PDA

View Full Version : T.V repair man needed!!

Smoothice
07-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Anybody know anything about t.v repair?

I have a regular t.v. The big deep heavy kind.

The screen keeps going out. And the only way to get it back working is to give it a few good whacks. The best place to whack it is on the bottom right front corner.

The picture will stay on sometimes for a few minutes sometimes for a few seconds. Then the screen goes out. It then requires a few more good whacks to come back on.

Is she heading to t.v heaven? Or is there something that can be done? I don't mind opening her up if I have an idea what to look for.

Any help would be great :cheers:

vf-xx
07-13-2009, 10:13 AM
TV Heaven.

If it's old school and whacking it is working, well I dunno exactly whats wrong.

I do know that it is VERY dangerous messing around inside CRT's the picture tube can have some very high amounts of static electricity (or some other kind, I'm not an EE).

Army
07-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Cripes! Even I buckled under and bought a new flat screen, after 22 years of reliable TV out of a Sony Trinitron.

Stupid cat managed to pull it off the shelf. Still worked, but with a smoky "halo" around the screen edge.

Toshiba 26", $349 from Best Buy.

Smoothice
07-13-2009, 11:21 AM
The real kicker is we bought an entertainment center that PERFECTLY fit this t.v.

So now we are restricted to the new t.v fitting inside of it :mad:

Which pretty much eliminates any new wide flatscreen type t.v. GRRRRR.

Which is also why I would like to fix this one...

skife
07-13-2009, 04:13 PM
go with a new wide/flat screen tv, you won't be dissapointed.

Smoothice
07-13-2009, 10:41 PM
go with a new wide/flat screen tv, you won't be dissapointed.

The entertainment center is 39 inches wide. So the widest we could go would be a 40 inch t.v. Which don't get me wrong is pretty big.

Good thing I always buy widescreen format dvd's.

Went window shopping at best buy today. They have a 42" for $600. But the cheapest 40" was $800. :mad:

Maybe end of the summer we will get a new t.v. There's always christmas as well.

MANN
07-13-2009, 10:47 PM
The real kicker is we bought an entertainment center that PERFECTLY fit this t.v.

So now we are restricted to the new t.v fitting inside of it :mad:

I know how you feel. I have a solid oad entertainment center sitting in my basement with no TV.

On the upside my plasma mounts nice on the wall.