PDA

View Full Version : Power Tube

kcombs9
06-18-2009, 05:44 PM
After one repair kit and few hours of testing, swaping on/off and lvl 10's, and talking to tech at AGD we came up with that the Power tube must be leaking and he said to use red thread lock to seal it again.

AGD also suggested using a heat gun to loosen the old thread lock to remove the power tube, well I don't have a heat gun or any tool to remove it and cause no damage to it or the valve.

Any suggestions?

Sumthinwicked
06-18-2009, 05:49 PM
hair dryer on super high ;) is bassiaclly a heat gun on low fyi

kcombs9
06-18-2009, 05:52 PM
hair dryer on super high ;) is bassiaclly a heat gun on low fyi

He said a Hair dryer wouldn't get it hot enough... But I will try

MANN
06-18-2009, 05:53 PM
boiling water

Tunaman
06-18-2009, 06:55 PM
powertube repairs are not something to be silly with. You cant use a hair dryer . You need a torch. There is also an oring in there too. You will need a new one. red or purple loctite is needed. Dont get any on the new oring.

BigEvil
06-18-2009, 07:01 PM
powertube repairs are not something to be silly with. Y

I sooo wish we had sigs here :p

Sumthinwicked
06-18-2009, 07:22 PM
powertube repairs are not something to be silly with. You cant use a hair dryer . You need a torch. There is also an oring in there too. You will need a new one. red or purple loctite is needed. Dont get any on the new oring.

shame on u conterdict me who do u think u are an AGD tech or something.... or right u are ;) but still i have done it that way before bud ;) :cheers: listen to tuna hes smarter than me

theGOLDENchild
06-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Maybe you'll have one those magical valves like mine where the power tube unscrews when you try to unscrew the lvlX power tube tip :rolleyes:

kcombs9
06-18-2009, 10:29 PM

The AGD guy I spoke with said he's never had the oring damaged from a heat gun... But didn't say anything about a torch.

Tuna if you got time pm me how much you would charge to fix this problem for me... Id rather pay someone that has done it before rather then :cuss: it up and have to buy a new valve.

This valve is for a marker I have a buyer for already so this is the only thing keeping the sale from being completed.