PDA

View Full Version : 20 bps hyper frame

_Breaker_
07-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Does anyone have advice for trouble shooting a hyper frame

boots up but will not fire, yes it was fully aired up, tried several new batteries, everything else works,

It does not register the trigger pulls, normally say's fire each time trigger is pulled.

Also does not seem to power down correctly the on the LCD you can still see the letters and numbers partially lit

Any ideas?

maniacmechanic
07-15-2009, 11:57 AM
bad ground ? if you still see the LCD after powering down it still is getting current from somewhere , may be a very small amount , but it is still getting a little

Spider-TW
07-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Check with BigEvil if he doesn't spot you first. I think he likes working on hyper frames.

_Breaker_
07-16-2009, 06:42 AM
bad ground ? if you still see the LCD after powering down it still is getting current from somewhere , may be a very small amount , but it is still getting a little

how would one find a bad ground?

i'm thinking it could be the capacitor? trying to source one locally.

Coralis
07-17-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm pretty sure the board is grounded via the mounting screws so you might just need to scrape the anno off where the board touches the frame at the screw holes. One thing i would try as well would be to remove both grip covers and see if the gun will fire then I had to shim my board when I first got it because the board kept shorting out against the frame because of the sloppy soldier work my board came with.