PDA

View Full Version : mini mag problem

cockerspy
06-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Alright so I went out and played some paintball yesterday and I locked on my HPA tank to my mini mag turned the on and off and all went well shot about a hopper and a half when all of a sudden the trigger went limp... (I know sounds bad but that's what happen) The tank still had pressure in it and was sitting at about 2500 psi the macro lines were still engaged but there was no bolt movement when the trigger was pulled as if there was no air in the valve. I stripped it down refilled the tank and used a Cocker the tank works, placed back on my mag turned it on and it came back to life except when I got on the trigger it would have major shoot down to the point of "no air" again. I could wait a little bit and pull the trigger and it would shoot but then when tried to go faster it would shoot down once again. I just bought a rebuild kit for the mag and replaced everything before I even went out so what could the problem be? It is a classic not an RT or lvl 10... any help would be great I've taken this thing apart several times and can't find anything... but I know I'm missing something...

frans42000
06-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Alright so I went out and played some paintball yesterday and I locked on my HPA tank to my mini mag turned the on and off and all went well shot about a hopper and a half when all of a sudden the trigger went limp... (I know sounds bad but that's what happen) The tank still had pressure in it and was sitting at about 2500 psi the macro lines were still engaged but there was no bolt movement when the trigger was pulled as if there was no air in the valve. I stripped it down refilled the tank and used a Cocker the tank works, placed back on my mag turned it on and it came back to life except when I got on the trigger it would have major shoot down to the point of "no air" again. I could wait a little bit and pull the trigger and it would shoot but then when tried to go faster it would shoot down once again. I just bought a rebuild kit for the mag and replaced everything before I even went out so what could the problem be? It is a classic not an RT or lvl 10... any help would be great I've taken this thing apart several times and can't find anything... but I know I'm missing something...

Ok, first, man that is hard to read.

Second, it seems to me that your on/off pin is sticking up into the inner teflon oring at the top of the on/off hole.

Take out the on off, and lube up the top of the pin. Maybe even put your old on/off orings back on if you have them.

If you have another teflon o-ring, or even your old one, change that too.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=33&categoryID=18

BigTrucker
06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
I know this is going to sound dumb..... was your air on all the way? I know some times I'll turn off my air with my pinkey and I'll have the same problem.

secretweaponevan
06-24-2009, 07:51 PM
You z a Long Gur Space R

Darn MCB and their beers!

cockerspy
06-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Ok, first, man that is hard to read.

Second, it seems to me that your on/off pin is sticking up into the inner teflon oring at the top of the on/off hole.

Take out the on off, and lube up the top of the pin. Maybe even put your old on/off orings back on if you have them.

If you have another teflon o-ring, or even your old one, change that too.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=33&categoryID=18

thanks I'll try that

athomas
06-25-2009, 04:37 PM
It could be a piece of dirt that got into the valve somewhere, especially since it was working at first.

The on-off ASA could be the culprit. If the ASA pin is too long or too short it could starve the valve while shooting.

Bolt stick could cause the same symptom. If the bolt does not reset, the sear does not come forward to reset the trigger and it will be limp as if there is no air. This is an easy check. If it happens, push the bolt back with a squeegie. If it clicks in place and the trigger resets, then it is bolt stick. Then you can look for the source of bolt stick, which is usually a powertube spacer that is too short or a worn bolt spring. Bolt springs are replacement items anyway and should be replaced on a regular basis as part of the regular maintenance of the mag. Check that the rail bushing is in place. If it is missing, your valve may have worked at first and then slid back and stopped working. The rail bushing is important to make sure the valve is held tightly in place.