PDA

View Full Version : Types of Mag Grip Frames

Maghog
07-18-2009, 04:09 AM
I've been considering doing a run of Mech Mag Triggers, and I was wondering what kind of frames are out there besides the AGD ones. I recently made one for an aftermarket frame only to learn that a standard AGD spec trigger won't work without minor modifications.
So why would anyone do this in the first place? Are there any advantages. Please list the available frames, their differences in dimensions and/or tolerances, and I will design a price friendly trigger that will be the last trigger you'll ever want to buy.
Dan@Triggernomics

Ando
07-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Your probably better off getting the frames in your shop then having someone give you dimension. I have both versions of the Airwalk and a Stormwalk which are all in the same family and have the same trigger setup (I think). If you like I could lend you one so you can get what you need.

The mag is an old school marker that really hasn't changed (if it isn’t broken don't fix it :rolleyes: ) so the amount of frames out there is pretty large but most stay true to AGD's specs.

I can get you a list a little later....I'm at work ATM but I’m sure someone else will beat me to it.
Edit: These are the Airwalks.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221794

SSP REAPER
07-18-2009, 07:59 AM
As I sit here reading this, I wonder to myself: I wonder who can make me a custom trigger for my Logic UMF. It has a blade now, which is nice...but I kinda want another option. Maybe I will pm you... :D

vf-xx
07-18-2009, 08:20 AM
List of frames (don't own them so I can't give dimentions)

Benchmark: single and double triggerframes
RPG frames:
Chimera
Triton

Logic: UMF

Stormwalk
Airwalk

I think the major differences in the frames are the safeties. All but the benchmarks use push-push style safeties. The benchies use a push pull style safety.

MANN
07-18-2009, 09:10 AM
The following frames take AGD spec triggers:
storm walk
airwalk
triton
intelliframe
chimera
ygrip

Every other frame takes a frame specific trigger. some of them can be retrofitted to each other, but it almost always has a sloppy feel.

Maghog
07-18-2009, 10:48 AM
The following frames take AGD spec triggers:
storm walk
airwalk
triton
intelliframe
chimera
ygrip

Every other frame takes a frame specific trigger. some of them can be retrofitted to each other, but it almost always has a sloppy feel.

See, this is interesting. Why would anyone want to make a frame that isn't up to AGD standards? I'm just wondering if there is an advantage or not.
What frames are there that don't take the standard fit trigger?
I guess the triggers I'll make will be for the above mentioned frames, and any other style of frame will require a custom fit trigger.

Thanks for the offer Ando, but I'll find a way to make do.
Dan

MANN
07-18-2009, 11:00 AM
See, this is interesting. Why would anyone want to make a frame that isn't up to AGD standards? I'm just wondering if there is an advantage or not.

From a designing side of it they would not have to reverse engineer/figure out agd's dimensions. This would be less time consuming/cheaper to make. On the flip side they do not offer the wide variety of triggers that are available.

Everyone has their .02 on if "AGD spec" is necessary or not. I am not going to go there as some people get their Efeelings hurt easily.

dye
benchmark (Pro team products)
Logic umf
Logic 90* (v1 & v2)
Zgrip (the geometry of the trigger is different. the top is the same)
Emags
Medusa (or however you spell it)
??? (there is one where the bottom where the asa mounts sticks out further foward. dont remember the name)
Gforce

I am sure I am missing a few, but that is all I can think of at the moment.

Chris
07-18-2009, 11:06 AM
I've got a Z-grip, begging for a nice trigger. Let me know if you'd be interested in working on one...I can send the frame to you if that would help.

vf-xx
07-18-2009, 12:56 PM
??? (there is one where the bottom where the asa mounts sticks out further foward. dont remember the name)

Powerlyte

And as to why some people didn't do ADG specs: Some people are just looking for different things.

I know that Benchmark (PTP) uses a different safety system, which changes up how the trigger fits inside the grip. I think they also may have wanted to be able to dual use the gripframe for Mags and Cockers (with minimal changes of parts anyway). The others, I'm guessing it's just a matter of them wanting to do something just a smidge different.

Either way, if I can get one in dust black, count me in!

Maghog
07-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Excellent info guys, I will be able to introduce a product much more reliably now. The idea is to make my production costs low, in the 50-60 dollar range. I know this is steep compared to the others that are out there, but then again, the others aren't Triggernomics triggers either.
Chris, I made a few Z-Grip triggers back in the day, and they were pretty sweet. PM me your e-mail and I'll show you some cool stuff.
As far as dust black goes, I don't have any anodizers available over here, so that's one you'd have to pursue on your end.
I should have a final product up for offer within a few weeks.
Dan

Konigballer
07-18-2009, 02:30 PM
a non-sploppy single trigger for the benchy frames would be nice!

Maghog
07-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Just to set things straight, I have always been able to create one off triggers that accomodate your special needs. Some of you know that, and have taken advantage of it. Others still have'nt figured that out.
I'll make a single fingered trigger for a benchmark frame with forward and backward stop adjustments, and I'll even make a quadruple finger trigger with diamond studded buttholes on it if you want.
I learned a long time ago though that you guys don't want to pay for anything like that, and as long as that is the case, I won't make it.
I've seen what's out there, these triggers with the forward bend on the bottom, and these other totally finger unfriendly creations that are available, and I'll tell you as I always have, what I am designing is not for looks, but for performance.
I totally guarantee my product. If you order one and say, "Nope, I'd rather have the rigid shape that I was used too," then I'll give you your money back and be done with it when you send me the trigger back. The fact is, there are no triggers on the market like mine, not for any gun, period. Google your brains out and find me one person who says that a Triggernomics trigger is a piece of crap.
I am going to release a trigger for the Mag soon, with two different options, and anyone who buys one will experience a difference in performance. I have made enough now to know that this is true.
If you're up for paying a few bucks more for a product that gives you a better shooting feeling, then give me a ring. If you want to mess around with second best because it's cheaper, then it's not going to bother me at all.
The choice is yours.
Dan

Rudz
07-18-2009, 08:40 PM
******* standing ovation********
:clap:

Ando
07-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Brother...

If you can make an adj trigger that will zero in on my valves R/T sweet spot, I will love you long time!!!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

chafnerjr
07-19-2009, 06:32 AM
I'll get some measurements of my airwalk as soon as I can find a decent measuring device :ninja: Still looking for my camera :tard:

Chris
07-19-2009, 10:21 AM
This diamond encrusted butthole comment got me thinking...I may need a new trigger for my emag too... :bounce:

Maghog
07-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I'll be updating my website soon so you'll see what's available and what pricing will be like.
First I'm going to start with these two models, and take it from there.
Dan

Ando
07-19-2009, 12:57 PM
What's your website?

Maghog
07-19-2009, 02:38 PM
www.triggernomics.us

You might want to check out the RT Enhancer Video in particular Ando

vf-xx
07-19-2009, 03:44 PM
www.triggernomics.us

You might want to check out the RT Enhancer Video in particular Ando

ooooohhhh. Is that doing vaugely what I think it's doing? Cutting the trigger to act as a spring too?

Maghog
07-19-2009, 04:00 PM
ooooohhhh. Is that doing vaugely what I think it's doing? Cutting the trigger to act as a spring too?

There is a spring in the trigger