PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys recomend for elbows

mg4201
07-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I just purchased a minimag and now I need to by some elbows. What type do you recomend?

MANN
07-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I recommend getting a ule body, and get rid of the elbow.

If you want to keep the body there is a company that makes metal ones. I would get one of those.....on second thought have luke mod your feedneck. www.lukescustoms.com

Spider-TW
07-09-2009, 09:57 PM
If you keep the elbow, look for Atomic elbows, I think there's some in the dealer BST, or you can google for allen paintball products. I never could keep the clamping kind from cracking, and I only needed them for heavy battery powered loaders. I use an old nylon elbow (similar to an atomic) with a unpowered hopper without trouble.

For halos or the like, I gave up on elbows.

Smoothice
07-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I took a regular plastic elbow. (The heavy duty flexible kind)

Cut an X into both sides about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch deep.

Then I put metal hose clamps on each end.

Works like a charm. It can even hold up a halo with no movement.

captian pinky
07-09-2009, 10:38 PM
i did the same woorks great

davmitchell77
07-10-2009, 04:11 AM

hmm, $4 for an elbow or $145 for a body?

i agree with the atomix elbows, they are tough. i had a lab chew on 1 for a while, and he didn't do too much damage,it still works. all else fails, go with the ubiquitous VLbow.

MANN
07-10-2009, 04:45 AM
hmm, $4 for an elbow or $145 for a body?

you can easily get ules with clamping feednecks for ~100 bucks right now. you get the advantage of not having to deal with elbows & get cocker threading. Sell your am/mm body for 30 bucks and your only looking at a 70 dollar upgrade.

I have a box of elbows that never worked on any of my powerfeed markers. they would either break, or turn.

malJohann
07-10-2009, 05:27 AM
I have a black Armson elbow on my splash Minimag and it works great. PTP may still have a couple kicking around.

Old School 626
07-10-2009, 10:37 AM

If you want to keep the body there is a company that makes metal ones. I would get one of those.....on second thought have luke mod your feedneck. www.lukescustoms.com

+1.... I hate elbows. If you are going to rationalize the $80-$100 for a ULE body, how many games do you have to miss because your elbow broke to make up for the $80-$100. How many elbows do you have to buy to get to $80 - $100?? Plus you get access to a much larger selection of barrels in the process.

PS: If you think you have to spend $145, I have some I will sell you. :argh:

trevorjk
07-10-2009, 01:59 PM
get one of those old style 7/8 NON Adjustable elbows. and 2 pipe clamps.

it will be the most sturdy way to put a hopper on a mag, unless you do lukes mod.

also, elbow plus 2 pipe clamps that will pretty much last for ever will only cost around $5 at most

pillage
07-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Python makes a nice metal elbow.

Sumthinwicked
07-10-2009, 09:01 PM
i always wanted to try them out so they are nice

Chrome
07-10-2009, 10:18 PM
I've got one of the python vertical ones. Well built, sits a little tall-ish compared to an integrated vertical feedneck (but short by vert elbow standards), but the thing that bugs me is that it seems like a few more fiddly bits than I like to see in something meant to be simple.

That, and I've gotten used to having an elbow I can see though to check on my feed during play.

DamianTC
07-10-2009, 10:25 PM
yes, just get a plastic elbow and go to home depot and buy atleast 2 hose clamps.... I bought 6 and threw the rest in my toolbox... never will have to use them... but you never know... I want to say you need the 3/4" or 1" size but I am not sure... just bring your elbow into depot with you and size it up yourself. they are 89 cent each..

the hard plastic ones with the built in clamping screws will break everytime on you... and they are like $10 each.... HOSE CLAMPS ON A CHEAP SOFT PLASTIC ELBOW.... trust us