PDA

View Full Version : Centerflag 201 Reg

OPBN
07-15-2009, 08:37 PM
I recently purchased a tank with a CF Hyperflow 201 Regulator. I got the tank rehydroed and took it up to get it filled. After replacing a tank o-ring, I got it back home and cannot seem to get it to work. At first it would not show any pressure. I tried turning the adjusment knob in and out with no effect. After pushing the reg on/off, it finally showed 4k+ in the dial, but stil nothing on the output guage and it definitely isn't putting anything out. I have tried turning the knob in and out again with the reg on, but nada, zip nothing. I do occassionally get a short puff of air when turning it on and off, but nothing else. When I pull the top of the reg off, I do notice that there is nothing protruding through for the piston body to push against to open/close anything. I am assuming this is the problem?

I found something on Warpig that shows how to take it apart, but unfortunately the tank is full. Where do I start? Can I remove a burst disc to empty the tank?

vf-xx
07-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I had this same problem when I got my 'Geddon hydroed. They lost my piston as well.

For replacement pistons you might look up Tasker here (he's got a thread going somewhere about centerflag parts). He may have a line on parts.

That said, if you need to vent your tank, you can do it through your burst disk, but only CRACK it. Don't just pull it all the way off.

Do it slow in controlled amounts so you don't freeze off anything.

OPBN
07-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks. What pisses me off most is the closest place to refill is nearly an hour away... Essentially, I spent two hours driving to and from the place, paid for the fill and now I am going to have to vent it out to tear the reg apart. Not my best day.

vf-xx
07-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Yeah, my fills weren't that far away, but I feel your pain.

Nobody seems to have 'Geddon parts anymore either. I got lucky tho. Tank was gone 1.5 weeks for repair tho. :(

Back now and working tho.

OPBN
07-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Update for anyone that cares. I vented the tank and took off the upper regulator. Apparently the regualator pin was in backwards, thus the reason nothing was sticking through... Guess I will be back on the road tomorrow. sigh.

tasker89
07-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Could have been worse. :p

OPBN
07-15-2009, 09:58 PM
I have multiple things crossed that this was the problem.... Otherswise I am screwed.

OPBN
07-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Wellllll. I got about 1/2 day of good paintball in before something went poof on the reg. It has been working for nearly two weeks just tweaking and testing. I went to play, aired up with no problems, but after about 4 hours of play, air started leaking from the on/off, only from the on position. Should i assume this is most likely some sort of o-ring? If so, are they still available?

stonersr26
07-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Nine times out of ten all you need to do is grease the orings. Because of the design the reg is sensitive to dirty fills and if something gets in there it will vent. Take the orings out, clean them, and grease them up and that should fix it up.