PDA

View Full Version : Rental valve question

xX TANK Xx
07-17-2009, 06:40 PM
I just got a Classic off Ebay and I asked what valve it had. The seller responded that it was the A.I.R. valve. He left off that it was an old field rental, but the marker is in good overall shape with no leaks. I put some oild in it and dry fired and then put some paint through it. It shot great! The only question I have is can the lvl 10 bolt drop in it? I've read some posts that say no and seen some that say they have it. Is there a modification that has to be done for the rental to accept it?

Coralis
07-17-2009, 07:58 PM
The rental valve has to be drilled out to allow the level 10 to fit . The level 10 has a longer stem than the level 7 valve , and the rental valve has a smaller orifice between the power tube and the dump chamber. The longer stem will not fit through the smaller orifice , so you need to drill out orifice if you want to use the level 10. Its probably alot less hassle to just buy a new classic valve as you can find them for usually less than 50 bucks in the bst forums of this site or ebay

secretweaponevan
07-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Just to be clear, a lot of fields used automags as rentals, but the ones that won't allow a level 10 bolt kit drop-in will be lazered really big with "RENTAL" on the valve itself.

xX TANK Xx
07-17-2009, 09:30 PM
I assume that's what I got then. It is lasered Field Rental on the side of the valve. I guess it's bitter sweet because I'm stuck with the lvl 7 bolt for now, but I assume Field Rental valves aren't all that common to find from what I've read. Is the Field Rental a more rugged setup to take the abuse of renters or just a marketing thing?

flyingpootang
07-17-2009, 09:46 PM
I assume that's what I got then. It is lasered Field Rental on the side of the valve. I guess it's bitter sweet because I'm stuck with the lvl 7 bolt for now, but I assume Field Rental valves aren't all that common to find from what I've read. Is the Field Rental a more rugged setup to take the abuse of renters or just a marketing thing?
AM/MM valves are the same as far as durability. If I'm not mistaken the orifice will only the marker to chrono @ 270 fps and below....

Newt
07-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Lvl7 isn't all bad if you're using a decent hopper.

xX TANK Xx
07-18-2009, 01:15 AM
Regardless Ithink it's going to be a fun shooter. I've got two electronic loaders. One is force feed at 19 bps and the other is an aggitating loader that caps somewhere around 12bps I believe. Just from the few test shots I fired in the backyard it had respectable accuracy considering it was some left over event paint that was nasty to start with. The guy didn't have any o-rings or nubbin in the barrel though so I expect better once I get those.

fishmishin
07-18-2009, 01:25 AM
Hey Tank I have a extra wire nubbin, but I am not sure that I have any extra o-rings, hit me up I'll send it out to you.

flyingpootang
07-18-2009, 01:59 AM
Regardless Ithink it's going to be a fun shooter. I've got two electronic loaders. One is force feed at 19 bps and the other is an aggitating loader that caps somewhere around 12bps I believe.
Defiantly a fun shooter. One of the better guys we play with shoots a mech and he gets more than his fair share of eliminations. I would recommended that you use the force feed if your doing a lot of running and shooting at the same time. With the agitated loader it increases your chances of chopping...

xX TANK Xx
07-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey Tank I have a extra wire nubbin, but I am not sure that I have any extra o-rings, hit me up I'll send it out to you.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that. PM sent.

Defiantly a fun shooter. One of the better guys we play with shoots a mech and he gets more than his fair share of eliminations. I would recommended that you use the force feed if your doing a lot of running and shooting at the same time. With the agitated loader it increases your chances of chopping...

Thanks for the heads up on that. I would've had to figure this out the hard way if you hadn't said anything. :)