadged parts (bent on/off pin, broken frame screws, cross threaded field screw):
Aftermarket paint liverie's (such as a new anno or a re-coating becuase of scratches):

so out of 100% what changes,
for an example:
marker X was purchused in 2007 for 375.45$ CDN
after two years of solid use you can estimate the marker has seen roughly 50,000 paintballs. In two years. the stock barrel has been switched to a first generation Paintball Assasin Deathstix barrel costing 150$ to purchuse.

The O-rings, Detents have been replaced before selling the marker. total cost 10$ to do so.

Thier is no internal damage the marker shoots fine, the velocity is still consistant so the spring is still in working condition. it can be aired up and is ready to go.

small paintscratch on the right side of the frame.

So what would decrease the original value?
the aftermarket barrel increases the base price by 100$ 475.45$ CDN
new components mean the marker is in working condition and will continue, so you dont need to perform maintenance when you recieve it.

the marker is two year old so it drops by 150$
325.45$ CDN
the price also drops by 25$ for the use of the marker
300.45$ CDN
price drops another 10$ for the small scratch
290.45$ CDN

is there a guide like this for the automag?

KC
06-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Values is based more on parts than anything else. Its not a gradual scale like a car. Parts are either new or used and in a certain condition. That gives you base value. Then you can ad for matching colors, fades and rarity/history.

-KC

koleah
06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
is there a guide like this for the automag?

No.

I'd thought this thread might have the values of different used parts, but I guess not. Might not be a bad place to start though.
Mags don't really "depreciate". There's just used prices and new prices.

I'll throw some out there and others can do so also.

X-valve used $180-200 (higher end with a ULT)
ULE body used $85-115 depending on feedneck and condition and color
ULT alone used $25-35

This list could go on for a long time so maybe someone with more time would be better to set it up as a sticky. Or not. I'll try to sit down later and throw some others in there.

Lohman446
06-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Because there is no model year there is really no difference in the price of a used X-valved RT mag with ULE that was new last year, or one that was new 5 years ago assuming similiar conditions.

TwilightG
06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Timing is key too.

X-Mags have dropped a little bit in street value in recent months simply because there are more available for sale lately.

KC
06-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I'd thought this thread might have the values of different used parts, but I guess not. Might not be a bad place to start though.

A thread doesnt set the value, the customer does. IMHO the value of an item is quit simply "what people are willing to pay" not a number on a list in some thread (no disrespect intended)

For example I think x-valves are worth more then what you listed them at and I know for a fact they can and will sell for more. (just an example of why a price list doesnt work, no disrespect )

Is a listed value here universal to other forums and sites? I certainly don't think so. Its almost impossible to move a warp here, home of the automag. But they sell quickly on eBay even when listed for more.

Just a few reasons I don't think a "price list" works. I use "completed listings" on ebay alot but we dont have anything like that here. Thats one of the reasons Ive left all of my old threads active so that I can look back through and see what parts have sold for over the years. Their is a lot of data in those threads.

-Kristian

Timing is key too.

X-Mags have dropped a little bit in street value in recent months simply because there are more available for sale lately.

Exactly. The market fluctuates based on supply and demand. The same thing has happened with the Chord. RPGs release of chord bodies has flooded the market and dropped the price of used chords.

kcombs9
06-18-2009, 03:05 PM
I agree with KC and others, you can't base the value of anything paintball on just a generic price "list". Its supply and demand even cars will sell for more then what Bluebook or what ever says they are worth. If the buyer wants it bad enough.

and id like to point out that Paint ball markers are NOT cars. If properly maintained a automag will last longer then your new 30,000 camaro and still maintain its value if the demand is there. If no demand then yes value could go down.

koleah
06-18-2009, 03:07 PM
. Thats one of the reasons Ive left all of my old threads active so that I can look back through and see what parts have sold for over the years. Their is a lot of data in those threads.

And I appreciate that you do that. I try to do it too But a lot of peoples threads look like:

Item blah blah blah
Price is: SOLD

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Which really doesn't help when looking through old prices.

TwilightG
06-18-2009, 03:17 PM
As for Mags retaining their value longer, I think it helps that there really aren't any new models being pumped out year after year.

Flatliner333
06-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Automag enthusiasts are in a class by themselves just like classic car buffs.A person who has a true love for something will usually pay what ever it takes to get it "within reason" as opposed to someone who has no appreciation for it.I believe the Automag will always retain its value more than other markers, it is paintball royalty as far as I am concerned. The changes that have been made over the years have always been about improvement and inovation on an already nearly perfect marker... not changing it so they could sell more guns.
With all of the different options that can be applied to the same gun.. with parts readily available.. and service unmatched in the industry.. the Automag has to be the most versatile marker ever on the market. For me its not always about where we are going as much as where we have been "AND DONE THAT ALREADY".When you become an Automag owner you become family and that is priceless in itself. But thats just my 2 cents.

MANN
06-18-2009, 05:09 PM
just remember 2-3 years ago xmags were sold for 600ish. last year they were sold for 1500ish. Everything is in cycles.

KC
06-18-2009, 05:13 PM
koleah,

Couldn't agree more. So frustrating to finally find a rare item (like the IT body) listed but the price says "SOLD" :tard:

vf-xx
06-18-2009, 05:39 PM
You know, We could start a semi-open source log.

Create a google spreadsheet, make it visible to everybody, but only a few people have edit privelages.

Start tracking whole markers as well as parts.

MANN
06-18-2009, 05:42 PM
the problem is it changes. summer and winter; year to year.

vf-xx
06-18-2009, 05:44 PM
So, tabulate it and graph it.

I dunno. Right or wrong, sometimes it's nice just to have a ballpark number.

KC
06-18-2009, 07:11 PM
the problem is it changes. summer and winter; year to year.

month to month

Newt
06-19-2009, 05:56 PM
What months would be the high/low ones in your observation?

Probably something most mag owners already know, but I just got my head out of Tippmann's sandbox. I've only seen, what, two months of the market?

MANN
06-19-2009, 06:02 PM
middle of summer is always lower than fall/spring.

punkncat
06-21-2009, 08:27 AM
I have nothing to back it up aside from personal experience, but I think that right before and after Christmas, and tax time seem to be be best time to purchase most anything paintball related.
If you are looking for a newer "space gun" then look right before and after world cup, when all the agglets have to have the "new" gun that is one gram lighter....... ;)

The best "guide" for used prices is the B/S/T. L:ook through and see what has sold quickly, and what has been upped mulitiple times, and you have your price range right there.