PDA

View Full Version : What length hose did the original automags come with?

BrokenMag
06-24-2009, 04:00 AM
I am restoring an old bone stock Automag I got. I have a tricked out ULE E-Mag but I've been wanting a bone stock Automag and finally picked one up. However it is missing a hose for it's ASA.

What length steel braid hose did the original 68 Automags with the stock back bottle ASA come with?

Ya know, the one that did a "U" from the back bottle ASA to the valve. No one seems to know for sure what size hey came with.

I'm heading out to Palmers Pursuit Shop tomorrow and since they make their own steel braided hoses I'll pick one up there.

Thanks for any help! :)

DamianTC
06-24-2009, 08:04 AM
there was no standard hose length. Those were the days of CO2 and I believe they didn't even ship the guns with hoses unless requested. Do you remember the anti-syphin loops around the body people would make?

Flatliner333
06-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Mine came with a short braided hose that went from the valve to a back bottle adapter. I still have it it is 4 1/4" long from end of fitting to end of fitting.

Spider-TW
06-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Mine came with a short braided hose that went from the valve to a back bottle adapter. I still have it it is 4 1/4" long from end of fitting to end of fitting.
That sounds about right. Is that 6" total? I still have one, but it's mixed up with expansion chamber and VA hoses. It was just enough to pull the valve out for cleaning (and get it back together).

Flatliner333
06-24-2009, 10:55 AM
4 1/4" is the total length of the hose assy. I have by itself. If I remember right it went straight into the valve and back bottle adapter without any 90* fittings. I always thought that was to short and it made it hard to get the valve in and out. I didnt keep it that way for long and went with a vertical bottle adapter , 9" hose and quick disconnect after that. :cheers:

Flatliner333
06-24-2009, 11:42 AM
If anyone is interested there is a BNIB stock 68 Automag with this same set up (no powerfeed) for sale on the Bay... buy it now $230.00.

BrokenMag
06-24-2009, 12:58 PM
If anyone is interested there is a BNIB stock 68 Automag with this same set up (no powerfeed) for sale on the Bay... buy it now $230.00.

I saw that mag Flatliner333, I wanted to buy it, but... it is so well preserved I couldn't bring myself to open it and use it. That belongs in a museum! I looked at that auction quite a few times but decided I wanna use this gun, so I got an old beat up standard mag and just restored it. Waiting for my parts kit from AGD now.

Anyways, thank you everyone for the help :)

athomas
06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
6" sounds about right for the hose length. Mine came with one in 1993. I have my original hose somewhere here, but I can't find it right now.