PDA

View Full Version : chicago paintball

tarrasque
01-31-2002, 10:15 PM
hello any one live in or near chicago

also anyone know of fields near chicago like an hour or so away (dont want to travel to far)...also is the chicago paintball factory indoor place still in business???

i live in the upper nort west side of chicago also anywhere to get nitro fills like any scuba shops that are friendly to paintballers or other places to fill both co2 and nitro??

thanks

Maghappy
01-31-2002, 10:22 PM
hey im a chicagoain as well. i live in north suburbs. CC paintball is a good field but crazy prices. $120 per case. www.ccpaintball.com also wwww.rnspaintball.com is a good field i hear with $60 cases. everywhere else sucks and paint prices are sh|t! like $120 a case. CC is a good field and is indoor. bad boyz toyz, http://www.badboyztoyz.com/ fills nitro and co2 but its $6 per fil for 68ci nitro and smaller and $4 for c02. there prices suck as well and they are anti mags. thats why my team and i just bought 2 scubas and a fill station for our field we built :) its sweeet. anywho... if u ever wanted to come play on our field and what not or meet me and my team somehwer and we could have some fun just LMK. any more questions just PM me or email me at ratpulse0003@hotmail.com aim = ratpulse. see ya raound :)

peace

-adam

nutz
01-31-2002, 10:25 PM
hey tarra... im from northbrook what suburb are u from? and the paintball factory is not open any more... the basic run down of chicago fields is

www.ccpaintball.com
www.paintballblitz.com
http://www.buyshocktech.com/badlandz.html
http://www.challengepark.com/paintball.html

those are the main ones... there are a few more that i may not know of but if u live in northbrook or near it plz email me and i can help u out with the pb scene around here

Maghappy
01-31-2002, 10:30 PM
btw, me and nutz are really good friends lol. anyway blitz is posibly the worst field ive ever played on. crap organized. 120 per case. crappy people. really mean. no help, fields SUCK. and may i stress they SUCK! its a flood plane and all muddy. no hyperball or sup air. only a crap speedball field and a woods field. people that go ther are all newbs. dont go to blitz. and i heard challenge park is awesome sept lots of poeple get hurt there. and i hear there is no chrono

the123
02-01-2002, 12:44 AM
Welcome to Chciago. Most of the fields are mentioned above, but I wanted to add 1 more. www.foxpaintball.com
great field, 3 speedball courses, friendly staff, and on the bank of the Fox River..
That might be a little drive for you.
Just also want to add that Challenge park DOES have a chrono, they have one at the target range, and the head ref for the field you're on SHOULD chrono EVERY personal marker that plays a game with a handheld chrono.
AS for people getting hurt, well, a fellow AO memeber, who may post here sortly broke his ankle there. It happens. If you go, be careful, 1 of the fields is full of rubble.
Other than that, you picked a good city (or area) to play paintball.
Brian

damageinc54
02-01-2002, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood buddy!!! Another field that has not been mentioned is my teams home field Friendly Fire. The field is located in Kirkland, Illinois just off of Rt 72. It is one of the best fields in the Chicago Area and it is a stop in the CPSA series. I live in Cicero which is right next to Chicago and it only take me 1 hour to get to FF. It is definatly worth you looking into. You can get a detailed map and check out some of the fields on their site. Just click the link in my signature. The field opens on March 2nd. My teams are sponsored by the field and I am looking for some more guys for the upcoming CPSA series. If you are looking to jump into the Chicago tournament scene just drop me a PM or Email and we can talk. Again welcome to Chi town!!!

Nephlyte
02-01-2002, 01:27 PM
I would also recommend friendly fire.

Very nice fields great people.
Takes me a little over an hour to get there from melrose park,
but well worth it.

meanelvis
02-01-2002, 03:03 PM
I'm out in Elgin (far west chicago, a little less than halfway to rockford on I-90), and I've gotta throw in my 2 cents for operation paintball ( http://www.operationpaintball.com )... Nice field for most players, nice, non-lazy ref's (you guys know what i'm talking 'bout.. the refs who stand by each other talkin bout the weather while you're calling for a 'check)..

