PDA

View Full Version : ninja reg

Tym
06-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone has used the ninja high pressure reg? They boast industry leading recharge time and they say it's adjustable (via shims).. I'm wondering if anyone has used one in conjunction with an X-valve to get the R/T bumpin...

Any info would be great, thanks guys.

secretweaponevan
06-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Tops out at around 850 psi with stock shims. You can get it a little higher, but each reg is unique due to tolerances.

Just give ninja a call and tell them what you need. Ray is a really nice guy and can tell you if he can do it or not.

bojangles1983
06-28-2009, 09:46 PM
I picked one up at dday a couple weeks ago. Just tried it out today actually on my emag with it set to mechanical. Jay set it up for a mag for me and said it would be around 900 psi. It wasnt recharging very well so I checked it with a gauge and it was only putting out 800. I had one silver shim left so I put it in, havent checked it since. I will say that it is great to see an item that is made in the US (even though the name Ninja had me thinking it would be foreign made) Its a nice looking reg for a nice price and really easy to disassemble. Comes with thread saver too!

I have one of the new SIS maxflo regs, it does great with bounce. I also have a CP reg with the new high pressure piston and it does fine also. as long as you get past 850 you will be pretty bouncy. I actually used my emag at D-day and never turned it to electro, it was bouncing so well in mech mode I just left it there.... Kinda made me wonder why I put so much into the emag, but then I set it to 31 bps and that made me remember :)

Tym
06-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I picked one up at dday a couple weeks ago. Just tried it out today actually on my emag with it set to mechanical. Jay set it up for a mag for me and said it would be around 900 psi. It wasnt recharging very well so I checked it with a gauge and it was only putting out 800. I had one silver shim left so I put it in, havent checked it since. I will say that it is great to see an item that is made in the US (even though the name Ninja had me thinking it would be foreign made) Its a nice looking reg for a nice price and really easy to disassemble. Comes with thread saver too!

I have one of the new SIS maxflo regs, it does great with bounce. I also have a CP reg with the new high pressure piston and it does fine also. as long as you get past 850 you will be pretty bouncy. I actually used my emag at D-day and never turned it to electro, it was bouncing so well in mech mode I just left it there.... Kinda made me wonder why I put so much into the emag, but then I set it to 31 bps and that made me remember :)

Lol, sweetness.. What new regs will do 900+? CP? do you need to upgrade it? or can you buy it with the new high pressure piston already installed?

bojangles1983
06-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Both the CP and the Maxflo SIS can come with the HP option. the maxflo costs $65, the CP is $100 but has full lifetime warranty with crash protection. Basically if you break it for any reason at all they give you a new one. If I think about it i will gas all 3 regs up tomorrow to a gauge and tell you the results.

Tym
06-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Both the CP and the Maxflo SIS can come with the HP option. the maxflo costs $65, the CP is $100 but has full lifetime warranty with crash protection. Basically if you break it for any reason at all they give you a new one. If I think about it i will gas all 3 regs up tomorrow to a gauge and tell you the results.

Dude, if you could do that it would rock :headbang:

Thanks for the info man! :hail:

Doobie
06-29-2009, 09:26 AM

O.K I'm subscribing to this thread to see what you get now.

No pressure or anything :)

BigEvil
06-29-2009, 09:48 AM
O.K I'm subscribing to this thread to see what you get now.

No pressure or anything :)

Me too. I've been curious about these regs for a while now.

Although its not all about output pressure, its recharge. I have a screw in centerflag screw in that puts out 950 but stalls at high rof.

Tym
07-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Just wondering if you've had a chance to try this reg out yet?

I've tryed my roommates pure energy reg (not sure what model) and it hopps quite well. I'm wondering if there are possibly many regs that will do.. I was thinkin I could take my mag into the paintball store and see if they'll let me try it.

secretweaponevan
07-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Just wondering if you've had a chance to try this reg out yet?

I've tryed my roommates pure energy reg (not sure what model) and it hopps quite well. I'm wondering if there are possibly many regs that will do.. I was thinkin I could take my mag into the paintball store and see if they'll let me try it.

I have one. Works great on my mag. It uses almost an RT Valve style of recharge. It should keep up with anything out there in terms of flow.

Tym
07-14-2009, 11:24 PM
I have one. Works great on my mag. It uses almost an RT Valve style of recharge. It should keep up with anything out there in terms of flow.

So the Ninja Reg hopps? No shoot down? I'm mostly interested in the R/Ting..

Ando
07-14-2009, 11:46 PM
http://jdsairman.com/Regs.html

Never seen one in action but 2000 psi output pressure would pwn face :shooting:

d4m4don3
07-15-2009, 12:21 AM
idk if this is common knowledge but Ninja used to make the PE regs until PE farmed their stuff off overseas.

