PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my Tac-One to an E-Tac

CatoRockwell
06-22-2009, 11:49 AM
What parts do I need to purchase exactly to turn my Tac-One into an E-Tac? Or possibly and X-Tac, if that is an option?

What I want to do most importantly is have the function of being able to turn off my Eboard and switch to mechanical trigger. This way if my battery goes out in any of my longer scenarios I can keep playing.

What do I have to do to set this up? Can I keep my X-Valve and do this upgrade? What exact parts do I need to order?

I appreciate all the help.

kcombs9
06-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I would think you just need a E-mag lowers and a E-mag On/off or RT on/off. not sure the ULT will work.

CatoRockwell
06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
What does the Emag lowers include?

KC
06-22-2009, 01:32 PM
You will need a RT based rail. Emag/RT or other... and a working set of emag lowers.

I have both Emag and ULE x/e mag lowers available.

They are complete with rail/sear/charger/cord and a Good AGD battery (no leaks)

Unlike some sellers I always include the mode switch and safety and replace parts as needed so that everything is in good working condition.

Ive probably sold a dozen emag lowers now and Ive always stood behind what I sell. If there is a problem, I will make it right.

PM me for more info. -Kristian ;)

Panther_o.s.o.k
06-24-2009, 08:29 PM
You will need a RT based rail. Emag/RT or other... and a working set of emag lowers.

I have both Emag and ULE x/e mag lowers available.

They are complete with rail/sear/charger/cord and a Good AGD battery (no leaks)

Unlike some sellers I always include the mode switch and safety and replace parts as needed so that everything is in good working condition.

Ive probably sold a dozen emag lowers now and Ive always stood behind what I sell. If there is a problem, I will make it right.

PM me for more info. -Kristian ;)

Kristian, i was reading th post of catorockwell and you claim to have a complete kit of emag lowers.
I have a take one and a classic and i was looking to upgrade my standard tac to a electro.
Can you please tell me price of the complete kit, payment method and delivery?
Regards

Hernan
PD: Your PM inbox is full i couldnt send this message via PM.

FiXeL
06-26-2009, 07:58 AM
KC can send you all you need for making it an E-tac. KC, if you are reading this, im also interested in a pair of emag lowers. :)

Converting a Tac-one into a E-tac is quite simple if your tac comes with a full length rail, like the wingless tac rail. If you have the shorter tac rail that comes with the current version that AGD sells, you might want to pick up a full length RT style rail. (Emag, Emag ULE, wingless tac rail, etc.) The on/off pin should be replaced with a emag on/off pin. (it's a different length)

Remove the old RT style sear, intelliframe and front grip, and just bolt on the emag lowers. Its that simple. Just be carefull with the emag sear, since it cannot be removed from the gripframe without dissasembly. Always remove the sear pin first if you want to remove the emag lowers from the gun.

Converting it to a X-tac will require some milling done to the rail and body to accept the ace board, but it's hardly worth the trouble since a properly tuned L10 and good loader will prevent chops anyway. I have a couple of Xmags with ace, and i have them turned off. Why? In the event you chop a ball in the breach, your ace is covered with paint and the gun wil refuse to fire untill you turn the ace off, or clean them.

Been playing with my E-tac last week, and had no chops whatsoever running it on Xmod 1,8, 3shot burst @ 16 bps and shot about half a case of paint.

What you will be needing:

- Emag lowers with Xmod 1.8 software (not needed, but highly reccomended)
- Good battery (old ones tend to go bad after all these years, but KC can provide you with fresh ones)
- Emag Battery charger
- Emag on/off pin
- Full length RT style rail. (pick your flavor)

I'm sure you will like the e-tac. :cheers: