PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 10 Questione(probably simple)

Danielkong916
07-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Hey guys just working on getting my lvl 10 tuned. I am putting it into a Classic valve but for this question that doesn't really matter. :P Anyways took me a while to figure out i need to give little push to get the carrier to seat all the way into the power tube. Now that Ive got it in there is tested it and.... I need to change it w/ a different one. Any preferred methods for getting that sucker out?! I tried a dental pick, chopsticks,..ect :P I mean I realize i could slam it against the desk till it comes out but I am the type of person who makes complicated solutions to simple problems so i figured I would ask before I mess it up! Anyways any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance guys!
-Dan

Watcher
07-17-2009, 11:14 AM
I have a dental pic set that is a little beefier than the average (no flex). That pops it out in a second.

Also, if you are careful, needlenose pliers may get the job done.

If you are going to smack the tip to use inertia to get it out, I recommend hitting it on a WOODEN surface so you don't dent or marr the powertube.

Ando
07-17-2009, 11:53 AM
If your lvl 10 fits snug into your valve, you can use it to pull the carrier out. Remove the tip, slide the bolt down and once you fell it grab, pull it right out. DO NOT bottom the lvl 10 onto the valve or you'll get the carrier stuck in the body of the bolt and basically be in the same situation. If you do get it stuck in the body, just use a swab or whatever you have and push it right out.

If you do it right, it'll be on the back end of the lvl 10. Easy...Simple...Stupid with no worries of destroying your oring :rolleyes:

Spider-TW
07-17-2009, 01:12 PM
You can use the field strip screw. Push the tip in the middle, tilt it a little and pull. The inner diameter of the carrier is not a sealing surface.

We really need one of those plastic, expanding, push-lock mounting pins that is long enough to reach in there.

deathbypaint1213
07-17-2009, 01:26 PM
If you do not have a dental pick laying around, you could use a .050 allen key to remove the carrier.

Tunaman
07-17-2009, 02:35 PM
No dental picks!. Use the field strip screw! Just screw it into the oring and pull. Works every time.

BiNumber3
07-17-2009, 03:07 PM
tuna beat me, the field strip screw does the job quick n easy, just insert, turn a bit n pull.
plus it means no extra tools to keep track of.

theGOLDENchild
07-17-2009, 03:35 PM
I used snap-ring pliers with great success. Picked them up in the sale bin for a couple bucks at napa.

Danielkong916
07-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Amazing as usual guys! I knew there would be a great way of getting it done! Now.... I wonder who the first person to figure this out was ans how many O-Rings they went through b4 they figured it out! Ha thanks again guys always helpful.
-Dan