The field doesnt have any air fields, but the speedball fields are fun. Not the best talent goes to play there, usually some first timers, but if you want to have a fun day head out there.

Oh I'm going to be a ref there Saturdays starting in March, look for the ref with the green canvas paintball pants :)

If you want cheap field paint and dont mind the drive, wylde side near rockford has the best prices I've seen. I think it's 60 or 70 for a case. Not the best fields or officiating but cheap as bunk paint :)

Crazy
02-01-2002, 03:17 PM
sheesh, those air prices are insane at Bad Boyz Toyz... the one by me in merrillville,IN has 1$ air and co2, 20oz or 4500-114ci.

IceCool32
02-01-2002, 05:33 PM
Hour? nope. Two hours from Chicago is Paint N' Place. Which is in Peoria, IL. It's a nice indoor place to check out. $90 for a case and $15 for all day air and field fee with your own equipment. Pekin Paintball is also good. They've got Diablo Hellfire and Blaze for $70 a case and field fee and all day air for $5.

NATIONAL POLICE PAINTBALL
06-01-2006, 06:49 PM
hello any one live in or near chicago

also anyone know of fields near chicago like an hour or so away (dont want to travel to far)...also is the chicago paintball factory indoor place still in business???

i live in the upper nort west side of chicago also anywhere to get nitro fills like any scuba shops that are friendly to paintballers or other places to fill both co2 and nitro??

thanks
Interested in joining a league here in Chicago?

We are in the process of forming a league that will be open to all.

Visit our web site: http://www.nppl.us
Joining this league should help you with all your future paintballing needs.

06-01-2006, 06:55 PM
hey im a chicagoain as well. i live in north suburbs. CC paintball is a good field but crazy prices. $120 per case. www.ccpaintball.com also wwww.rnspaintball.com is a good field i hear with $60 cases. everywhere else sucks and paint prices are sh|t! like $120 a case. CC is a good field and is indoor. bad boyz toyz, http://www.badboyztoyz.com/ fills nitro and co2 but its $6 per fil for 68ci nitro and smaller and $4 for c02. there prices suck as well and they are anti mags. thats why my team and i just bought 2 scubas and a fill station for our field we built :) its sweeet. anywho... if u ever wanted to come play on our field and what not or meet me and my team somehwer and we could have some fun just LMK. any more questions just PM me or email me at ratpulse0003@hotmail.com aim = ratpulse. see ya raound :)

peace

-adamIm in the process of forming a paintball league here in the Chicagoland area. If you think that you might be interested in belonging to a league that will treat you as a league member and not just a number visit our site: http://www.nppl.us

This league is still in its infancy but we are making all the right connections, there is strength in numbers and what I mean by this is that if our league grows to a number far above any of the other leagues here in the midwest, well, then we will be making the decisions when it comes to fees and what we pay for paint. I am currently working with Badlandz, CPX and Fox valley. If we can get this league kicked off this season, then next season we can start setting dates for matches and tournaments.

Visit the site and let me know

Ron B (NPPL)POLICE-CHICAGO

06-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Brian

Its Ron B(chicago P.d.) First Time In Here For Me, Im Going To Advertise The League As Much As Possible In As Many Places As Possible. This Place Seems Like A Good One.

Stay Safe

BD_Paintball
06-01-2006, 07:02 PM
i play at the factory and i know almost all of the refs at the factory, and its still open. if you are in the north burbs like me there is a place in west bend WI called stinger that is opening sometime this summer i think. a kid on our college team playes for their factory team(stinger factory) and the place is going to be amazing. here is the link to the thread on pbn http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1315752

tippmannsniper-
06-01-2006, 09:02 PM
ya, i go to factory too, its definitly still open. great feilds too. fill nitro and paint prices are reasonable. also if u play woodsball, there is a great field that about a 45 min drive from north chicago called promised land paintball past the border of wisconsin. i go there every month. u can search it on google. the place is HUGE

deathstalker
06-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Necromancy!!!

FallNAngel
06-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Oh my good lord... GJ NPP, you just replied and ressurected a thread from over 4 years ago... :rolleyes: