PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Upgrade My Minimag

trugz
06-30-2009, 07:22 AM
All right guys. I have a stock minimag and it works just fine. I would love to do some upgrades to it and everyone keeps dropping the level 10 and x valve. Is that the only two performance upgrades I should do. Remember I say performance!

Newt
06-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Good air system is always a starting point. After you get the X/RT valve, you might look at the ULT.

kcombs9
06-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Performance?

you own a air gun design marker? your set :headbang:

X valve is nice cause its all Aluminum. if you cant get one get an RT vavle it will perform the same.

lvl 10 for chops

ULT if you don't want heavy trigger pull but wont make any performance difference imo just less RT

DamianTC
06-30-2009, 03:39 PM
a stock minimag has a single finger trigger. I would get an intelli or Y grip with the 2 finger or blade trigger

Wanta B Sniper
06-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Two-finger triggers are only useful for rapid firing or if you have a ULT/electronics/pneumatics. You have a stock Minimag, advised upgrades for performance:
-HPA ( Carbon fiber if you don't have it already)
-Level 10 (once it is tuned it is the BEST thing ever)
-ReTro/RT Pro/E-Mag/X-Valve
-Barrel with good porting (porting increases consistency, decreases volume - unless you like a loud marker) Do not worry about bore size, neither under boring nor over boring will cause more barrel breaks so just get a good 1 piece barrel.
-Agitated hopper (if you don't already have one, a Revvy/Reloader/Reloader II/Warp Feed would be great - Warp is force feed).

davmitchell77
06-30-2009, 08:29 PM
ULT if you don't want heavy trigger pull but wont make any performance difference imo just less RT

do you mean to say that the stock minimag valve can be made to RT or "bounce"? controllably or reliably?
i seem to remember reading about shims and grinding the on off pin

Newt
06-30-2009, 08:31 PM
The hopper comment is probably the best thing to go with, air system being a very close second.

WBS, are you sure about the ULT? BlackVCG's ULT thread says that

This on/off assembly will fit and is recommended for the following:

X-Valves
Aluminum RT-Pro Valves

This on/off assembly can fit but is NOT recommended for the following:

E-Mags w/ double o-ring top
Micro E-Mags
MiniMag AIR Valves
68Automag Valves
Classic Automag Valves
SmartMags

This on/off assembly will NOT fit the following:

Stainless Steel RT-Pro Valves
Retro Valves
E-Mags w/ single o-ring top
Original RTs w/ Banjo Bolt valve

... basically it needs to be the double oring style on/off orifice and the single o-ring style valves can be modified to accept the ULT fairly easily.

kcombs9
06-30-2009, 10:20 PM
do you mean to say that the stock minimag valve can be made to RT or "bounce"? controllably or reliably?
i seem to remember reading about shims and grinding the on off pin

I mean to say the ULT has less bounce then a normal RT on/off which I'm pretty sure you can't use in a Classic valve

Shims for ULT

Grinding on/off pin for RT on/off

Newt
07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Well, apparently the ULT will fit and work in the classic, but it's far too easy to chuff it since the recharge isn't there.

vf-xx
07-01-2009, 09:19 AM
-ReTro/RT Pro/E-Mag/X-Valve (ULT is only compatible with black anodized valves - X-Valves)

Where did you hear that? I've got a ULT running in a ReTro valve just fine. Have for years.

Newt
07-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Where did you hear that? I've got a ULT running in a ReTro valve just fine. Have for years.
That's encouraging. I'm looking into getting one of those. Was your ReTro valve modified to accept the double oring in the on/off orifice, or is it working with it stock?

vf-xx
07-01-2009, 10:47 AM
That's encouraging. I'm looking into getting one of those. Was your ReTro valve modified to accept the double oring in the on/off orifice, or is it working with it stock?

You know, I honestly don't remember at this point, and my brother has the mag right now. I'll call him tonight and ask him to take a look see for me.

athomas
07-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Only the early retro and emag valves used the single oring above the on-off assembly. Later retro/emag valves and the X-valves used the two orings. There are a lot of stainless retro valves that accept the ULT in their stock configuration.

Wanta B Sniper
07-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Oh, my bad then. I read BlackVCG's thread and never knew that there were some steel valves (other than double o-ring E-Mag valves) that could fit the ULT. I will edit my first post. I just didn't want him to buy an ReTro/RT Pro valve with plans to put a ULT into it only to realize later that it won't fit his valve.

athomas
07-04-2009, 09:43 AM
You have to be aware of the valve you are buying. Some accept the ULT and some don't.