PDA

View Full Version : Special Ops Paintball...Beware!!!

Stayhuge
07-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Hi everyone,

Thought I would point this out to everyone. Special Ops has been having some horrible problems lately. I ordered almost a month ago. I ordered a Forge vest, which is a 2 piece vest. Well, for starters, they charged me, then about 2 weeks later, I received the front of the vest (Which is completely useless with out the back). Online it continued to say that the order was processing. Now, for those two weeks, I called everyday, 2 times a day for the second week. No answers and no responses for the emails that I sent. I waited another week and continued to call, trying to find out what happened to the other half of the vest. Finally, I got in touch with someone who worked there, through the special ops forum. Seems like this guy MOATI aka Brian, is the only person that is still working there. He tracked my order down, and said that the back was on backorder. He went to the warehouse and had them make me one that day and ship it out. Now this was last Monday, July 5th. I specifically said that I needed the back for this past weekend, for a game Sunday. So what do they do? They send it out UPS ground with scheduled delivery of July 13th. The day after I needed it. Then to top everything off, someone over there messed up my address, and it never got delivered to me. Now I have to try to track it down with UPS and get them to deliver it today. Apparently, I am having a better experience than others, if you could believe that. I suggest that everyone STAY AWAY if possible, for now. I don't know what is going on there, but in my opinion, they have some POOR business practices going on over there. :tard:

[NA]WARLORD
07-14-2009, 05:03 AM
I too had a similar experience a month ago or so. I posted this on PBnation awhile back:

Spec Ops, the company/customer service:

I don't know how many employee's they have, but if you ever have a question about your order, products, etc, they take forever to respond to you. I tried for 3 days to get a hold of them by phone. Left messages, emails, and although, someone responded to the emails, they never really addressed the problems. Their website says they're open Mon - Fri, 9 am - 6pm, MST. Their phone message claims, Mon - Thur 9am - 6pm, MST. Also, their website also doesn't list their current inventory. I had to call and verify each time, prior to ordering to see if things were in stock that said they were out of stock on the site. Spec Ops needs to update their software/website.

Due to a glitch in software, I ended up ordering 4 pairs of pants, instead of 2 ( glad it did, more on that later), causing me to spend more then I wanted in the long run. I immediately called them, Fri morning, to let them know. No answer, nobody working today. I called them back Monday morning, to which I I was told, oh, I'm sorry, your order was processed and already shipped. How is that possible, if nobody works there Fri - Sun ?

Product review:

Fusion Ultralight I & II pants

I went on their website and read a few reviews on their Ultralight line. I then ordered a pair of Fusion UL II's. Those actually fit nice and I highly recommend them. However, they do run about the same size you would wear a pair of jeans with, meaning they are cut smaller. The thing I didn't like about the Fusion UL II's was the lack of a snap/button at the top of the velcro fly and the lack of draw string leg enclosures at the ankle.

Most everyone said the Fusion UL I's were cut big.Since they were on sale, I thought, cool, thats what I need, I'm fat and every little bit helps. I bought 3xl's ( ordered 2, system glitched, ended up ordering 4 ) . Out of the 4 pairs that shipped, only 1 pair actually fit. Also, the pair of Fusion UL I's that fit, had no side cargo pockets, the ones that didn't fit, did.

edit: BTW, the Marauder pants fit awesome and I wear them around the house to lounge in, very comfy.

Fusion Ultralight Jersey

With my first order, I also ordered 2 3xl jerseys. I received 1 jersey and a pair of Marauder pants in a Fusion Ultralight Jersey garment bag. The jersey was a tight fit, unlike the reviews I had read on their website. Also, the sleeves were shorter then advertised as the elbow pads rested comfortably on my triceps (back of upper arm). I called them, got thru, talked to Greg and he shipped me a 4xl at my request. Although tight in the neck, it fit the body like a jersey should and the elbow pads actually were in the right place.

Now, my biggest gripe is the colors. They dont match. The jersey has a darker green and less tan then the pants making the jersey darker in color. Now, since I have already determined the sizes on the UL II's run smaller, I can't actually order a 4xl in the jersey, as they don't offer it.

Spec Ops, if you read this, I will be returning most of this gear. You need to work on consistency, both in your day to day operations as well as the products you offer. I tried on a set of BT's gear at World Cup last year, and it all fit like it should have and it matched. The only reason I went with your gear was to save some money, and I liked the idea of the Ultralight series of clothes. However, your products aren't really geared for the older, rounder out of shape fat guys that still play the game. I'm 43, 6'2" and 300 lbs. I have seen your gear in action at Wayne's World in Ocala, Fl. Got to talk to the guys that had them on, and they swore by them, that was another reason I ordered them. Greg is an awesome guy, but it seems like he is the only one working as he is the only person I have ever talked to on the phone, all the times I have called. He also went above and beyond to make me happy and for that, I thank you. You need to get that man some help. The whole experience, I would rate a 50 out of 100, as it isn't over yet.

update:

They credited my card for the returned items and issued me new pants/jersey in 4xl. The website/forum had reviews and I ordered my gear based on their reviews. I normally wear a 3xl shirt and 2xl pants. They said they were cut big in the reviews, but my experience is they are actually cut smaller. I had to get 4xl pant to go over my thighs and a 4xl jersey just to get the arm padding to fit in the right place. I have since went the BT route and their 3xl's are spot on, actually, a little bigger. I won't be doing business with Spec Ops ever again.

Stayhuge
07-14-2009, 07:36 AM
WARLORD'] I won't be doing business with Spec Ops ever again.

Same here, and I have told all the people that I play with the story, and all of hem are avoiding ordering from them too.

JKR
07-14-2009, 08:53 PM
What a shame. I have dealt with them in the past and had a good experience. It's been a couple of years now, however. Times change and it doesn't sound like things are good over there. The Brigade website has been screwed up for a long, long time and apparently there is no one to fix it. Too bad...I like my vest.

Sumthinwicked
07-14-2009, 08:54 PM
i have a few custom pieces by them nice quality ill still shop them oh the longbow i built has there stuff on it of course :) shame u had bad experience thell prob fix that for yea fyi

p8ntbal4me
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
No one is supposed to charge a credit card prior to the shipping of goods.

Only stipulation that I am aware of to this process would be if you were renting something (I rent heavy equipment and I get charged before the machine is delivered)

Id say that you could put up a fuss about that if you wanted too.

~ P8nt