Tym
07-15-2009, 12:31 AM
http://jdsairman.com/Regs.html

Never seen one in action but 2000 psi output pressure would pwn face :shooting:

Wow, OMG... You don't need a 2000psi reg tho do you? Like a 1000psi would do right?

fishmishin
07-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I have a CP tank with the Hp reg. I have never had it on a gauge but while I had my RT and X valves awhile back it would make them bump on along quite well, and CP is a great company to deal with as far as customer service.

Sumthinwicked
07-15-2009, 02:08 AM
Wow, OMG... You don't need a 2000psi reg tho do you? Like a 1000psi would do right?
click click boom lines wont hold that not macro thats for sure

Ando
07-15-2009, 09:00 AM
click click boom lines wont hold that not macro thats for sure
Defiantly will need SS line for a 2000PSI setup and no Tym you wouldn't need that much unless your trying for a new BPS record... :rolleyes:

Watcher
07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Just switched my Crossfire reg for a Ninja. The CF one busted the LP burst disc so I don't exactly trust it until I get it rebuilt, so I figured what the heck.

The Ninja outputs about 850 for me, whereas my Pure Energy tankoutputs like 825 and my CF tank was outputting 800 when I checked it after it blew.

Getting more shims in the Ninja reg will bring it to 900+ easily.

Doesn't seem to starve my automag, so they recharge well.

I'll have to play with it to really see what it is like, though.

Tym
07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Just switched my Crossfire reg for a Ninja. The CF one busted the LP burst disc so I don't exactly trust it until I get it rebuilt, so I figured what the heck.

The Ninja outputs about 850 for me, whereas my Pure Energy tankoutputs like 825 and my CF tank was outputting 800 when I checked it after it blew.

Getting more shims in the Ninja reg will bring it to 900+ easily.

Doesn't seem to starve my automag, so they recharge well.

I'll have to play with it to really see what it is like, though.

Alright, I picked up a ninja reg. My buddy tossed in a couple shims for free..

Basicaly there are two types of shims, one thick one thin, the stock reg had 2 thick and 2 thin. Stock PSI is 850...

I added 1 thick and 2 thin shims (all my buddy gave me) and it brought it up to 950-975.
And this Ripps!! I was throwing ropes of what looked like 22 - 25 BPS.. I was using a normal gravity hopper, so the lvl 10 would kick in disrupting the RT. But I empty the hopper in 2 - 3 trigger pulls.. No problems, Once I get some 9V's I'll toss the halo on and try it out..

THIS REG RIPPS! once you add a shim or two.. I give it 5 out of 5 devil horns :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Looper
07-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I was throwing ropes of what looked like 22 - 25 BPS.. I was using a normal gravity hopper

:tard: :spit_take

Tym
07-18-2009, 05:14 PM
:tard: :spit_take

Lol yeah, I know but the halo's bats are dead.. Don't judge me! :rofl:

Also I went to another store today and picked up a used regulator rebuild kit, it's got an *** load of shims in it, so once I empty the tank again, I'll add another shim, I"ll try to get it up to 1000 - 1100.. This should be even better.. Once I get new bats in the hopper, I'll make a vid..

Tym
07-23-2009, 02:43 AM
Lol yeah, I know but the halo's bats are dead.. Don't judge me! :rofl:

Also I went to another store today and picked up a used regulator rebuild kit, it's got an *** load of shims in it, so once I empty the tank again, I'll add another shim, I"ll try to get it up to 1000 - 1100.. This should be even better.. Once I get new bats in the hopper, I'll make a vid..

well it turns out that the shims in that other kit won't fit the Ninja, prolly a good thing too..

I"m not sure if my ninja reg is suckin or not, but it's not bumping anywhere near what it did the first couple days.. My roommates P.E reg Cranks way better than the ninja :(

So now I"m wondering if I should try and take it apart and relube it, or just say screw it and try for a better reg.. Any suggestions? What regs work the best RTing? So far the best I've tryed is the PE..

Tym
07-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Well it seems my brand new dye gauge is off, I added another shim to the ninja and it blew the burst disk.. we removed 2 more shims and it's at 1100 now.. My gauge says 900.. So before it was at 1200 and still not RTing anywhere near my roommates PE that is at 900..

So I conclude that ninja regs suck, or at least are not as good at RTing as The old PE regs..

I will post a vid of the 2 on youtube sometime...

Tym
08-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Ok well, I ditched the ninja, I guess I'll prolly sell the reg some time..
I got a max-flo. OMFG! It is killer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so7dMhj-8jY&feature=channel_page

I captured a second of audio, slowed it down and counted 27 BPS.