PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Detents

Ebbed
07-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I’m in the market for some new detents, for my AGD: Tac- One originally I was going to machine a second one on the opposite side but I’d rather go with an improved detent first. I know my marker uses angel threading so no need to point that out. I have been told that kila products “V2” magnetic detents are some of the finest. That being said I can’t find them for sale anywhere… I do however see “E-Mag/X-Mag/TAC-1/ULE Kila Instinct TM” & “Angel LED/LCD/IR3 Kila Instinct TM” on their site I’m not sure which one of these I should order, or if there is a difference between the two. Please respond with your suggestion, the stock detents are for lack of a better word garbage.

chafnerjr
07-12-2009, 07:23 PM
the stock detents are for lack of a better word garbage.
Your quite right, the place to find them is here http://www.kilaproducts.com/store.php?cid=8&sid=35

The detents listed for the mag are the one you want... though I do believe the A1 threaded ones for the angel will be fine as well.

However, I'll contest that stock AGD detents are crap. I've got a priah with dual detents and I've never had an issue. Besides, kila detents (which are quite nice) have to be tuned to suit your need. If that's what you want then cool, have at 'em. I've never had problems with my stock detents and a halo B. Just my 2¢.

maniacmechanic
07-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbed
the stock detents are for lack of a better word garbage.

Your quite right, the place to find them is here http://www.kilaproducts.com/store.php?cid=8&sid=35

The detents listed for the mag are the one you want... though I do believe the A1 threaded ones for the angel will be fine as well.

However, I'll contest that stock AGD detents are crap. I've got a priah with dual detents and I've never had an issue. Besides, kila detents (which are quite nice) have to be tuned to suit your need. If that's what you want then cool, have at 'em. I've never had problems with my stock detents and a halo B. Just my 2¢.

I'll go with chafnerjr on this one , I've been shootin Mags for about 4 years now , bought & sold quite a few & still have quite a few , put thousands of rounds through them & have Never had a detent problem or shot one out the barrel
If you really hate your stock one , check out Rogue's Retents , good detents & come with a rebuild kit

Newt
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Another happy stock detent user here. The delrin ball and spring design is great. Only problem I could see is if chopped paint gets in there and goes gummy.

But seriously, when was the last time a reasonably well tuned modern mag chopped a ball?

SSP REAPER
07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
stock detents are all I use nowadays. I've shot everything out including Retents, kila magnetic, cp, anything angel threaded. The stock ones work really well when installed PROPERLY and will even last years on end and through hundreds of repeated beatings.
just my .02 also. :cheers:

Gas mask
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I've heard from a few people that they were "not too fond" of the killa detents and had to buy replacement stock ones from AGD.

Mechanic79
07-13-2009, 06:02 PM
You shouldn't have trouble with stock detents.
3 stock detents have blown out on me since I've been playing (1997)
I run kila detents on most of my guns.

chafnerjr
07-13-2009, 08:25 PM
wait a second... are we all agreeing here?!?!?!?! :D :D :D

SSP REAPER
07-13-2009, 08:52 PM
yup, first time in a looooooong time :cheers: :headbang: