2)http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll108/VenomousDesigns/syclonebody2.jpg

3)http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll108/VenomousDesigns/Syclonebody1.jpg

kcombs9
06-23-2009, 08:58 PM
First post :clap:
I like #2

splat15k
06-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Based on other options out there now (including many of your own) I must say that all three of these options would be on the bottom of my wish list...just something "off" about them. Perhaps they look better in the context of a fully assembled marker.

Disclaimer: I'm not bashing on Mongoose; I have already purchased a couple Venomous Designs products and many more are on the way!

tasker89
06-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I like # 2...though the back end of the body seems a little "wide."

Mongoose
06-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Based on other options out there now (including many of your own) I must say that both of these options would be on the bottom of my wish list...just something "off" about them. Perhaps they look better in the context of a fully assembled marker.

Disclaimer: I'm not bashing on Mongoose; I have already purchased a couple Venomous Designs products and many more are on the way!

Your opinion is well received.. :cheers:

questionful
06-23-2009, 09:43 PM
I voted for #1

#3 is too boring

#2 is trying to hard to have a cool feature to it

#1, though simple, maintains a consistent message throughout the length of the body. Idk if that makes any sense. I'm just looking at this as a sculpture, and as a musician the only way I know how to analyze art is how I have learned to analyze music

I would recommend you make something similar to #2 but that flows like #1

mpsd
06-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't really see much of a difference between #1 and #3, sorry.

txaggie08
06-23-2009, 10:52 PM
I like 2. A little "SFLish" milling on the front end. Overall I like the simplicity of the bodies.

DevilMan
06-23-2009, 11:20 PM
No to #2.... I do NOT like that one little funky accent line.... meh... nope not at all...

#1 I like and I had to study it to find the diff in #1 and #3... The best I can tell #1 has that flat side to the front of the feed that goes up to the top of the body... then rolls over the top....

Compared to #3 which is round all the way around....

That said, I like #3 the best. One thing that was throwing it off for me is the swoop up on the back to the feedneck is not mirrored on the front side... I think it'd look much better with the swoop up on the front end as well.

In relation the flow of the body I think it'd look better if all of the lines better followed the smoothness of the feedneck ramp.... The angles on the front and rear cuts could be cut to better match the flow of the feed area...

Just my .02....

DM

pk5
06-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Is it me, or do they all look too ULE based? I.e. too similar to other body already out there. Didn't you guy have one that look like somekind of star trek body that would flow perfectly with the front grip lpr pack?

Fred
06-24-2009, 01:46 AM
I like #3, but I'd suggest you move the swoopy part on the backside of the feedneck area a little farther back, for some symmetry and a little more meat around the feedneck threads.

txaggie08
06-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Is it me, or do they all look too ULE based?

anything not based around wild 3-d milling is going to look ULE-ish. Only so many ways you can make a round tube.

BigEvil
06-24-2009, 07:39 AM
anything not based around wild 3-d milling is going to look ULE-ish. Only so many ways you can make a round tube.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Hopefully this can be made relatively cheaply. It will most definitely look better than a ULE body with the front hack sawed off.

SSP-SheiK
06-24-2009, 09:53 AM
number 2 most definately... it will lookgood with the lines of the EP forgrip ;)

SSP REAPER
06-24-2009, 10:02 AM
they all look nice. nice to see something other than a ULE looking body.

Mongoose
06-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Its hard to tell from the pics i posted but this body is not as round as appears, Also it gets fatter from the front to the back. my other 4 designs have all kinds of crazy milling involved and with this one i was trying to make something a bit simpler...and the price should reflect the design. "Before anyone asks.....i will not have any pricing until i have a prototype done"

If you dont like something about it...please feel free to post up your thoughts.....your not gonna hurt my feeling at all.....in the end this is all about putting out a great product that many will enjoy :dance:

this body will be the Syclone body and will be matched up with the Syclone rail.

Prototypes on all 5 designs will begin in about 2 weeks

punkncat
06-24-2009, 11:12 AM
I have to be honest, that I think all of them look like ***. It is like you tried to put a spoiler on a ULE body. Just don't dig them at all.

Take that with a grain of salt, cause I won't be buying any regardess...I don't do mags any more.

Ratzo
06-24-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm parcial to the squrer look of #1.

Mongoose
06-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Heres a pic of the body and rail together.......

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll108/VenomousDesigns/Syclonebodyandrail.jpg

SSP-SheiK
06-24-2009, 12:07 PM
thats the helium rail isnt it?

Mongoose
06-24-2009, 12:33 PM
thats the helium rail isnt it?

nah...thats the Syclone rail.......the helium rail looks like this

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll108/VenomousDesigns/downsized_0318090936.jpg

Its on the bottom...the top one is the EPG rail

chafnerjr
06-24-2009, 12:59 PM
For some reason... when I look at these they remind me of those old ford hotrod's for some reason... I'd have to see one of these in person to give an honest opinion.

DevilMan
06-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Heres a pic of the body and rail together.......

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll108/VenomousDesigns/Syclonebodyandrail.jpg

Well since you put it that way.... I didn't realize this was going to be the mate to the rail...

I would try and match the body to the rail better. Meaning I would put the angled protrusion that you have the front of the rail on the body as well... it'll add some meat yeah, but not that much. The look of that will lend itself to beefing up the feedneck/detent area as well. Maybe not match the swell on the sides, but how about at the top? Do the same on the back end as well to match the "wings" that you have on the rear of the rail.

I hope it makes sense to you....

OH and try to make the transition from rail to body as seamless as possible. So the slab side of the body like in #1 would work for that...

DM

Mongoose
06-24-2009, 01:41 PM
For some reason... when I look at these they remind me of those old ford hotrod's for some reason... I'd have to see one of these in person to give an honest opinion.

:cheers: Cars and bikes where a very big part of the designing thoughts.....good eye :hail:

davmitchell77
06-28-2009, 03:54 PM
admittedly, i am completely new to mags and mag bodies, but i prefer #1, except i would remove the front dogleg angle, and replace it with a single angle up. like the factory flash hider on an old AK-47.
also, is there enough room on the bottom of the body, inside the rail ( i guess) for a single detent, rather than putting them on the sides? i'm assuming the use of a detent like a cocker or shocker or something.

Mongoose
07-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Wow....looking at the poll results i am exactly where i started..............confused about which one to make :D

im working on some other designs.......more to come

thanks for taking the time to vote and voice your opinions :cheers:

Sumthinwicked
07-02-2009, 06:41 PM
since im tired of the body options available i will look and give u my answers when i get a chance LOL

Newt
07-02-2009, 07:08 PM
#2. The milling on the front looks like headlights. Maybe reptilian eyes.

I agree with the consensus though, they're all missing...something. Perhaps go with #2 and incorporate something that could be interpreted as "fangs" or a vehicle grill into the design right below the "eyes/headlights". If you're going for the whole "venom" theme, that might work out.