PDA

View Full Version : Back in from DC

punkncat
07-18-2009, 09:51 AM
The family and I decided to go up to DC for a few days. It is pretty incredible to get a good look at the monuments and other public works that our tax dollars provide, such as the Smithsonian. In three days we were able to see quite a bit, and at the same time very little, lol. I think we walked 30 miles in those three days, and then followed it back up with a 12 hour drive back home.

I had not been there since 7th grade, and it was really nice to be able to take the kids up.

Army
07-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Love the mall. Naturally, each time I get to DC I visit all the military memorials and monuments. Arlington is a favorite place. I do not fail to witness a changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns.

punkncat
07-19-2009, 09:27 AM
To me, the Korean Memorial stood out very much. Not that I, or anyone I know personally served there. The faces of the statues, and the pure emotion that it invokes to walk up behind the formation is undescribable.

There is a message near by the "head" of the formation that says "Freedom is not Free". I think it sums it up pretty well.

I have a great deal of pictures, but am not feeling motivated to host and post yet.