PDA

View Full Version : Stacked or inline maxflo?

Tim808
07-11-2009, 07:34 AM
I watched a video of both a stacked and an in-line maxflo being taken apart and put back together.

I'm considering going with the stacked since I wouldn't have to take the manifold off the tank like the in-line when doing maintenance. I'm just not that comfortable with the idea of having to take the manifold off the tank everytime I clean the reg - I've heard stories of people getting hurt by tanks and I'm guessing the tanks weren't reassembled correctly.

I'm actually pretty amazed that the manifold can just be screwed into the tank and that no lock tite is needed.

I've read that the reg needs to be cleaned every 3-4 months.

I'm probably making a mountain out of an ant hill.

Which would you recommend - stacked or in-line maxflo?

Spider-TW
07-11-2009, 09:47 AM
That's a good point I hadn't thought of. I have an inline that I have gotten comfortable with, and yes, they need maintenance eventually. You should be able to play every weekend on a 3-4 month schedule though; they are not that bad.

I will say that wiping them out is as important as adding more grease. Besides reg performance, some of them have trouble with the on/off seal, which I don't know which side of a manifold those are on.

Manifolds tend to be cheaper (at least because they are older).

When they let you RT at pressures that other regs will not even try, you know they have to be fast.