PDA

View Full Version : Gruntbull messed up my anno AND won't fix it

Schultz98
07-17-2009, 04:07 PM
I sent my gun to gruntbull it took over twice as long as they said it would, the gun came back looking NOTHING like what I paid for it to look like. And when I tell him nicley that I was not happy with it he tells me that he will redo it but make me wait the same long time. Then I explain that it was HIS problem that he ruined my anno and wasted MY time and MY money that HE should get my anno done in a more conveinient timespan than the last time and he basicly laughs in my face. So let this be a warningto all of you, gruntbull will just do your order without caring if your happy about it. And if you have a problem they will do nothing to try to make it right..

I ask for a black and blue acid wash like this
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q110/Schultz98/example1.jpg

and this is what I get.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q110/Schultz98/Gruntbullorracle.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q110/Schultz98/Gruntbullorracle001.jpg
He had the gun for over almost 2 months and I would email him once at the end of each week asking for a progress check, he told me EVERY time, "sorry we will probobly get to it next week" and this happend for at least 3 weeks. when I email him about not being happy all he says is "send it back and well redo the anno but youll have to wait the same ammount of time." I think he has to be kidding me. almost 2 months and he expects to make me wait another 2 months and he may screw that one up too. then when I explain that he owes me to finish it quicker after wasting my time all he says is " if feel my offer is more than equitable.". making me wait another month or 2 after waiting almost 2 is not EQUITABLE. He should be redoing the job in a fast time period AND giving me my money back for being such a sarcastic prick to his paying customers

SO think twice before you just throw your money away sending your stuff to Gruntbull they dont give 2 craps about your gun or your expectations. After I let people see the truth about how they treat their customers now he is refusing to fix it at all.. what a bad company. :cuss:

Schultz98
07-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Sorry just subbing so I can get emails about the thread

Smoothice
07-17-2009, 04:11 PM
you are not the only unhappy customer and sadly it doesn't seem that you will be the last...

georgeyew
07-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Hmmmm....there seems to be a pattern here.

Can you do a dispute with your credit card company, if that was your method of payment?

Sumthinwicked
07-17-2009, 04:19 PM
small claims court

Schultz98
07-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I used paypal I am going to try to dispute it if its not late. hopefully I can make them lose enough customers that they will just give me my 120$ back.

Watcher
07-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Just be happy it wasn't a virgin Euro X-mag you sent out.

Well, I can be sure that I'll never use Gruntbull for my anno job.

I wonder who Mike at CCI has do the anno on Phantoms. might want to use that person if ever I wanted one done.

My condolences, another fantastic gun ruined by GB.

Although it is kind of off topic, welcome to AO fellow Model98.Org-er.

Smoothice
07-17-2009, 04:23 PM
$120? You got off cheap...

bunny5
07-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Schultz98: Sorry to hear that Tedd still handles issues like this. Just a friendly word of advice.. I would take out the cussing in the OP. This will insure that this post stays open and many more people will see what gruntbull has done to you.

Welcome to AO :cheers:

Schultz98
07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks everyone, It just so annoying that he would do that seing that ive put over a grand into my orracle building it for the past year and a half just ot have the last part of the process ruined by an uncaring bussiness man such as ted and GBA

Smoothice
07-17-2009, 04:34 PM
I do love the business model.

Step 1: Screw up product.

Step 2: Wrap up something that looks nothing like it should and ship.

Step 3: Offer to redo said mess up at owners shipping expense and offer to do it as slowly as possible.

Step 4: When customer is still upset and voices their disappointment retract offer of redo-ing said screw up.

Step 5: Repeat with next customer.

Schultz98
07-17-2009, 04:37 PM
I do love the business model.

Step 1: Screw up product.

Step 2: Wrap up something that looks nothing like it should and ship.

Step 3: Offer to redo said mess up at owners shipping expense and offer to do it as slowly as possible.

Step 4: When customer is still upset and voices their disappointment retract offer of redo-ing said screw up.

Step 5: Repeat with next customer.
yep that is EXACTLY what happend to me. I dont even want him to redo it at this poiint I want my $ so I can go to a company that DESERVES my business

caylegeorge
07-17-2009, 04:56 PM
That really sucks, and it sucks to be unhappy with the way it turned out.

I dunno though,

He DID offer to re-do it for free.

I mean, yes, it doesnt look like what you asked for, but matching anno is not an exact science. I would be curious to know if when you placed the order that you stressed that you wanted a majority of blue in the acid wash, versus black as it came out... Or if you just left it to their interpritation.

-cAyle

BigEvil
07-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Not that I am at all involved here, but GBA has done MANY jobs for me, including the MOTY SFL that I own.

Not sure what is going on with them, but taking your grievances with them public is probably the worst thing you can do right now and should only be a last resort IMO.

Best of luck getting all of this sorted out.

Sumthinwicked
07-17-2009, 04:57 PM
bazooka joe and thefool here on ao do wonders from what i have seen ;)

Smoothice
07-17-2009, 04:58 PM
ask bunny5 if second try is a charm. ;)

:rofl:

:cry:

Ruler_Mark
07-17-2009, 05:08 PM

BZ and TF care about the guns. Send pics of compelted job BEFORE SHIP, send emails when it gets there of if any delays. Garage job > commercial.

C_losjoker
07-17-2009, 05:21 PM

I tried to email and PM them about some jobs, i never got a respond on any of them.

