PDA

View Full Version : Warning To Shippers Use Insurance! Dc = Owned

Sumthinwicked
06-29-2009, 07:06 PM
long story short i did a trade with a friend on here it got delivered on the 22 according to the paperwork and postman (whos a moron for leaving a package there after i told him not to ) and stolen outta my box by my nieghbors i think and we are screwed because it wasnt insured accordin to my postmaster who said call the cops im still dealing with this and my friend said well hash something out and square up but i wanted everyone to be carefull in this enviorment and insure all packages the po dont care about ur stuff and told me to go screw so im out a freakbarrel w insert ,a rt forgrip asa adapter, and a cool set of empire grips :mad: i really liked them to :( and the barrel i shipped out LOL meh just money but still sux

BobTheCow
06-29-2009, 07:54 PM
I can sympathize with your situation, but dear god man, would it have killed you to have sprinkled a few periods throughout that block of text? My brain feels like it's out of breath after racing through that 146-word sentence.

Sumthinwicked
06-29-2009, 07:56 PM
lol its muh engrish i wen ta tek skol LOL

maniacmechanic
06-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Thats why everything I buy , I have shipped to my work

Sumthinwicked
06-29-2009, 08:51 PM
lol government contractor i cant :(

MANN
06-29-2009, 09:11 PM
yeah my postman sucks too. left my 1300 dollar paintball marker sitting on top of my mail box. Didn't even realize it needed a signature.

Sumthinwicked
06-29-2009, 09:24 PM
same thing but no sig so its a loss i think

SCpoloRicker
06-29-2009, 10:30 PM
lol its muh engrish i wen ta tek skol LOL

http://msp153.photobucket.com/albums/s238/bradly2795/lol_wut.jpg

Sumthinwicked
06-29-2009, 10:38 PM
u quote me with nothing >

trevorjk
06-29-2009, 11:07 PM
USPS registered mail. worth the extra $5

Sumthinwicked
06-29-2009, 11:10 PM
yea i know i wasnt the one who shipped :( twas a trade i insure EVERYTHING i send out

maniacmechanic
06-30-2009, 05:40 AM
yeah my postman sucks too. left my 1300 dollar paintball marker sitting on top of my mail box. Didn't even realize it needed a signature.

I swear to god I never got it , then split the insurance money with the seller !!! , just kidding :) , it would teach them a lesson though

correia3
06-30-2009, 07:23 AM
I can sympathize with your situation, but dear god man, would it have killed you to have sprinkled a few periods throughout that block of text? My brain feels like it's out of breath after racing through that 146-word sentence.

I love that you took the time to count the words...:rofl:

teufelhunden
06-30-2009, 09:03 AM
I love that you took the time to count the words...:rofl:

Step 1: Copy
Step 2: Paste in Word
Step 3: Tools->Word Count

And of course,

Step 4: ?????????
Step 5: PROFIT!

correia3
06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Step 1: Copy
Step 2: Paste in Word
Step 3: Tools->Word Count

And of course,

Step 4: ?????????
Step 5: PROFIT!

Still more work than I would have been willing to do...

DevilMan
06-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Delivery Confirmation PROVES it got delivered.

Insurance PROVES that it was in tact when it arrived

Signature Required makes certain that the correct person gets it... THOUGH the postman has never checked my ID to make sure I am who the package is mailed to. So don't know how that works. "I got a signature.... Don't knows whos it is... but I got one!"

Shiesty thieving neighbors will trump everytime because there is no real way to make sure that they don't take it.

Or you can drill a hole in the mailbox and door and leave an unlocked lock inside it so that if the mail man leaves anything there he can put the lock on it.

Wish it wasn't so man.... and hope it all gets resolved nicely.

DM

Dend78
06-30-2009, 11:21 AM
hate to hear it bro bad things like this always happen to good ppl

Spider-TW
06-30-2009, 12:02 PM
I hate "delivery confirmation" by itself, coming or going. You look at the status and it says "delivered". What happens when you don't have it? It's just USPS saying "I don't have it".

MANN
06-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Signature Required makes certain that the correct person gets it... THOUGH the postman has never checked my ID to make sure I am who the package is mailed to. So don't know how that works. "I got a signature.... Don't knows whos it is... but I got one!"

Thats a joke. both mine and my step brothers first name are josh. My viking I got last week that was pushing 1500 had signature request/insurance. The label clearly stated my name. The post lady wrote my brothers name on the "please come to the post office to pick up the package" tag. My mom picked it up for me and she does not have my last name.

post offices are either really loose, or ran so tight you have to dot every I. Our main branch would not cash a MO for me because my license was 1mo past expired.

MANN
06-30-2009, 12:16 PM
I swear to god I never got it , then split the insurance money with the seller !!! , just kidding :) , it would teach them a lesson though

I thought about it. Our delivery guy is very lazy. none of my packages come past my mail box. He refuses to walk up my 2 car length driveway to set packages on the steps that dont fit in the mailbox.

DevilMan
06-30-2009, 01:39 PM
post offices are either really loose, or ran so tight you have to dot every I. Our main branch would not cash a MO for me because my license was 1mo past expired.

I love when they do that.... Is it not a form of ID??? I mean did the picture and name CHANGE???? Sure you aren't licensed to DRIVE legally... but how the hell does it not prove who you are???

What a retard thing to do.... I've been in the same boat... it wasn't the PO but somewhere else like getting into a bar or something where I got carded... it was expired by a few days, and they were like nope... no entry...

Talk about STUPID!

DM

Sumthinwicked
06-30-2009, 02:28 PM
trust im not mad at said shipper :) just the po well get it hashed out persay LOL