PDA

View Full Version : HP thru classic rt foregrip and other questions

Bonzai
06-18-2009, 10:05 PM
hi, to every one.i have a old magRT and plan to upgrade it. so here are a few questions:

a)can i put HP at 4500 psi in my classic rtīs gas-thru-foregrip, or will it blow up?
i plan to screw a elbow and a gauge onto my foregrip, so i can always see the pressure left in my tank while iam shooting.
thinking of using a microline to link to the tank.

b)i have like 10 years old autolube, can i still use it?

c)if i have a lvlX, do i need a spacer-kit or can i use the shims from lvlX-kit?

d)whats about the lvlX carrier OD O-ring from retropartskit?

e)there are some teflon o-rings in the classic mag repairkit, can i put these in my classic rt and is there any goal from getting these orings for the rt?

f)for what do i need the "Washer Aluminum Mainbody" and the lvlX backup washer from the xvalve-repairkit?

g)are there foamis in the lvl10 upgradepack, and how long (cases paint) can i use a foami?

h)is the reactive trigger still turnament legal?

thx for help and sorry for so many (noobish?) questions...
so long Bonzai

MANN
06-19-2009, 06:57 AM
your tank is not putting out 4500 psi. it is probally more like 800ish. you will be fine, and not blow up.

Ill answer the rest later if someone hasnt already.

Bonzai
06-19-2009, 02:47 PM
hmm i think u missunderstand me.
iam not talking over the regulated output! HPA full tank pressure.
my old AA appocalypse HP has 4 ports:
2 regulated ports, one for the outgoing pressure gauge and the other for the hose-link to the marker.
the other 2, unregulated, (lower) ports are for the tankgauge and for the fillnippel.

i want to link my foregrip with a microhose to one of the unregd ports. so its some kind of enlongened/relocating the tank pressure gauge.

so long/bis denne
bonzai

DamianTC
06-19-2009, 02:56 PM
The regulator in automag RTs is rated only to 3000 psi

DevilMan
06-19-2009, 02:59 PM
The 3K threshold on the valve will allow anything OVER it to Off gas anyway... and I don't think you'd be able to pull the trigger with 4500 PSI sitting behind it.

And contrary to popular belief the higher the pressure the better the workings isn't exactly true...

DM

DamianTC
06-19-2009, 02:59 PM
oh I misunderstood you as well at first... You want full pressure from your tank up your gas thru grip to a pressure gauge?? I would say don't do it...

remember only carbon fiber tanks can hold 4500 psi... the steel tanks can only do 3000 psi. now what is your gas thru grip made out of?

Beemer
06-19-2009, 03:08 PM
hmm i think u missunderstand me.
iam not talking over the regulated output! HPA full tank pressure.
my old AA appocalypse HP has 4 ports:
2 regulated ports, one for the outgoing pressure gauge and the other for the hose-link to the marker.
the other 2, unregulated, (lower) ports are for the tankgauge and for the fillnippel.

i want to link my foregrip with a microhose to one of the unregd ports. so its some kind of enlongened/relocating the tank pressure gauge.

so long/bis denne
bonzai

What is micro hose? Is it rated to 4500psi working pressure?

NO DONT DO IT. :nono:

Beemer
06-19-2009, 03:10 PM
The 3K threshold on the valve will allow anything OVER it to Off gas anyway... and I don't think you'd be able to pull the trigger with 4500 PSI sitting behind it.

And contrary to popular belief the higher the pressure the better the workings isn't exactly true...
DM

True, true. The A.I.R. valves were tested at over 5000psi.

Wanta B Sniper
06-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Hmmm... Well, would you ever put 4500 PSI straight into any other marker? I doubt it. So I do not advise doing so with a Mag. Besides, I find that the optimal working pressure is between 700-900 PSI.

If you have a LvL 10 you need shims and carriers, not spacers.

I have tried the teflon o-rings from Classic kits in my RT and it didn't work. You need the o-rings from the Classic RT kit.

You likely do not need the aluminum main body washer for anything. You need the backing washer for the LvL 10 so that the carrier o-ring doesn't end up inside the dump chamber.

A foamie should be already installed on a new LvL 10 bolt, and kits should include 2 or 3 extra foamies. From what I've read the foamie doesn't really make a huge difference anyway.

I'm pretty sure that most tournaments do not allow reactive triggers, in which case you'd have to use your Appocalypse to turn your pressure down until it doesn't RT enough to rapid fire. Even then I'm not sure whether it'd be allowed.

athomas
06-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Different tournaments have different regulations on reactive triggers. Keep the reactivity down and you shouldn't have any problems. The reactive trigger fear is mainly due to the Tippman reactive triggers that go full auto.

The 4500 psi tank pressure going into a for grip is a bad idea. The foregrip may be thick enough to handle it, but the line going to it and the fittings attaching the line probably won't.

On the level 10 bolts, the foamies last a long time if put on properly. If they do come off, its not a big deal. You can run the gun without them. It'll be just like any other open face bolt on the market.

Everything else has pretty much been covered. Good luck with the mag. You'll love it when you get it tuned and performing like it can.

Bonzai
06-19-2009, 11:33 PM
thx for the help folks!

just to set things clear: i dont want to run HPA into my mag. iam planing to connect the hpsys direct to the rear of my mag, without the foregrip.

the foregrip is made of alluminium.
the "microhose" i mean is a normal microline hose.

i have seen this: ninja paintball HPA fill whip for remotesetups (http://www.actionvillage.com/039-530-0007)
is there any other type of hose to connect 4500psi ?
would a brass NPT 90 degree elbow withstand the pressure?
can a macroline elbow take 4500psi? probably not or?...arg :(

only one question left: whats about the 10years old autolube? any drawbacks in viscosity or something or can i still use it?

many thx for all the help
i hope i get this purr
it has maket me some headache while this baby spits out much spray...it has realy disappointed me, but thank god K there is a LVL10...
so with a lvl10 and a warpfeed this thing would get realy old with me...

DamianTC
06-20-2009, 09:23 AM
only one question left: whats about the 10years old autolube? any drawbacks in viscosity or something or can i still use it?

I actually started playing again last summer in '08. The last time I played before that was in '01 or '02. When I pulled all my gear out, all I had was autolube that I probably bought in 1999 or 2000. Still looked the same with the same thickness. I used it and had no problem. But the fact is, unless you bought a case of autolube ten years ago, your going to have to buy alot more in the very near future.. just use what you got until you need more

athomas
06-20-2009, 09:57 AM
The brass fitting may or may not withstand the 4500psi pressure. You would have to check the ratings of the one you would use. Chances are a 4500psi rated brass fitting will be quite a bit bulkier than what you are typically used to, which is why steel fittings are often used for high pressure applications.

I wouldn't run macroline over 1000psi, and that is only the high pressure nylon macroline from Parker. Typical macroline is only rated for a few hundred psi. It works when new, but as soon as you get a scratch or bend, it blows.

If the auto lube is not separated then it is good. I suspect the life expectancy is long.

Bonzai
06-23-2009, 12:09 AM
The brass fitting may or may not withstand the 4500psi pressure. You would have to check the ratings of the one you would use. Chances are a 4500psi rated brass fitting will be quite a bit bulkier than what you are typically used to, which is why steel fittings are often used for high pressure applications.
where can i get those steel-fittings? NPT isnt a common standart in germany ;-)
anybody knows a shipping firm that trades them? or even a idea where to request?

to cover the hose is a good point, i will consider a solution such as a pipe or a steelflex cover.

if there is no option to get fittings, then eventualy i have to make my own fittigs of raw steel.
but i dont want to, for 3 bucks to much work...

thanks for all the nerves & help
so long
bonzai

Newt
06-23-2009, 09:50 AM
1/8 NPT = 1/8 MPT, if it helps. They're the same thing, and I've only seen it called NPT in paintball.

vf-xx
06-23-2009, 10:16 AM
1/8 NPT = 1/8 MPT, if it helps. They're the same thing, and I've only seen it called NPT in paintball.

NPT = National Pipe Thread. It's a specific Thread pattern that may or may not be used in Germany. I honestly don't know. But for NPT the threads are tapered and fairly specific.

There's a fair chance that Germany uses something else. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_pipe_thread

NPT is used it quite a few other industries / places ;)

Ando
06-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Just go with a aluminum or stainless hard line. I know for a fact the aluminum lines we use at work (sizes ranging from 1/4 to 1 in) are rated at 15000 psi, stainless steel is in the upper ballpark of 30k so brass should be more then capable at withstanding a measly 4500. You'll blow a o-ring before you blow a brass fitting.

Edit: Macro line tensile str is anywhere between 1800-3500 psi depending on the wall thickness.

Bonzai
06-26-2009, 01:51 AM
thanks for all the help guys!

i have consideret that i have to try it out for myself. i think i build a testsetup with a amorplate to save myself from blowing parts. after gassing up, i should try some "hitting" tests with a tiny hammer. :rolleyes: believe me iam not gonna damage or ruin this baby...
the fittings are the parts that i didnt thrust.
should i report if it worked? can be a while...

europ uses mostly ISO metric threads. NPT is only a american standard.

so i will do what i can best: tinker in my workshop...

so long
bonzai

athomas
06-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Edit: Macro line tensile str is anywhere between 1800-3500 psi depending on the wall thickness.That's burst pressure not operating pressure. For example, Parker nylon macroline that is rated 625 psi has a burst rating of 2500psi. Many of the other cheaper macroline manufacturers use an operating pressure that is only 3x below the burst rating.

You can get teflon macroline that is much higher rated, but it is much higher priced as well.

The aluminum hardline is usually higher rated than macroline. The line and the fittings still have to have a rating. I have seen cheaper aluminum fittings blow apart at only 800 psi. It all depends on the quality and rating of the product. Don't take for granted that it will take the pressure just because it is aluminum or brass.