Sumthinwicked
07-17-2009, 05:42 PM
i think joe is redoing his setup and out of commission atm i could be wrong

Ando
07-17-2009, 05:53 PM
You have 45 days to dispute anything with paypal. Hopefully your still in the window.

bunny5
07-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Schultz98: I would email Ted and ask him for a refund and send the whole marker to another anodizer 125customs or theannosmith. That will guarantee the color match and give you piece of mind knowing that it's in good hands.

I understand how frustrated you are, it is well known that gruntbull did the exact thing to me. They were pretty quick to hand me back my refund so I don't think you have to dispute to paypal :D

Things could be worst...

You could be...

waiting for the TAG Emag Board to be release
waiting for the Logic Ripper EM to come
waiting for RRFireblade to respond to your email
waiting for BEO and Pblegion to work it out
waiting for AGD to release anything
waiting for A-Tach to sell his collection
waiting for a Devilmag
waiting for your G-Force part
waiting for pie
waiting for me to win a MoTM

..... you get the point :D

Schultz98
07-17-2009, 06:28 PM
That really sucks, and it sucks to be unhappy with the way it turned out.

I dunno though,

He DID offer to re-do it for free.

I mean, yes, it doesnt look like what you asked for, but matching anno is not an exact science. I would be curious to know if when you placed the order that you stressed that you wanted a majority of blue in the acid wash, versus black as it came out... Or if you just left it to their interpritation.

-cAyle

I basicly asked them to make it look close so the picture of the ego. I wasnt expecting it to look exactly like it, but you cant even see the blue without really getting close to it with like a light directly on the gun.

Schultz98: I would email Ted and ask him for a refund and send the whole marker to another anodizer 125customs or theannosmith. That will guarantee the color match and give you piece of mind knowing that it's in good hands.

I understand how frustrated you are, it is well known that gruntbull did the exact thing to me. They were pretty quick to hand me back my refund so I don't think you have to dispute to paypal :D

Things could be worst...

You could be...

waiting for the TAG Emag Board to be release
waiting for the Logic Ripper EM to come
waiting for RRFireblade to respond to your email
waiting for BEO and Pblegion to work it out
waiting for AGD to release anything
waiting for A-Tach to sell his collection
waiting for a Devilmag
waiting for your G-Force part
waiting for pie

I did ask him, and thats where I am now. I hear they are alot different now than they used to be

Not that I am at all involved here, but GBA has done MANY jobs for me, including the MOTY SFL that I own.

Not sure what is going on with them, but taking your grievances with them public is probably the worst thing you can do right now and should only be a last resort IMO.

Best of luck getting all of this sorted out.
This is the last resort. I asked him very nicley at first to fix my gun and to do it in a timley fashion, then I sent an angry but non insulting email that I basicly demand he fix my gun and not make me wait 2 months again, then the angry and curse filled email and this. It really was the last stray really. he screwed me over from the minute he got it. Every time I aksed him what the status was he would say next week. and I didnt send him emails like every day, it would be once a week.

mostpeople
07-17-2009, 07:24 PM
I went with thefool for my anno on my 1st Highlander Excal. He did an excellent job on it, and I would recommend him. He sent me pics before he shipped, and it came out exactly as I had desired.

04 Highlander Excal 56k NO (http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1807/dscn0073x.jpg)

Schultz98
07-17-2009, 07:27 PM
I went with thefool for my anno on my 1st Highlander Excal. He did an excellent job on it, and I would recommend him. He sent me pics before he shipped, and it came out exactly as I had desired.

04 Highlander Excal 56k NO (http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1807/dscn0073x.jpg)
very nice man, thank you to all of you for being so supportive aobut this. I am right now getting a few quotes so we will see what happens. At this point I dont even want my $ or gun redone. I just want to spread the word about GBA screwing people over. I am just gunna send my gun off to a better faster annodizer maybe even within the week and have them do it RIGHT this time. Again thanks everyone for being supportive and helpful it really means alot to me.

LK-13
07-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Schultz98:
You could be...

waiting for your G-Force part :rofl: :rofl:
waiting for pie

well hopefully the nice shiny parts I polished for you will help with the MOTM thing...
(shipped last Monday morning BTW. ya, my bad missed the last pick up on Friday..)

Dark Side
07-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Just be happy it wasn't a virgin Euro X-mag you sent out.

Well, I can be sure that I'll never use Gruntbull for my anno job.

I was going to say the same. GB was great when they first came out. What happened?

Schultz98
07-17-2009, 10:36 PM
idk man I just dont get it. I went with them over 125 the first time cause I heard they were that good. now Ironicly 125 is gunna clean up their mess most likely. either that or Kohns cause he seemed pretty willing to help me out, he wanted to call me earlier to talk about it.

neppo1345
07-18-2009, 01:16 AM
This seems to be a common trend with them lately, anyone know what happened? Too large of a backlog to keep up quality, or just enough of a backlog to not give a darn?

Schultz98
07-18-2009, 01:19 AM
This seems to be a common trend with them lately, anyone know what happened? Too large of a backlog to keep up quality, or just enough of a backlog to not give a darn?
I think #2 seeing that he isnt going to do anything to fix it even though he knows I am going to do all in my power to ruin his reputation for taking bad care of his customers.

mostpeople
07-18-2009, 01:35 AM
*waits for obligatory "stop trashing my companies' reputation" post by GBA*

minimag03
07-18-2009, 02:00 AM
That looks like a bad picture of a blue acid wash. You cocker might be a little darker than your example pic, but the ego looks like it has more purple than a standard "blue acidwash".

And you cannot expect him to place your order in front of his work line. That would be unfair to the other people whom have waited just as long as you did in the first place.

