PDA

View Full Version : Reforming deformed Flex 7 IZE

jonmcfatty
07-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Well I picked up a flex 7 ize for a really good price :D . As most of you know the bottom part deforms very easily. Well I tried heating it up with a blow dryer and that didn't work. So this is how I got it looking normal again in les than ten minutes. This may have been posted before but i couldn't find it.
Steps
1. Take the goggles out of the mask
2. Get a tea pot and fill it to the top with water
3. Turn on your burner and let it sit there until its steaming heavily out the spout
4. Next hold the deformed section a few inches from the column of steam coming from the tea pot. Keep your hand and fingures out of the way! :mad: You can get burned from steam
5. Wait until you think its hot enough and then remove it from the steam. You can begin stretching it back to a closer to normal position.
6. repeat until satisfied.

Hope that helps someone out there.

feel free to share your ways of doing it :shooting:

p8ntbal4me
07-05-2009, 09:12 PM
LOL,... I never thought of using the steam,...

I do almost the same thing,.. but I sink mine in a pot of boiling water for a few seconds.

Ill have to try this one this week,...

~ P8nt

vf-xx
07-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Sinking in boiling water should work. That's how you fit Mouthguards...

devildog
07-05-2009, 09:44 PM
this is a trick from way back. best mask ever made. i still wear one to this day.

Jaan
07-05-2009, 09:47 PM
this is a trick from way back. best mask ever made. i still wear one to this day.I still wear one too...but I have to disagree a bit. The original Vents Predators were the best mask ever made.

I have, however, taken a pair of IZE Frames, and attached Vents parts to them so I can at least wear them on a field. :D

[NA]WARLORD
07-05-2009, 11:55 PM
I still wear one too...but I have to disagree a bit. The original Vents Predators were the best mask ever made. :D

I agree, hands down, the absolute best. I remember fogging mine in the summer once and taking tw steps forward, it actually un-fogged in seconds. It's a shame they went bankrupt.

jonmcfatty
07-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Sinking in boiling water should work. That's how you fit Mouthguards...

hey thats a good idea. No clue why that didn't come to mine. Thats how I got all the cosmoline out of one of my mil- surps

vf-xx
07-06-2009, 09:50 AM
hey thats a good idea. No clue why that didn't come to mine. Thats how I got all the cosmoline out of one of my mil- surps

If you're going to do it like that, here's probably the best way, have a pot of boiling water big enough to put the part in. Also have a bowl of cool water just as big nearby.

Dip in hot water, shape, dip in cool water.

Repeat as needed.

Rudz
07-06-2009, 12:46 PM
I def have to try this I have abt a half dozen ize masks, and 1 deformed bottom
Thanks guys

sandfreestyle
07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
I had mine deform and I hung it from a wire hanger to pull the bent peice back out over night and it worked great.