PDA

View Full Version : Small dilemma on my hands

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
07-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I have my pride and joy up for sale right now here http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243866 with reasons behind it.. I also have this marker as my back up that i was going to start using as my only marker http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/BREAD_DA_PAINTER/mini8.jpg.

I had bought the mini and other parts to do the color scheme and have not even played a game with it since it arrived, bought it used but it has upgraded to mostly V2 parts and a tadao board. Mind you I have not played paintball since AO south 2.5 which was April 18th and dont get to play no where as much as i would like. My question is if you had to keep a marker which one would you keep? couple pointers: if i sale my karta mag i can pay for everything at once, if i sale the mini i will have to buckle down and not spend alot of money which will mean even less paintball than i get to play now.. Is it really worth keeping something you have spent so much time making if you can not get out and play with it and show it off? :confused: :confused:

punkncat
07-10-2009, 09:32 AM
That mag will likely cost you well more than you are selling it for to rebuild IF you can source all the parts. But even as you said, half the fun is in the looking for the right part and building your project.

I use a Mini fairly often, used one as AOS a time or to. I really like them, and the weight and efficency are VERY nice perks. There is almost nothing to one, and Kee gives pretty good support for them.

Given the reason you said you were selling the Karta, I would follow through with that. It was a good plan, with a noble cause. You are only second guessing your self due to the emotional conflict. Follow through, get your degree, your promotion, and THEN decide if you want to build another...or even buy that one back, if possible.

OH and as a side note....this will not be accepted as an excuse not to be at AOS '09 :nono:
(cause so long as MANN shows, we both have a "T" fan to shoot)

kurtisqpublic
07-10-2009, 09:44 AM
That mag will likely cost you well more than you are selling it for to rebuild IF you can source all the parts. But even as you said, half the fun is in the looking for the right part and building your project.

I use a Mini fairly often, used one as AOS a time or to. I really like them, and the weight and efficency are VERY nice perks. There is almost nothing to one, and Kee gives pretty good support for them.

Given the reason you said you were selling the Karta, I would follow through with that. It was a good plan, with a noble cause. You are only second guessing your self due to the emotional conflict. Follow through, get your degree, your promotion, and THEN decide if you want to build another...or even buy that one back, if possible.

OH and as a side note....this will not be accepted as an excuse not to be at AOS '09 :nono:

Agreed. Mini's are fun little guns. I love mine and your education should be most important right now. Sell the mag, get your education, play some ball with the mini and buy some mags after you are all squared away with a great job and a degree on your wall. All that said, the karta is a nice looking gun!

MANN
07-10-2009, 10:05 AM

:eek:
I still owe you from when I forgot to turn my viking on, and popped up with no dice.

bread it is a hard choice. Fact is that a mini can do everything that an EPmag can do. The relialibility/quality is not as good (IMO), but they are nice little markers (I own one). I enjoy myself regardless of what I play with. Life should always come before paintball.

You could always sell the mini @ EP karta, and pick up a decent viking for sub 400. You get the same quality/reialibility(sp) of AGD & speed, efficency, ease of use as a mini. IMO it is the best of both worlds.

StygShore
07-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Keep the Mini sell the Mag -

Mini = Lighter, Smaller, cheaper to repair, more air efficient

Mag = Worth More :)

Styg

punkncat
07-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Mag = Worth More :)

Styg

key

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
07-10-2009, 10:34 AM

If I have to hitch hike and throw paintballs caveman style I will not miss AOS.. :ninja:

I really like the feel of the mini and how small and light it is... I just built the EP from scratch, piece by piece.. Hard to let something go like that.. I remember my " finger print nightmare" I sold and hated selling it from the day i shipped it..
Im really hoping I wont have to drop the price on it.. It is already under what it would cost to rebuild... Once I get the classes over and making more money Ill be over having to sell her also :cry: ....

StygShore
07-10-2009, 10:42 AM
looks to be there are some new products coming out dwn the line - maybe like Steve Austin you can build it better, faster, stronger

Styg