Sounds like a simple miscommunication. Good luck with getting it redone.

punkncat
07-18-2009, 09:46 AM
It is hard to tell from the pics, but there does seem to be some bit of acid wash in your body.

Although it may not be done the way you envisioned it, it still looks pretty damn good to me overall. All the parts are at the least matching!

Personally, given all the grief, I would put it together, shoot the hell out of it, and IF I still had it in a year or two (which I know I wouldn't cause I am a whore) when it was scratched up a bit, I might consider looking for someone else to do the work.

Apparently good PB anno providers are falling by the wayside and fast.

tbaggin
07-18-2009, 06:09 PM
reading this thread prevented me from using them to anno my Xmag.

Lohman446
07-18-2009, 07:37 PM
To play devils advocate your indignation is likely related to the thread title. You have the impression they will not fix it - in reality they will. Its simply they will not do it to your time table or with them paying shipping. While I agree an argument could be made (and should be made) that you should be given priority in placement I think that you might be being slightly petty insisting they pay the shipping. It is after all a very minimal expense.

georgeyew
07-18-2009, 07:53 PM
I think that you might be being slightly petty insisting they pay the shipping. It is after all a very minimal expense.

Then GB should be able to afford it.

Don't anno places take pictures anymore, just to make sure that the jobs turn out as expected?? Come on, how hard is that to do?

Ando
07-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Then GB should be able to afford it.

Don't anno places take pictures anymore, just to make sure that the jobs turn out as expected?? Come on, how hard is that to do?

/agree

i8pie2day
07-18-2009, 08:14 PM
ok again like said 3 posts above im gonna kinda be the devils advocate....

1: CUSTOM WILL NEVER FIT YOUR TIMETABLE!!!!

2: he actually DID do what you asked him... he gave you a blue acid wash that is "similar" to the picture.... your word was SIMILAR not EXACT or AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE

3: it looks pretty damn nice...

4: i think you need better pictures to make it clearer... because 1 the first pic looks all black where as the second one has blue... dont people take good pics these days? (reference to 2 posts above :p)

Stayhuge
07-19-2009, 10:21 AM
One side looks like it is all black (the pic of just the body) and the other side looks like it is more of a black, with a little blue in it. Personally, I think that the anno looks pretty good, but will agree that it is not exactly like the ego pics. I would just try to get some of your money back, play with it the way it is, and if you really don't like it, get it redone by a place like 125. I found a local place in NY that does anno. I am going there to discuss my options and what they can do. The guy on the phone seemed pretty good and said that they can do a PB gun. He also said that it would only take a few days. I guess things have been pretty slow for them. Might be another option for you depending on what is near you. Also, when you can get in your car and drive to them, there is little chance of miscommunication. Hope everything works out for you. Personally, I gave up on Gruntbull after the Bunny5 incident (Sorry Bunny :( )

Lohman446
07-19-2009, 11:15 AM
However, most custom things, especially paint (or anno) related are going to be different in your minds eye and someone elses. Even given pictures it would be nearly impossible to match dead on. There is no way to know what formula someone followed to get a certain color anno, or a certain effect. Being given a picture and told "match this" is a near impossible undertaking (at least at the prices we pay).

I mean, there is an awesome phantom anno job over on PBN but the owner wants too much (IMO) for the marker. I doubt I could get the anno duplicated exactly though.

Anno is a blending of science and art, and matching is not always possible.

Ruler_Mark
07-19-2009, 11:52 AM
However, most custom things, especially paint (or anno) related are going to be different in your minds eye and someone elses. Even given pictures it would be nearly impossible to match dead on. There is no way to know what formula someone followed to get a certain color anno, or a certain effect. Being given a picture and told "match this" is a near impossible undertaking (at least at the prices we pay).

I mean, there is an awesome phantom anno job over on PBN but the owner wants too much (IMO) for the marker. I doubt I could get the anno duplicated exactly though.

Anno is a blending of science and art, and matching is not always possible.

Gruntbull did the gun in the example pic.

Lohman446
07-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Gruntbull did the gun in the example pic.

Lets say that I don't think that the first picture is a remarkably good job. Nor do I think its as bad as the OP would have us beleive.

I do think that a lot of people expect far more from an anno job than they are likely to get. I don't think they really understand how imprecise of a project it can be, especially on the scale its done at for PB.

Watcher
07-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Well, what I get from the pics is not so much of an acid-wash as it is just blue "streaky".

And the first pic, whether by light or by angle or by actual look, appears all black.
The anno probably isn't even side-to-side.

Ruler_Mark
07-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Im sorry that you really feel that way watcher but you must get your eyes checked.

Lohman446, some things arent as hard as they make you think it is.

Watcher
07-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Im sorry that you really feel that way watcher but you must get your eyes checked.

Already have, 20/20 :wow:

vf-xx
07-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Well, what I get from the pics is not so much of an acid-wash as it is just blue "streaky".

And the first pic, whether by light or by angle or by actual look, appears all black.
The anno probably isn't even side-to-side.

Gotta agree with you there. Can see blue highlights in the 2nd pict, but the first picture looks black.

That said, there are somethings that are really hard to photograph well.

And before any repetion happens here, I had lasik this year. I know full well my eyes are 100%. ;)

mostpeople
07-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Looks like someone took a blue marker and drew lines onto the thing lulz

kurtisqpublic
07-21-2009, 06:52 AM
I don't know. On my laptop the ano looked horrible. Now, when viewing it from my desktop, the second pic looks really good. I'd be happy with that. Sure there is a bit more black than the sample photo but I think it's acceptable.

skife
07-21-2009, 10:25 AM
anyone else realise that the OP has only 9 posts. all of wich are in this thread.

he signed up to this forum just to trash on someone's business probably with the threat "if you don't fix my stuff the way i want it first then i'll tell EVERYONE you do bad business"

/ban him.

Watcher
07-21-2009, 11:01 AM
anyone else realise that the OP has only 9 posts. all of wich are in this thread.

he signed up to this forum just to trash on someone's business probably with the threat "if you don't fix my stuff the way i want it first then i'll tell EVERYONE you do bad business"

/ban him.

You'll also notice his join date was months ago...

I doubt he'd be on here 1/3 of a year just waiting to bash a company. Probably a lurker that just decided to post up an experience that was similar to others'.

Hell, I've done that before. I've been on SpecOps for months before I posted.
I've even joined forums simply to buy items, but missed out on them at the last minute.
How can you say he didn't make an account for his own reasons?

vf-xx
07-21-2009, 11:05 AM

/ban him.

Even if this is true, which I don't know.

Why would it be a banning offense? If he's honestly tried to resolve it directly to begin with, why shouldn't he be allowed to express his issues with it?

Ando
07-21-2009, 11:31 AM
I believe it's more along the lines of him looking out for the PB community and spreading the word that a company isn't living up to the agreement agreed upon.

From reading everyone's comments, it's not the fist time Gruntbulls done sub part work. Unlike pbreview.com where you can see and rate all sorts of gear, there's no system installed to rate businesses like Gruntbulla or say machine shops like Lukes and Tunas...It's all done through word of mouth and forums which he's properly doing.

So he's not a long standing member of AO. That doesn't mean he should be tar/feathered and banned cause he's bad mouthing a company. It's a free world, voice your opinions. What this all boils down to is him putting the word out about a company and doesn't want anyone else to fall victim. I see no problem with it.

If for example you send a body to get one of Luke's badass SS mods done (which I will be here very soon) and he screws the pooch and won't fix it...Wouldn't you be a little ticked off? I sure would be. The only difference is our community has a feedback system installed. If he's constantly getting slammed by everyone, well there goes his golden goose and he's pretty much done here.

punkncat
07-21-2009, 12:10 PM
I will go out on a limb here for a second.

I don't do anno, but just what I know of the process there are a lot of things outside specific control. For instance, you have no control over how a single shade will look on different types of aluminum...different hardness and such. It would seem to my uneducated pov that the acid wash process itself is kind of outside complete control as well. As I say, I don't know the process...but my thoughts would be you prep it a certain way, do what you can do, and when it hits the bath (whatever) that things are a bit more out of your control at that point.

As far as the OP is concerned...he got an acid wash that was much more predominately black than blue..which he was looking for. All in all it remains a really good quality anno, with no blems, and that match quite well between the seperate parts.
Considering that every person has a different vision or view, even as relating to the same reference piece. It is really hard to get something perfect for you, when someone else is doing it. The only saying "you want it done right".....
Well in this case the OP can't do anno, and relied on another company with a known reputation for doing good work, which this is, just not EXACTLY as the OP wanted it. We all know how hard anno matching is anyway...but they still said they would fix it free of charge, just on the end of the work they have in.

I personally see no problem here. They did what they could, and are offering to make it right for free, just a bit more time. If it is absolutely that important, then the wait should be nothing. I have a feeling no matter what they do there will be no satisfaction.

joelbird
07-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Schultz98: I would email Ted and ask him for a refund and send the whole marker to another anodizer 125customs or theannosmith. That will guarantee the color match and give you piece of mind knowing that it's in good hands. :D

i jumped at the idea of these two anodizers and the anno smith's homepage just posted this

Closing our doors

If you're already in contact with me I will continue to work with you

I was gathering up my pieces to get a quote and now i need to check out the other one.

Ruler_Mark
07-21-2009, 03:47 PM
i jumped at the idea of these two anodizers and the anno smith's homepage just posted this

Closing our doors

If you're already in contact with me I will continue to work with you

I was gathering up my pieces to get a quote and now i need to check out the other one.

I think im teh last person to get something done at TAS

bunny5
07-21-2009, 04:06 PM

lol... i just submitted my form yesterday.. biohazard here i come :shooting:

bad press = still get customers
good press = too much business, have to shut down the shop :tard:

Smoothice
07-21-2009, 04:40 PM
I personally see no problem here. They did what they could, and are offering to make it right for free, just a bit more time. If it is absolutely that important, then the wait should be nothing. I have a feeling no matter what they do there will be no satisfaction.

Then you are an anno companies wet dream.

Actually you are any service providers wet dream.

Carpets still look dirty? Well we tried.
Car still doesn't run right? Well we tried.
Leg is still infected? Well we tried.
Toilet still leaks? Well we tried.

Ruler_Mark
07-21-2009, 04:59 PM
lol... i just submitted my form yesterday.. biohazard here i come :shooting:

bad press = still get customers
good press = too much business, have to shut down the shop :tard:

haha, im doing bio hazard too what is your splash color? i first said red but the blue grew on me so im sitting at blue for now

punkncat
07-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Then you are an anno companies wet dream.

Actually you are any service providers wet dream.

Carpets still look dirty? Well we tried.
Car still doesn't run right? Well we tried.
Leg is still infected? Well we tried.
Toilet still leaks? Well we tried.

Mmm, think you might be missing the point.

