PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from GruntBull?

Frizzle Fry
07-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I sent in a body for stripping and ano that arrived 19 days ago (the 22nd) to their location... Email communication was great when setting it all up, but I sent an email the 22nd to see if all was well (payment, packaging, design, etc) and recieved no response. Several times since then, about every 4 days, I've tried emailing them and still got nothing back. I've been including my order # in the email so they must know what I'm talking about, but either way they should at least respond, right?

They're currently listing turnaround at 2-3 weeks, and I know that they recently rennovated and just started taking work again, so does anyone know why they haven't gotten back to me? That 3 week mark is coming up and I've got a tracking # that proves the item arrived... I just want to be able to catch PayPal in time for a claim; I don't want them to rip me off for a Micromag body :mad:

So it's known, I've used GBA before with no trouble, so this isn't a "hate thread" it's a "get-to-the-bottom-of-this thread". I've never heard of anything like this with GBA :confused:

bunny5
07-10-2009, 03:38 PM
lol... :ninja:

07-07-2009, 03:00 PM No answer from gruntbull since june 22nd:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3146951

06-30-2009, 09:08 PM Gruntbull Ano?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3140873

/end troll

Ruler_Mark
07-10-2009, 05:07 PM
sounds like GB has really dropped the ball even more recently:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3146951
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3140873

Warwitch
07-10-2009, 08:15 PM
http://assets.kaboose.com/media/00/00/04/ab/62aa2a542305d673d7384afd87ebc8232bde16b8/476x357/Slideshow-Snickers_476x357.jpg

DamianTC
07-10-2009, 10:36 PM
so basically, I lucked out by having the ULE bodies in black as my fav color????

GoatBoy
07-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Huh. I was about to ask about Gruntbull myself. I've sent them email questions about possible jobs, and they never respond.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for anodizers? I've got some parts that need the business.

Mongoose
07-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Huh. I was about to ask about Gruntbull myself. I've sent them email questions about possible jobs, and they never respond.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for anodizers? I've got some parts that need the business.

What color are you looking for?
What kind of turn around you looking for?
I might be able to help

BiNumber3
07-10-2009, 11:57 PM
on that note, anyone know if bazooka boy or the fool are/will be doin work? I know bazooka boy's shop got damaged, wonderin if it's up n runnin again.

drewkroeker
07-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I sent the fool a PM about anodizing my valhalla frame when it gets here and he said he would be able to do it. This was maybe two or three weeks ago, so the fool is definitely still in business.

Now my valhalla frame needs to get here so I can send it out! :bounce:

Frizzle Fry
07-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Well this sucks. If I don't get it back, what are my options? I can get my $110 back from PayPal, but that doesn't include my Micromag 2000 body that they've currently got! I can't find a phone number and they haven't answered my emails (at least 6 sent at this point...) so I've got no way to get in touch with them. I'm trying PMs to GBA on PbN but no responses their either.

It's now been 3 weeks they've had it, which according to their site is the max turnaround time.

bunny5
07-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Shipping Address:

Gruntbull Anodizing
325 West Canal Street
P.O. Box 812
Ansonia, Ohio 45303

Phone Number:

(937) 337-0049

:cheers:

Frizzle Fry
07-13-2009, 08:22 AM
So I called last night and got a hold of someone. It's been 22 days since my package arrived, and they hadn't even removed it from their mail bin yet, let alone opened it or started working! Their site says 15-20 days Turn-Around time. :mad:

When I called, I made it clear that I was just checking to see that my payment was all set, the details were confirmed, and it had arrived OK. The guy confirmed its arrival after I described the box to him and told him the order # so he could see if it was there... Which it had been for 3 weeks.When I told the guy that I'd been trying to email him with no response, he said "strange" in a sarcastic tone, and asked if I'd paid for "express service". I said no, and he said they'd probably start the project next week, then hung up on me.

:cuss:

This means that my package will have SAT UNTOUCHED for A MONTH before they even start polishing it... I was quoted 15-20 days from arrivale to departure, and it will have been 30+ before they even start working. What kind of B.S. is that? Someone needs to inform GBA about false promises and customer satisfaction. It could take 6 months for all I care, I just want an honest quote and the respect I deserve as a customer trusting their company with my expensive Micromag body. :nono:

FiXeL
07-13-2009, 11:30 AM
It could take 6 months for all I care, I just want an honest quote and the respect I deserve as a customer trusting their company with my expensive Micromag body. :nono:

Well in my case it almost turned out to be 6 months before i got my marker back. What must be said is that the anno job is done perfectly, and that they did help out when DHL fouled up and shipped it back to the states.

But the turnaround time? At the time (i shipped it 12-23-2007) they were responding to their mail, and all i got when asking about my baby was delays, delays, delays. Eventually i got it back around mid may 2008. (a month extra added trough incompetence from DHL i must add)

Frizzle Fry
07-14-2009, 04:29 AM
Well they've got 10 days 'til PayPal, the "Better Business Bureau" and the Massachussetts Attorney-Generals Office of consumer affairs get involved... I mean that, too. It's not too hard to say "we're busy so there's a wait" or "sorry, we didn't even open your package until DAYS AFTER the maximum quoted turn-around date.

:mad:

*edit:
I should point out that though the package containing my marker was opened 21 days after it arrived (turn-around quote was 15-20), even that only happened because I got sick of unanswered emails and called them... What would have happened had I not called? As is they won't even start on it for a week :(

Beemer
07-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Might want to tell them just to send it back..............

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244069

pronking
07-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Back about 2 years ago when my shop was still open we got a packet from "Grunbull Annodizing"
After glancing through the packet, I figured if they can't spell their own company name right, chances are I'm not interested in sending them my guns for ano....

Frizzle Fry
07-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Might want to tell them just to send it back..............

