PDA

View Full Version : PODS, first time pack user?

skyless
06-30-2009, 12:17 AM
I have never had a pack before and have hardly ever used pods. I just got a Nxe 4+1, so i can run remote. The pack came with 4 pods but they are crap, the lids pop open even when there upright with a little bounce. I need some recommendation on what pods i should get that fit in the sleeves nicely and have functional lids. Thanks

zondo
06-30-2009, 12:47 AM
I've got these: Ebay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/10-New-GXG-Paintball-Pod-Tube-Pods-140-round-Smoke_W0QQitemZ400057726801QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item5d254c7751&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1240|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50)

Pretty nice... I was even sitting on them at one point and nothing happened. Lids lock and spring open only when you make the effort to. For example, I've dropped them a few times and the lid never came open. For the most part, pods are cheap. Don't spend a ton of money on them.

bigk01
06-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Compulsive's are nice. Extremely strong bodies with easy to flip lids. Also 2 bucks a piece which is nice

Watcher
06-30-2009, 01:37 AM
You really can't go wrong with those style of pods. Mike from TechPB coined them as "Taper top pods" because the neck flares out at the mouth.

Best way to describe them I've heard... Everyone makes them: Diablo, Draxxus, SpecOps, Tippmann, Compulsive, ActionVillage, etc...

VL pods are junk, don't waste your money. I showed up to the field once and nobody was there so I set up pods as targets and did a village run-through.

None of them survived 1 shot from a paintball, even at longball range. I was suprized they never broke with me wearing them...

Dye pods are nice, but I wouldn't spend the extra $$ unless it was a good deal and you knew they'd fit in your pak, they can be a bit big sometimes.

Good call on the NXe pak. I put them up there with V-Force, good quality stuff at an affordable price.

insixdays777
06-30-2009, 08:27 PM
I have used Dye Lock Lids since they came out...wont use anyother pod. Worth the extra money in my book.

dark blade
06-30-2009, 08:42 PM
ive used dye locklids before. To me... they dont provide any benefit. That is just my opinion.

Any pod pack and any decent "taper top pods" will be a good combo.

good luck with your search

Newt
06-30-2009, 09:03 PM
I also use the flare lid pods, never really had a problem. I just walk onto most scenario fields with a couple pod slots open and come back with more than I left with. You can prime the pump when they throw them out free after most big games.

There's a pretty heavy guy I've played with who swears by the Dye pods though. Apparently he won't use anything else since he crushed all the other paint in his pack one slide...except the stuff in his one Locklid.

Tracker
07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
i use the dye locklids, i love em, bought em when they first became available, and have had to replace nothing, they have had the hell beat out them, and they take it all with a smile,

as for the extra money, i dunno what a 6 pack of pods runs anymore, but yeah, you can buy 3 times as many, and you can lug around 36 pods or whatever when you go play, or you can buy 6-12, and never have to worry about breaking them and replacing them again

Tracker

vf-xx
07-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Picked up some pods at Shatnerball way back that acutally had padding in the bottom and on the lid. Means these never rattle on me, at all.

I've enjoyed them. Unfortunately, they're at home right now and I don't remember the brand.

Xceolite
07-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Love my dye locklids. Especailly the extra volume. Never had a problem.

Newt
07-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Picked up some pods at Shatnerball way back that acutally had padding in the bottom and on the lid. Means these never rattle on me, at all.

I've enjoyed them. Unfortunately, they're at home right now and I don't remember the brand.

It's pretty easy to install that. I have it on all mine. Just some 1/8 sticky back neoprene. Get it at a good hobby store and cut a circle slightly smaller than the inside of the lid.

vf-xx
07-03-2009, 12:09 PM
It's pretty easy to install that. I have it on all mine. Just some 1/8 sticky back neoprene. Get it at a good hobby store and cut a circle slightly smaller than the inside of the lid.

This is a good deal thicker and squishier, but sounds like your way works too.

Shock pods. that's what they are.

http://cgi.ebay.com/140-Round-Paintball-SYN-Black-Shock-Pods,-Tubes-x-5_W0QQitemZ370221841733QQcmdZViewItem

skife
07-03-2009, 12:18 PM
i have some older 2peice pods that are made out of the same plastic that those indestructiable waterbottles are made out of, they are aweomse. i'll find out who makes them later.