It wasn't like the carpets were left dirty. No, someone else's interpretation on the outcome of a variable process did not come out EXACTLY as the OP wanted. And unlike the title of the thread leads you to believe, the anno'er offered to try again. Simply at the back of the que like all incoming work.

I have seen a poor result from said anno'er in that Xmag debacle. This was not poorly done work, it just didn't exactly match said pictured example. All of the cockers parts that were done were nice, glossy, and matching to one another.

maniacmechanic
07-21-2009, 06:43 PM

I just put 2 E Mag battery boxes in the mail Monday ??

skife
07-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Mmm, think you might be missing the point.

It wasn't like the carpets were left dirty. No, someone else's interpretation on the outcome of a variable process did not come out EXACTLY as the OP wanted. And unlike the title of the thread leads you to believe, the anno'er offered to try again. Simply at the back of the que like all incoming work.

I have seen a poor result from said anno'er in that Xmag debacle. This was not poorly done work, it just didn't exactly match said pictured example. All of the cockers parts that were done were nice, glossy, and matching to one another.

compleatly agree with you.

Frizzle Fry
07-22-2009, 01:05 AM
1: CUSTOM WILL NEVER FIT YOUR TIMETABLE!!!!

GBA quotes you 15-20 day turnaround from the date of arrival, unless you pay even MORE for expedited service. I am currently waiting for my marker (which should have been done weeks ago) to be started... When create a contract with them, that 15-20 days is a part of it; a part they don't live up to.

Besides, acid washes aren't "custom"; they're common and relatively easy. THEY QUOTE 15-20 DAYS!

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2646999#post2646999

2: he actually DID do what you asked him... he gave you a blue acid wash that is "similar" to the picture.... your word was SIMILAR not EXACT or AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE

It's not even close to the picture. It looks mostly black with some very very dark blue veins that are barely visible... The only thing they share in common is that there is some blue and some black on each; a child could do that.

3: it looks pretty damn nice...

It looks like crap compared to the example he gave them, honestly. It would almost look bettert in a solid color; that's how messed up that wash is.

4: i think you need better pictures to make it clearer... because 1 the first pic looks all black where as the second one has blue... dont people take good pics these days? (reference to 2 posts above :p)

I think you missed the point; those are good pictures, the anno job is messed up. :rolleyes:

i8pie2day
07-22-2009, 02:13 AM
ok well you legitimately shot down 1... maybe 2 of my arguments.... you got 3 semi-right... yes it looks like crap compared to the first one... but again HE DIDNT SAY HE WANTED A MATCH!!!! he said he wanted a blue/black acid wash... (which the original picture wasnt really an acid wash... more of stripe-like things...) and he got a blue/black acid wash... was it what he pictured? NO... was it what he described... in a sense yes....

AND WAS THAT ACID WASH FACTORY? no? THEN ITS CUSTOM.... just cause its fairly easy and common doesnt mean its not custom....

and i really think it looks good, and those pics arent in great lighting....

Ando
07-22-2009, 08:40 AM
ok well you legitimately shot down 1... maybe 2 of my arguments.... you got 3 semi-right... yes it looks like crap compared to the first one... but again HE DIDNT SAY HE WANTED A MATCH!!!! he said he wanted a blue/black acid wash... (which the original picture wasnt really an acid wash... more of stripe-like things...) and he got a blue/black acid wash... was it what he pictured? NO... was it what he described... in a sense yes....

AND WAS THAT ACID WASH FACTORY? no? THEN ITS CUSTOM.... just cause its fairly easy and common doesnt mean its not custom....

and i really think it looks good, and those pics arent in great lighting....

WTF :confused: Open your eyes and look at the PICTURE again. The original pic is a ACID WASH!!!
...And I'm willing to bet everyone else will back me up on that. :rofl:

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck then it must be a cow right :confused:

in a sense yes.
Contradict yourself much???

Seriously. I got some ocean front property in Kansas I would love to sale you.

Edit:

AND WAS THAT ACID WASH FACTORY? no? THEN ITS CUSTOM.... just cause its fairly easy and common doesn't mean its not custom....
Unless they made some kind of acid wash rubber stamp. Any kind of acid wash, even if it came out of a factory or not is a custom job. You show me 2 acid washes are 100% identical and I'll eat my words. What the guy got was streaks not a acid wash and the ano guy would have told him he was off is rocker if he said he wanted it to look just like the gun in the pic. All he wanted was it to come close and Gruntbull failed miserably....

But seriously...About that property, it's still up for sale :rolleyes:

skife
07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
1st.
acid wash IS custom, it didn't come from the factory that way, so it IS custom.

2nd.
with custom work, there is a LONG turnaround time, espically with small shops, this is general knowledge in the paintball community. even with a quoted turnaround time, nothing is ever set in stone with time.

3rd. the guy took a crappy pic of his anno with a bad camera. you all should want to see a better pic of the maker before you go and make judgement.

both pictures the guy took we're in the shade and one of them was blurry.
where as the stock picture he used wasn't in the shade or blurry.

so tell me where you make judgement saying they don't look anything alike if the guy cant even take a proper picture.

i8pie2day
07-22-2009, 01:21 PM
WTF :confused: Open your eyes and look at the PICTURE again. The original pic is a ACID WASH!!!
...And I'm willing to bet everyone else will back me up on that. :rofl:

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck then it must be a cow right :confused:

Contradict yourself much???

Seriously. I got some ocean front property in Kansas I would love to sale you.

