PDA

View Full Version : EMag HES glitch

pisano
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Howdy all,

Just picked up an E-Mag off one of the fellas on here - The HES doesn't seem to be tripping properly.

The magnets are starting to disintegrate and the HES trips the solenoid if it's out of the housing and right close.

Before I start ordering replacement parts would like to know if it's the hall sensor or magnets?

On another topic (purely out of curiosity) is it normal for an emag valve to not fit in a ULE body? the on/off top seems to stick out too much and catches on the body.

Tunaman
07-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Change the magnets first. The HES very rarely goes bad. Something is wrong with the oring setup if the on/off wont go in all the way. Push it harder.

wetwrks
07-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Something is wrong with the oring setup if the on/off wont go in all the way. Push it harder.

If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways. :rofl:

It should fit, press harder. That or take it out and see if you can see why it isn't going in all the way.

pisano
07-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Wow! Fast replies. Thanks!

I've taken the on/off out and apart but can't see anything wrong with it. It's not all brass like I'm used to seeing. The bottom seems to be aluminum(maybe?)

I'll charge up my camera and post some pictures

pisano
07-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Hmm. I've taken it apart again but still can't find anything wrong with it, except that it sits higher than a normal on/off. Seems to work fine in an original Emag body.

Pictures of the assembly and valve are up at www.napisano.net/mag
Sorry about the low quality but I don't have access to a great camera at this time

Thanks!

Watcher
07-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Are you using the black, quad o-ring?

pisano
07-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Yes. The black one