PDA

View Full Version : micro emag valve help.

DEEPSEA
06-24-2009, 12:58 AM
So I bought the micro emag that was here for sale, and the on off had a black piece of rubber around the pin. What I am asking are there more than one oring in the valve when I pull off the on off? what should it look like?

can I put an emag on off in there with the pin to get it to work?

Smoothice
06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5427/xvalveexplodedff7.gif

Hope this helps with what it should look like.

TwilightG
06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
the black o-ring sounds like the 'quad' o-ring that is more commonly used in e-mag on/offs (someone else will have to chime in on what makes it different)

however, I thought I read somewhere that the Micro E-Mags also had a different length on/off pin (shorter than the std e-mag). I do not know if using a standard length e-mag on/off pin will have any adverse effects.

DEEPSEA
06-24-2009, 10:55 AM
So I have #23 in place and I think it might need a quad oring that is missing. Can I buy one on sunday if you have one nick?

Smoothice
06-24-2009, 11:03 AM
So I have #23 in place and I think it might need a quad oring that is missing. Can I buy one on sunday if you have one nick?

I MAY have an extra one. But whatever you need i'm sure someone will have. Just bring it and we will go from there. :cheers:

athomas
06-25-2009, 05:10 PM
23 is the outer urethane oring. Older retro/emag valves had an indent drilled in the bottom of the on-off hole and didn't use this outer oring.

22 should be a black quad oring in the emag.

A micro emag needs a 0.675" on-off pin.