Edit:

Unless they made some kind of acid wash rubber stamp. Any kind of acid wash, even if it came out of a factory or not is a custom job. You show me 2 acid washes are 100% identical and I'll eat my words. What the guy got was streaks not a acid wash and the ano guy would have told him he was off is rocker if he said he wanted it to look just like the gun in the pic. All he wanted was it to come close and Gruntbull failed miserably....

But seriously...About that property, it's still up for sale :rolleyes:

ok seriously i dont know if your arguing for me or against me.... and how much for that property... i am looking for some ocean front... theres not enough of it in hawaii....

1st bold: YES HOW DID YOU KNOW.... but since i know the statement is "... it must be a duck" then if you put that im going to say not really.... you forgot about CGI... QUACK QUACK

2nd bold: no im not contradicting myself but i could have said it better... i meant that he said he wanted a blue acid wash. he got one. was it what was in the picture (also that would be the picture in his mind). NO. was it what he said he wanted ( a blue/black acid wash). YES...

JesseB
07-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Looks like crap.... Shouldn't someone at Gruntbull QC their work before it goes out the door? Like look at the pic and look at the gun then say oh wait that looks nothing similar lets redo it and call the guy.

georgeyew
07-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Shouldn't someone at Gruntbull QC their work before it goes out the door? Like look at the pic and look at the gun then say oh wait that looks nothing similar lets redo it and call the guy.

AMEN to that!!

skife
07-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Looks like crap....

so uhh, how can you tell with the CRAPPY pictures?

maniacmechanic
07-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Just because it's Custom blah , blah , blah , blah

Now i'm just a stupid mechanic but , IIRC a "acid wash " anno when done randomly is very easy as compared to a specificly patterened acid wash , and is done directly after the first layer of anno , so it only takes a little more time , prep time is the same , finish time is the same , I bet a guy that does anno day in day out could probley do the acid wash in less than an hour ( add that to basic 1 color anno time ) , so the time for "custom" work don't fit IMO , if it was a 3 or 4 color digital , than work time goes up

Anno work is tricky , you can do the same thing twice & get different results
The one custom annoed gun I have , when I gave it to the annoer I said " tiger stripe " what I envisioned & what I got back were two different things , It looks great , more than I expected

As for his place in line for the 2nd time around ( don't matter at this point ) I think he should go to the front of the line Or close to it

I agree with others , the pic's the OP put up are no good , If he is going to compare the 2 jobs he needs Quality pic's

I think the big problem is the way gruntbull is handling the "problem" , it seems to me like they really don't care if they get the paintball work or not

MY 2 cents

georgeyew
07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I think the big problem is the way gruntbull is handling the "problem" , it seems to me like they really don't care if they get the paintball work or not

Well, he has already been paid. He's not losing anything....except his reputation.

I think that service-based businesses should be like restaurants: eat first, make sure the food/service is good, then pay.

i8pie2day
07-22-2009, 11:45 PM
so would you walk into a book store, read the whole book then decide if you want to buy it or not? it doesnt exactly work that way....

Beemer
07-23-2009, 01:40 AM
Here is the question for all you folks that posted in this thread. If you had something that needed Ano would you consider or send the work to GBA?
I wouldnt and I wouldnt recommend them to anyone who was looking for an Ano.

See this link on first page. http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2646999#post2646999 Not to mention others.

Someone else[Bunny :D ] made a Thread on this but it didnt seem to help. :(

Go make a Thread about how unhappy you are with AGD on a sale. Or any other GOOD PB Company OR DEALER that cares. Oh wait you wont have to. AS soon as you mail or call they will do what it takes to make you happy.

Guess I got spoiled for old school CS. All I know is if you ever have a problem with AGD and feel the need to make a thread about it, never mind, it gets made right before that happens. :clap:

Frizzle Fry
07-23-2009, 06:34 AM
What they're doing to me:
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2646999#post2646999

What they're doing to Tip98ChopShop:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3146951

What they're doing to Jay Slay:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3140873

What they did to WarWitch:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2608915

What they did to Bunny5:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=237472

What they did to Bunny5 the 2nd time they tried...
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=237800

What they did to Bunny5s trigger:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=237472&page=1&pp=30

What they did to Lasrsktr:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2586027&postcount=17

What they did to Strobe:
http://www2.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2602348

What they did to FiXel:
http://automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2645002&postcount=13

The fact is that fades and acid washes are simple... Tons of acid washed phantoms come out of the factories every year, with similar patterns and quality work done. Almost every major high or low end marker is available in a fade; sometimes up to 5 colors! They don't always look "the same" but GBA has proved that they can't do "close" or even "similar".

IF YOU CAN'T PERFORM A SERVICE, DON'T ADVERTISE IT!

ESPECIALLY DON'T GIVE QUOTES AND ACCEPT ITEMS + $ FOR SERVICES YOU CAN'T PERFORM!

You're right; any non-stock ano is custom... So's a spray paint can. That said, fades and washes are not "Custom Anodizing" in the sense that they are difficult, uncommon, or expensive. Sponge patterns, 3+ color washes, 3+ color fades and lazer ingraving are what most companies refer to as "custom" or "special" work. "Custom Anodizing" is asking an anodizer for something that's not on their pricing list or doesn't get done often. Asking for an engraving, an image, a tattoo, a complex pattern, etc. That's what "Custom" is in the world of anodizing.

You're right; his "marker" is now "custom" because it has a non-factory ano job. It's "ano job" is not "custom" because it would have been a piece of cake for 125 Customs, Acid Rain PB, A+ Anodizing, ODD Paintball or PB4L who could have banged out in two weeks looking GOOD.

