PDA

View Full Version : Macro Line.

Ebbed
06-24-2009, 08:34 PM
What macro line would you guys suggest for my tac one, I bought a braided steel air line and fittings but it seems like more work than it needs to be if I ever need to take the gun apart. The stuff that came with my air through stock has a very small inner diameter, any links would be greatly appreciated.

eXo_oUtSiDeR
06-24-2009, 08:59 PM
macroline is macroline

heres where to buy some

http://macrolineguy.com/

GoatBoy
06-24-2009, 09:06 PM
macroline is macroline

Wrong.

eXo_oUtSiDeR
06-24-2009, 09:20 PM
explain

Don Carnage
06-24-2009, 09:33 PM
I've had crap Macroline that blew out halfway through a game. Scared the heck outta me too. I cut a new piece and low and behold it too blew out the side halfway through the next day game.

Only get the best stuff. Saving a buck or two isn't worth it when it blows.

For my mags I use stainless hose. I added a quick disconnect for ease of maitenence and reccomend them to anyone. Since I use a 1,000psi output tank for higher RT, I just dont trust Macroline enough to hold during an all day game.

Looper
06-24-2009, 09:37 PM
http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=MACROLINE&Category_Code=MACROLINE

dark blade
06-24-2009, 10:25 PM
its true. different macrolines have different flex radii, inner wall diameters, thicknesses, and densitys of the plastics used.

They do differ. but usually not enough to matter.

Any macro at any pb store is good enough (90% of the time)

and its certainly easier than SS hose but not nearly as reliable in my opinion.

punkncat
06-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Go ahead and do the little bit of extra work to get the SS lne on. Put in a QD with it for ease of removing the valve. Once you are done, you should never have to worry about it again.

behemoth
06-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Parker Parflex from Tunaman.

CANT BEAT IT.

Watcher
06-25-2009, 01:17 AM
I just went from Macro to SS on my RT Pro. I ran a QD on one end and a SlideCheck with a QD on the other. It is very easy to work with, and the slide check/QD allows me to degass and rem ove the valve without having to take the tank off.

Some SC may choke airflow, so it is important you check them to make sure you can use them while the return policy is still good.

Don't forget to oil SCs and QDs, they have o-rings inside...

Newt
06-26-2009, 02:35 PM
What is this "Parker Parflex" you speak of? I don't see it on his site.

smilestyler
06-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Just ask him for it.

The stuff from macrolineguy is also made by parker I do believe.

Newt
06-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Okay, so it's good a brand of macroline. It sounded like you were talking about some exoticly cool new system that most of us haven't seen yet. :(

SSP REAPER
06-26-2009, 09:06 PM
macrolineguy only carries parker parflex. it will withstand up to 1200 psi without any problems.

Ebbed
06-27-2009, 05:20 PM
I ended up picking up some fittings and stainless steel braided hose that suits my needs nicely, If I ever make the switch to macro line Ill check out macro line guy.

GoatBoy
06-28-2009, 04:10 AM
If I am to believe the specs on ASP and Macroline guy's site, the stuff they have is 1000 working pressure, 3000 burst, which is pretty good.

I have an older batch of stuff that I did buy from Macroline guy, and it was marked:

PARKER PARFLEX N 1/4 O.D X .062 WALL 500 W.P. UL94HB 008170 3

When I check that online, it comes up as 500 PSI working pressure, 2000PSI burst pressure.

"Working pressure" is defined as:

"The pressure rating that indicates the maximum pressure a conductor should experience in service."

kevdupuis
06-28-2009, 08:45 AM
The Parker parflex I use is pn# NBR-4-050, 1/4" dia, 625 psi working pressure, 2500 psi min burst pressure which I get from a local hydraulic parts store. I've used it for approx 5 years and have not had any problem with it.

p8ntbal4me
06-28-2009, 01:52 PM
....and its certainly easier than SS hose but not nearly as reliable in my opinion.

Cut a SS hose in half and you will find marco line inside.

Macro line is nothing more than SS hose withou the SS mesh around it and threaded ends.

~ P8nt

Watcher
06-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Well, yes and no.

The macroline can afford to be thinner in the SS line because the steel braid keeps it from expanding and blowing open. Aside from allowing it to be more flexable without breaking, this means you can have a bigger inner diameter and better airflow with the SS line than just Macro, and it is stronger.

The downside is that is isn't as easy to work with.

Thordic
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
If you are running high pressure into your mag, you will likely burst your macro once or twice, or blow out a fitting. The stuff just isn't made to run 1000 PSI constantly.

I've had macro blow while in my hand, its not fun. Left a silver dollar sized bruise and my hand hurt for a week. Fittings blowing isn't much better, and you run the risk of the collar shooting out a few feet.

SS is definitely better to run on mags if you are running high pressure.

I run macro myself, but I've come to accept the fact that it could blow on me at any given time. I think I've had the hose go twice, and I've lost two or three fittings to blowouts over the years. It's always happened at gas-up, not during a game or anything.

GoatBoy
06-30-2009, 08:29 PM
The downside is that is isn't as easy to work with.

Second downside is that all the metal involved in the braid, the fitting, the elbows, and the quick disconnect pairs add weight.

Not something the milsim guys care much about though.

I've used micro/macro line since the 90's. I've never had anything burst on me -- neither hose nor fittings.

I keep my runs short, avoid bends, and generally respect my equipment.