PDA

View Full Version : Proto Mask

Ando
07-16-2009, 09:56 PM
With all the humidity up where I live the glue pad holding the thermal lens pulled away from the front lens and I got ball juice in between them. What's the best way to clean up the thermal lens or will it be best just to get another?

And what's everyone using on their lenses after a game. I was using my own mixture of alcohol and water and it worked very well, I tried a few cleaner sprays but never got the results that i got from my alcohol mixture. I messed up a set of thermals with the mixture before so I'm not going down that road again.

Thanks.

Newt
07-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Actually, I'd move away from the Proto switch platform completely. I had the same problem when I used them. The thermals would separate and fog like crazy, even brand new.

Watcher
07-17-2009, 11:20 AM
I just use water to clean my VForce lenses. Gets them clean as a whistle and I never once had them fog.

Ando
07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Ya..I got a VForce too. The Proto is my backup that I usually lend out.

OPBN
07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
I have a set of Proto Switches and they have been decent for me. I have had one or two fog up situations, but it was so humid, everyone was.... I use water on mine and also spray anti-fog for good measure.