To those with brown noses*; try using Google (or Bing?) as it comes up with some VERY interesting complaints and horror stories including my own and some from people in this thread and on this site. Oddly enough Google has links to feedback threads on PBN with quotes like "he screwed up" and "never recieved" and "no refund" but for some reason those feedback posts are missing.... They must be cached from before GBA and their fanboys bullied the moderators into deleting them and banning the wronged and disgruntled "respected, paying customers". THAT HAS HAPPENED; I've been in touch with 3.

Here's some "good PBN moderating" done to Bunny5s thread over there:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2586199&postcount=45

Or an example of how these things get swept under the carpet:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2586254&postcount=61

Why "Todd 'n Tedd" have been messing up, apparently:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2586303&postcount=72

SO WHAT if the original poster to "bad pictures". Maybe he can't afford a good camera or maybe he didn't have an ideal setting... The pictures are good enough to show that his marker is not even close to the pattern and style he requested. Nitpicking over whether he said "like this pattern" or "like this style" in the OP doesn't mean anything! None of you GBA fanboys have seen the order sheet; none of you have seen the emails between them discussing pricing and details. What you have seen is a marker with a crappy ano that was supposed to be a good ano and cost a lot of money. You've also seen a company with crappy customer service who doesn't live up to the quality or speed of turn-around that they promise. What you've seen is TONS of threads about screwups and 'mulligans' and more screwups.

*Actually, you wanted yellow, but they matched it "the best they could" for $200

georgeyew
07-23-2009, 10:01 AM
so would you walk into a book store, read the whole book then decide if you want to buy it or not? it doesnt exactly work that way....

You could do that at Borders if you want to spend 10 hours reading. They won't stop you. But I said service-based. A book store is merchandise-based.

Wait, when you paint a car, you pay when the car is done and you've inspected it. Why not a marker?

bunny5
07-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Frizzle: Just to make it clear, I deleted my pbnation thread to not stir up more crap about gruntbull. I was taking into consideration that they would be able to help fix the issue so I gave them a chance before I "tarnished" their name. lol

Other then that, i agree with what you say...

Frizzle Fry
07-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Frizzle: Just to make it clear, I deleted my pbnation thread to not stir up more crap about gruntbull. I was taking into consideration that they would be able to help fix the issue so I gave them a chance before I "tarnished" their name. lol

Other then that, i agree with what you say...

Thanks for clarifying. I did not know that. That said, every thread that gets deleted elsewhere (other than PBN which is frankly not worth much) puts more consumers in the evil grasp of Todd and Ted or whatever the hell their names are, so I hope you don't delete any of the threads here!

bunny5
07-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Seeing Beemers post in the other thread , I don't think we will have to worry about it any of these threads getting deleted. Just make sure you don't break any of AO's rules and u'll be fine.

Thinking of it, my original website... www.pbpixels.com was going to be a website about paintball anodizing, where people would have a place to post pictures of their finished guns and to saw if they had a positive or negative experience. What had turned me off of working on it was that I would have to put up with alot of pbnation kind of posters and lost interest in it. I still think it would be a good idea with some type of anodizing review site to know the good or bad side of companies.

Hopefully everything will turn out well for you.. :cheers:

i8pie2day
07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Frizzle so if i go to a car shop and tell him i want the numbers 1-100000000 painted on my car, and he misses number 5, should i get all pissy on him because "the other guy can do it so it must be simple?"

also you said "so what if he has crappy pictures?" ok well what if the lighting changes the color, or that it isnt close to the true color. IM NOT SAYING GRUNTBULL DIDNT SCREW UP... THEY DID!!!! im also not a fan boy of them because they overcharge and yes ive seen all the horror stories.... i am now discouraged from using them.... and i whole-heartedly agree with you in saying that if you cant follow through, then dont advertise it... all im saying is that the OP is misleading us by saying they wont fix it.... where in fact, he wont let them fix it..... and im not a GBA fanboy i just want the truth to be told in an unbiased way.... yeah it was a simple job. GBA screwed him over.... but offered to fix it where as the title says "Gruntbull messed up my anno AND won't fix it."

also i believe that saying its not even close is way off.... it is close in the sense that it was a blue/black acid wash (again back to "i need better pictures to tell") though i agree it was a poorly done acidwash it is still an acid wash....

Miltonyz
07-23-2009, 04:06 PM
also i take your "brown/yellow nose" comment offensive because being yellow refers to being asian and im asian and i consider that very offensive....

No it doesn't and you are wrong. Brown nose is a common phrase for someone that is a sycophant. The asterisks to the footnote is obviously meant to be a joke about the anodizer not being able to color match despite charging high prices. Any racism requires a torturous stretching of intent.

[NA]WARLORD
07-23-2009, 04:19 PM
also i take your "brown/yellow nose" comment offensive because being yellow refers to being asian and im asian and i consider that very offensive....

Brown nosing refers to be a butt kisser, ex: That guy kiss so much butt, his nose is turning brown " not racial in anyway shape or form.

Yellow was used to reference a color at the very bottom of the context. However, being "yellow" could be a reference to being called a coward, no race issues were in the entire thread, let alone Frizzle's post. Quit jumping to conclusions and trying to turn this into a political agenda, no where in this entire rant of a thread was race brought into this until you brought it up.

