PDA

View Full Version : Grip frames and sear pin length

Watcher
07-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Do the Emag lowers and the shortened sear pin go hand in hand?

If I wanted to use E lowers on a RT rail with a RT Pro valve, can I use the .750 pin already in there or do I need the .725 pin or whatever length it is?

On that matter, I think I remember seeing that the RT Pro needed a .765 pin and mine seems to be a bit longer than a .750. I may be about .755. Is that a problem?
I always heard that a shorter pin means more reactivity, but how short is too short?

.750 seems to be the standard excepting the e-mag, so why is the RTP different?

I never had any problems or bolt wear with it yet, though the pin may have just worn down to where it is now. I just instealled a lvl10, will it find issues there or should it be the .750 pin?

I don't have my RT or a mic right now, but I can post the exact length later today.

Looper
07-12-2009, 09:33 PM
EMag: Pin length 0.712 must be used with a Quad O-Ring

http://www.sealanddesign.com/images/content/quad.jpg

From the above picture you can see that the sealing edge is on the bottom of the o-ring instead of the middle of a normal o-ring. A valve with the EMag pin and a quad o-ring can be used in an RTPro body/rail/grip with no ill effects.

:cheers:

Watcher
07-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I should include this info, my RT valve has only the 1 o-ring top.

Does that effect anything?

Edit: Currently my on/off pin is .751.

Looper
07-13-2009, 06:11 AM
I should include this info, my RT valve has only the 1 o-ring top.
Does that effect anything?
Edit: Currently my on/off pin is .751.Ok, well I can not answer that with any certainty because I have never owned a one o-ring top valve. I can tell you that the quad o-ring only replaces the inside o-ring on a two o-ring top so in theory is should work but...

Can anyone else out there verify this?

07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
I run a quad oring in my classic RT (single oring top) with a .712 pin (and custom fit Emag lowers) and it works great