PDA

View Full Version : Why does my Gun SUCK?? i only posted this 1 once :)

GallagherAtWar
02-01-2002, 03:00 PM
I got an automag 68 witha boa barrel with .688 bore. also i got a crossfire 3000 psi 114ci tank with a remote set up.

My gun sucks i cant hit any thing from 25 or closer

i know not all mags are like this.

What can most ppl hit accurately?

Got any ideas on how to make it more accurater?

my vilocy is like 270

paintballrulzs
02-01-2002, 03:09 PM
ur accuracy is better than mine. Last time i played i could onl;y hit things ina 15 foot range. I am sick of my mag. I think i am going to buy a cocker

Thordic
02-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Three things:

A) Consistency - What are you getting over the chrony? 270 +/- what? If you are getting +/- 6 or better, then you should be ok. If you are getting +/- 20, then you know your setup has some issues. Time to look for dirty seals, damaged seals, check your tank, your reg, etc.

B) Practice - Do you have good aim? 99% of all computer problems are user error, and I have a feeling it applies in paintball too. If you were handed a gun that shot perfectly straight, would you still be able to hit your targets, or would you miss them? It takes a while to get used to shooting paintball guns, especially if you are coming off real guns.

C) High Expectaions - Are you being literal about your 25 feet? Paintball guns do NOT have inherently high accuracy. I would wager that after 75 to 100 feet, accuracy becomes more an issue of volume than skill. You may be expecting too much of your marker to begin with. Paintball guns arent sniper rifles that would hit a target with precision accuracy 300 meters away. Even at close ranges they are occasionally inaccurate. Thats just part of the game, and you have to understand and compensate for that.

Don't be insulted here, I don't know your experience, and I always find that the best way to look at a problem to examine all the angels, including the extreme basics.

Paintchucker
02-01-2002, 05:04 PM
If you have a gun that is not leaking and not breaking paint, and consistantly shoots 270 +/-5 fps, then I find it hard to believe that you can't hit anything...

At 25 feet, you should be able to hit a paper plate size target with good repetition.

At 50-75 feet, you should be able to hit a 2'x 2' or posterboard size target pretty good.

At 125 feet, you should still be able to hit a posterboard size target more than half the time.

Be a little more scientific in your explanation. Saying it "Sucks" may help your frustration, but is not much to go on...

Also, there is an arc effect for paintballs. They are big and traveling pretty slow (compared to a 22 rifle) so you have to lob the balls at far targets...

GallagherAtWar
02-01-2002, 05:04 PM
ok im am a newbie

can u point your gun STRAIT at some thing 100 ft away and hit it? my drops alot or at leat i think be cause i cant relly follow the paint ball like when i shoot it i have no idea how far it went but when i point it at some thing 50 ft away i cant hit it

also i dont think i have good aim but i will cheak

1 thing is that i tryed out some 1's immpy at the feild and it shot so strait then i shoot this and i cant hit it

ronron2112
02-01-2002, 05:06 PM
uhh.. 100ft is a pretty far range for paintball... and 50 is a good range, so if you can hit that, you're pretty much good to go. and no you cant aim directly at somthine 100ft away... i have never tried, but i am doubting it

GallagherAtWar
02-01-2002, 05:18 PM
ok i just went to my room got 5 bigball paintball ant shot a grill from like 30 ft away in a 2 story house and i balenceed it on the cil

i shot aimed shot aim etc

i missed first shoot too high turn the vilocity down shot had it hit but i dont know were tured it up a litte more and shot and i hit. i hit 2 or 3 times out of five while balenceing it on the window cil also i had it directly in my gun with a vert asa

LaW
02-01-2002, 05:19 PM
paintball markers are not meant to be very accurate.... Maybe your expecting too much out of it?

GallagherAtWar
02-01-2002, 06:15 PM
is 30 feet usually accurate for a paint ball gun?

MAGS own YOU
02-01-2002, 06:46 PM
Galliger, use the spell check feature:) :)

GallagherAtWar
02-01-2002, 06:49 PM
takes too longg :)

GallagherAtWar
02-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Could my accuracy have anything to do with my paint being pink proball and bigball thats 30 to 40 days old?

SGTKennedy
02-01-2002, 07:05 PM
yes. if you take care of your paint, rotate it at a decent temp (not hot and not cold)and keep it stored in a airtight bag it should be fine. but i doubt that you did this. just buy some new paint and see what you think.
-kennedy

-Jôker-
02-01-2002, 07:41 PM
its velocity!!!!! not vilocity

velocity= speed and direction of an object or projectile

Nitroduck
02-01-2002, 07:42 PM
Check to see if the paint fits the barrel.

Check to see if theres any paint in the barrel , breach, and powerfeed or feed. I know on any gun I've owned or shot, if you broke a ball, and cleaned the barrel, it might mean nothing if you had a chop.

Having said that, if your gun is shooting good with a good match and consistancy, and your a deacent shot, you should be able to ATLEAST hit a bunker (3' wide by 5' high) 4/5 times when shooting slow.

Army
02-01-2002, 09:18 PM
When you said you turned down the velocity because you shot too high; Did you expect it to fly straight as a laser? It won't.
Re-check the accuracy by again balancing the gun on the window sill, then shoot five more balls, WITHOUT ADJUSTING THE VELOCITY NUT, OR CHANGING YOUR AIM! Note where they land or hit, they should be pretty close together.

I find it hard to believe that YOU can't hit anything, it will be a mechanical problem. Check the barrel for oil, dirt, paint; check your barrel nubbin for correct position/tension; be sure you have fresh paint; practice pulling the trigger smoothly, not wanking on it.

HyperSnyper
02-02-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by paintballrulzs
ur accuracy is better than mine. Last time i played i could onl;y hit things ina 15 foot range. I am sick of my mag. I think i am going to buy a cocker

Maybe rather than getting a Cocker, maybe you should consider prescription glasses...

-Hyper

DaXtremeist
02-02-2002, 08:01 AM
paint to barrel match thats what it is about. find a paint that fits the barrel. if i remmeber correctly i used some field paint nelson and also the lower grade diablo paint and it worked great in my boa snakebite barrel. i could take anyone at to 50 for sure from the backfield and also acuratly hit there backfield. its just the paint to barrel match.

AssassN
02-02-2002, 06:00 PM
MY old SE could hit a dime (almost literally) at like 100ft. It broke about every other ball though so thats y i went to RT

GallagherAtWar
02-02-2002, 07:05 PM
i played to day? i had it at 276 fps and i could hit a plastic flimigo from like 35-40 ft a way.

whats the range till it curves? my curved and like 50 ft.

also my gun leaked at the in it was like comming out the bolt i think ill replace the power tube o ring

and does any body know where to get on/off pins a guy lost his and i wanted to help him out by telling him where to get 1

Cha0tic
02-02-2002, 07:09 PM
i go out back behind my house and shoot the little green electrical boxes. about 1 foot wide and 2-3 feet high. i hit it about 20 times out of 30 shooting about 5-6bps. this is from 40-50 feet away. in my eyes, i think its as good as it will get, which isn't bad at all.