I used to like GB's work in the past, but I see as of most things paintball related, nothing good seems to stick around very long. Carry on gentleman :hail:

edit: I agree, the pictures aren't very clear, due to being too much shadowing on them ( makes them look darker ), however, I also agree, it doesn't look like what he hoped he was getting.

i8pie2day
07-23-2009, 04:37 PM
ok sorry i was tired and grumpy at the time... and i took that way to offensively...

Watcher
07-23-2009, 05:50 PM
1st.
acid wash IS custom, it didn't come from the factory that way, so it IS custom.

2nd.
with custom work, there is a LONG turnaround time, espically with small shops, this is general knowledge in the paintball community. even with a quoted turnaround time, nothing is ever set in stone with time.

Please, that is like saying getting your car sprayed red is custom, because out of the factory it is only either green, blue, or yellow. Many Phantom's have Acids out the factory, if I wanted to re-anno in a different color acid that would be custom work? I don't think so.

Something simple like an acid is not custom, green to black fade with silver splash IS something that would be custom.

Secondly, it wasn't necessarily the fact that the turnaround time was long (longer than advertised) but that GB neglected to call or E-mail the client stating that he is experiencing delays and it might take longer.
Is it too much to ask for a status report, or to even answer a customer's inquiries of their own property?

When my bike was in the shop getting new tubeless tires and recently being rebuilt, I got a call from the tech every time there was an issue or a delay just to let me know what was happening.

The fact is that GB made his customer unhappy. Whether by his own fault or by customer arrogance, the customer was still unhappy.
If I asked for no relish on my hot-dog and they put relish on my hot-dog, I expect them to replace the dog immediately, not "go back in line and we'll fix it for you when it is your turn again". I don't want to wait, I'm hungry!

Smoothice
07-23-2009, 10:15 PM
I expect them to replace the dog immediately, not "go back in line and we'll fix it for you when it is your turn again". I don't want to wait, I'm hungry!

[/end thread]

minimag03
07-23-2009, 10:20 PM
If I asked for no relish on my hot-dog and they put relish on my hot-dog, I expect them to replace the dog immediately, not "go back in line and we'll fix it for you when it is your turn again". I don't want to wait, I'm hungry!

That's a good point. Only this time the customer ordered relish on his hot dog, and got relish on his hot dog. He just doesn't like the taste of the relish.

Smoothice
07-23-2009, 11:02 PM
That's a good point. Only this time the customer ordered relish on his hot dog, and got relish on his hot dog. He just doesn't like the taste of the relish.

You are wrong. More like he ordered relish and got sliced pickles. There is a difference...

i8pie2day
07-23-2009, 11:58 PM
ok so if said buyer ordered and just said "i want pickles on my hamburger" and he gets sliced pickles should he go and complain that it wasnt what he wanted. NO... its not that he didnt get his pickles its that it wasnt how he imagined it....

Smoothice
07-24-2009, 12:13 AM
ok so if said buyer ordered and just said "i want pickles on my hamburger" and he gets sliced pickles should he go and complain that it wasnt what he wanted. NO... its not that he didnt get his pickles its that it wasnt how he imagined it....

Great argument. You win :tard:

GoatBoy
07-24-2009, 01:18 AM

OK, well that seems to confirm that you are not exactly the book reading type and probably haven't set foot in any bookstores lately... if ever. Unless it was some sort of accident. Not a surprising, yet... not something you probably want to just openly wear on your sleeve.

Beemer does make a good point though. We here are a little spoiled by AGD quality. The stuff might be a little over-engineered and heavy, but it's usually well made, to spec, and if it isn't, it gets fixed. Usually. We're spoiled little brats like that. We want our stuff done, and we want it done correctly.

i8pie2day
07-24-2009, 02:44 AM
ok first.... why do you have to insult me because maybe my comment wasnt the best. second I HAVE BEEN IN A BOOK STORY LATELY... and yes i know you read part of a book and then maybe buy it but i havent seen anyone read the full book and then just walk out....

Frizzle Fry
07-24-2009, 06:30 AM
ok first.... why do you have to insult me because maybe my comment wasnt the best.

Because throughout this thread you've been making no sense with arguments and analogies that are weak at best and often comical. Also, because you're defending a company that you have nothing to do with who've been screwing customers, at least a handful of whom (Tipp98ChopShop, Bunny5, WarWitch, myself...) are right here sharing our experiences.

Regardless of what you (as someone who has nothing to do with GBA or the other posters) have to say about how our ano schemes turned out or how our we were treated as customers, you have only OUR ACCOUNTS of what is and has been done to us to base your arguments on. You're getting all up in arms about something that has nothing to do with you! This thread wasn't started to have a "Gruntbull Bash-fest" and you certainly don't need to be the knight on the white horse that saves their already shoddy repuation.

People are here to share their negative experiences, share advice, talk about how they can be fixed, and to warn potential customers that there is a LEGITIMATE risk that has been displayed by the company.

Now, maybe the OPs pictures aren't great, but how many other threads have been linked? How many other people have had problems? Haven't you ever heard the phrase "The customer always deserves respect"? How about "The customer is always right"?

georgeyew
07-24-2009, 10:21 AM
ok first.... why do you have to insult me because maybe my comment wasnt the best. second I HAVE BEEN IN A BOOK STORY LATELY... and yes i know you read part of a book and then maybe buy it but i havent seen anyone read the full book and then just walk out....

Saying that you are not a book reader and haven't set foot in a bookstore is not exactly an insult. And just because you have not seen it doesn't mean that it's never happened. But that example is completely off topic.

There is no need to defend Gruntbull down to your last dying breath. No amount of arguing will convince Schultz that he actually likes the anno job.