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244069

I might just do that. God this pisses me off.... I totally got that "next week" answer too and frankly I asked for the same anno job as that guy except in base red with black rather than base blue with black...

:mad:

Frizzle Fry
07-23-2009, 07:17 AM
The BBB site for Ohio seems to be saying "out of service". Phone call time.

bunny5
07-23-2009, 10:29 AM
have you gotten a refund back? or the parts?

Frizzle Fry
07-23-2009, 10:39 AM
have you gotten a refund back? or the parts?

Neither.

I've been calling and emailing but I've been unable to reach them since the single call weeks ago when I told them to open my package (3 weeks after arrival). They said they'd start it in a week, but they would be answering the phone if they were in the shop, wouldn't they?

Very pissed. This is taking forever.

Frizzle Fry
07-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Well I filed with the Better Business Bureau today and I'm asking for:

a) $110 + $10 shipping + the body I sent

b) $110 + $10 shipping + $250 for the body

c) The completed body + $40 for my time and trouble

Anyone else that has or is having issues should contact the Ohio BBB via their website; type in your location, and then their address, and the site will direct you to the proper branch and give you a form to fill out a report. Even if they solved your problem, the BBB deserves to know.

Frizzle Fry
07-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Complaint ID#: 42022822
Business Name: Gruntbull Anodizing

Thank you for contacting your BBB. Your complaint was received by your BBB on July 28, 2009 and has been assigned case# 42022822in our files. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:
Gruntbull Anodizing
325 West Canal St PO Box 812
Ansonia, OH 45303

The case has been reviewed and has now been forwarded to the business for their response. This business has until August 8, 2009 to respond to your complaint. You may contact our office after August 8, 2009 to check the status of your complaint.

We encourage you to use our ONLINE COMPLAINT system to keep up with the progress of this complaint. To view the details of your case click here.

Sincerely,

Leighann Bayliff

As of yesterday it's on the books :shooting:

FutureMagOwner
07-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Hopefully they send it back before they do anything to it, from what I've been reading about them you're probably better off if they baby sat it for months and sent it back rather than attempting to anodize it.

Frizzle Fry
08-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Well, the body arrived yesterday... Not too bad a splash, but with some significant issues. This took over 40 days, which is much more than the 15-20 I was quoted. Then the marker shows up with a flawed ano job? Not cool.

Pictures to come.

P.S.
I just got an email asking "what's with the BBB complaint?"... I've been emailing and calling these guys for weeks, way to finally answer :rolleyes:

warbeak2099
08-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Seems par for the course with GB. They take over a month to get the job done, don't respond to your attempts at communication, and when they do actually send you your gun back, the anno job is either dirt poor or ridiculously flawed. They don't respect their customers and they don't have any pride in their work.

Lohman446
08-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Has anyone actually ever used the BBB before doing business with anyone? Considering it has no regulatory status and no authority other than to compile information I am amazed by how many people actually care.

luke
08-05-2009, 06:36 PM
This is on going, why does he not have a feedback thread?

Sumthinwicked
08-05-2009, 07:16 PM
i think gba should have a bad annoer sticky thread maybe a review in pbreveiw is needed?

warbeak2099
08-06-2009, 02:18 AM
He's already getting A LOT of bad feedback on PBN, and believe it or not, that site has a major impact on things. I wonder if this enlightenment of possible customers will affect GB's business practices.

FiXeL
08-06-2009, 07:49 PM
The thing that dissapoints me most is that they didnt even took the time to respond on the issue here... I recall a thread they started here in the dealers forum a few years ago, and then they responded frequently. If they are building bad rep on PBN, then my guess is that buisness is not going so well for them... or soon.

BigEvil
08-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Not to make excuses, but it it possible that Ted got deployed? Isnt he him the National Guard? It would explain a lot.

FiXeL
08-06-2009, 08:58 PM
You could be right... One of them was deployed in iraq i think. But the other guy isnt doing much on damage control either. Maybe they had taken in more work than they could handle, and they dropped the ball on quality. I have a GBA annoed gun and it turned out great but it was just one color anno with some parts annoed in another color.

But you cannot ignore all the complaints that are stacking up quite fast... GBA did a good job on my gun, but i would be very reluctant to send in a gun again.

Frizzle Fry
08-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Not to make excuses, but it it possible that Ted got deployed? Isnt he him the National Guard? It would explain a lot.

I spoke with him on the phone the ONE time they picked it up. I've emailed him a lot and back before he had my money he'd even answer me :rolleyes:

Either way, pics soon; taking them now.

Frizzle Fry
08-13-2009, 01:48 AM
Either way, pics soon; taking them now.

Stupid broken camera. Anyone in Massachusetts want to lend me theirs? The public must know of this tragedy!

fsrxc1
08-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Frizzle where in mass are you

Frizzle Fry
08-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Frizzle where in mass are you

Acton. It's near Marlboro/Hudson/Stow/Concord... Usually someone knows at least one of those towns so I always throw'em all out there :D

Just off rte.2 about 10 miles west from the intersection with rte.95/rte.128.

fsrxc1
08-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Yea i know it...i am in haverhill but have lived all over mass at one time or the other

rob123456789
08-14-2009, 01:40 AM
I hope everything works out for you, that's not acceptable to wait that long only to recieve poor work. :mad: I had this Emag done by them in 2007, and they did a great job. I remember at the time everyone was raving about their work, and they were the anodizing company to use. It's sad to see that the company went downhill.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/raab35/100_0980-1.jpg

Frizzle Fry
08-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Yea i know it...i am in haverhill but have lived all over mass at one time or the other

Well, if you're gonna be in the area any time soon send me a message, in the mean time I'm hunting down a coworker with a 14 megapixel camera.