PDA

View Full Version : ACI Barrel questions

Watcher
07-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Ok, so I started working at this Military Surplus/Paintball store and going through the stock (after mooching free air and getting my lvl10 to pass the "dollar-test", of course) and I come across a Twist-Lock barrel.

Talking to the other employees I find out that I am about the first guy in, say, 5 years that has ever come in with a 'Mag.

I ask if I get an employee's discount. I do. So I found out I can take the barrel for like $20.

I do, and I snatch a random detent that was alone in a drawer and slap it on with some o-rings.

Turns out it is an Air Concept Industries Zero-Gravity 11" barrel, and I know nothing about it.

It is ported for most of it's length with a nice M-16ish muzzle at the end, so air effeciency is out the window but it is a sure thing it is quiet.

How much did the ACI barrels usually go for? Does anyone know the bore? It seems smaller than the stock CrownPoint barrel, which is good for me as this will be my only "good" aftermarket barrel I have for it (not counting the 6.5" AllAmerican barrel back I made for laughs).

Anyone else use/have one? What can I expect from it?
The thing is brand new, barely been out of the packaging as the package was covered in dust.

I know it was probably worth at least $20, so I'm happy with it. I just want to know what it is. The only other experience I have with ACI is from the plans PMI bought to make a Trracer, one of which I own...

... the Trracer, not the prints :rolleyes:

StygShore
07-02-2009, 10:20 PM
aluminum tube... nothing great, nothing bad about it. Brand new, probably worth the 20.00 you paid - used, most people would have a hard time getting 20.00 for it.

ACI barrels were more about looks than much else, they all performed as well as say a CP or similar single bnore barrel

Styg

davmitchell77
07-02-2009, 11:24 PM
i've owned 2 zero grav barrels, both miked about 691-693ish if memory serves..i replaced them with bigshots to get a slightly smaller bore

Watcher
07-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I'm still waiting for a good TL Lapco Autospirit for something in the .680 range, but I figured it'd sit there collecting dust so better I relieved the store of it for at least a good backup barrel :p