PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro going Full Auto

Demonio
07-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Well, I thought I'd just ask what everyones thoughts area on an RT Pro going Full Auto??

It used to work just fine, then recently starting going Auto when trigger is pulled. The on/off is the same as it was before, it is NOT ULT either. For the heck of it I threw some oil in it and it settled down a bit but then later test confirmed the issue was still there.

advice please- thanks :cheers:

secretweaponevan
07-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Well, I thought I'd just ask what everyones thoughts area on an RT Pro going Full Auto??

It used to work just fine, then recently starting going Auto when trigger is pulled. The on/off is the same as it was before, it is NOT ULT either. For the heck of it I threw some oil in it and it settled down a bit but then later test confirmed the issue was still there.

advice please- thanks :cheers:

On/off top o-ring is probably leaking but also check:
Make sure there is a gap between the back of the trigger and the tip of the trigger rod when the marker is gassed up and on safe.
Check your bolt/sear for wear.
Make sure powertube tip is snug.

Probably more, but I'm tired. Check those first.

Demonio
07-10-2009, 11:22 PM
thanks - I'll take a look at that stuff tonight

Mechanic79
07-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Make sure your field strip screws are tightened properly.
Check your tank pressure and your velocity.

DarkNidan {MWB}
07-12-2009, 12:44 AM
I had a similar problem with my Rt I found out that my regulator on my bottle was bad and was outputting 1200 psi. Repaired my regulator and all was good.

Ando
07-12-2009, 06:33 AM
[QUOTE=DarkNidan I found out that my regulator on my bottle was bad and was outputting 1200 psi. [/QUOTE]
That was a bad thing? :rofl:

Maybe you just broke in your ULT and it needs a adj. Remove one of the shims. See if that fixes it.

Watcher
07-12-2009, 10:39 AM
That was a bad thing? :rofl:

Maybe you just broke in your ULT and it needs a adj. Remove one of the shims. See if that fixes it.

He said he wasn't using a ULT.

Most obvious checks are sear-pin length, tank pressure, velocity, and on/off.

The sear-pin should be about a mm from the back of the trigger with the gun on safe.

Ando
07-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Oil the hell out of it again. One of my X-Valves would do that all the time before I installed a ULT. Only thing that fixed it was dumping oil down the reg.

It was pretty funny when it would happen during a game and is the guns way of telling me it was thirsty. :shooting:

Same thing might be happening to U 2.