PDA

View Full Version : How to distinguish what bolt is in marker?

xX TANK Xx
07-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Well, I just acquired my first Automag. :headbang: It's a Classic with the AIR valve, nothing special but a good start. I got it off of ebay and it's on it's way to me. One of the first things I'm looking to upgrade would be the lvl 10 bolt. In saying that, I questioned the owner on the bolt and he wasn't sure what bolt was in it. Is there a way I can distinguish between the bolts when I get it in my hands. I'm not crossing my fingers by any means, but if it already had a lvl 10 bolt that would be gravy. The marker was in perfect working order last time it was used but that was last August. I don't expect any problems out of it, but I'm going to give it a good tear down when I get it after I test it out.

BiNumber3
07-14-2009, 04:33 PM
one way i can think of is to look at the tube inside the bolt, that goes into the powertube, if it's hollow it's lvl 10.
also the lvl 10 powertube tip is a hex tip, whereas older ones are round with 2 notches.

xX TANK Xx
07-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh yeah, that's right. I remember seeing in the maintainence videos on Youtube where Tom used the factory certfied nickel to remove the powertube tip. Thanks for the response.

Flatliner333
07-14-2009, 04:48 PM
If it is a lvl X bolt it will have a shaft that slides inside the power tube... :nono:and the power tube tip will have a hex head. Also ithe bolt will have a rounded bevel in the back and a foamy.If it has a foamy and is hollow and the power tube tip is round with a slit on top it is not.If it is foamyless it might be a lvl 7 bolt. I believe this is correct sorry if not.

Newt
07-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Stick your finger in the breech and fire it. If it comes back bloody, it's not a lvl 10. :D