PDA

View Full Version : What do you think, is this an Automag rail?

luke
07-19-2009, 12:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GbHWlxf5Y

wetwrks
07-19-2009, 01:06 AM
Kinda looks like one of the new ones.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239463

luke
07-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Yea, I was wondering if it was him. :)

StygShore
07-19-2009, 07:19 AM
looking at the user name.... something rings a bell, I think thats actually RRFireblade?

Styg

luke
07-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Hummm...

"This video has been removed by the user."

mr doo doo
07-19-2009, 06:15 PM
uh oh, maybe a new product coming soon?

luke
07-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Speak up, whos video was it!! (???)

(I want to know what control you're using on the Bridgeport, PM me (?) )

wetwrks
07-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Ask Mongoose. If it is his rails then he should know about it.

luke
07-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Ask Mongoose. If it is his rails then he should know about it.

I think who ever posted the video saw this thread and pulled it, it kind of looks that way anyway. ;)

zondo
07-19-2009, 10:41 PM
I think who ever posted the video saw this thread and pulled it, it kind of looks that way anyway. ;)

Hmm... sounds suspicious...

wetwrks
07-19-2009, 10:50 PM

Some kinda conspiracy. They put the vid up to taunt us then snatch it away after they get us drewling over it.

I like it! :headbang:

Xmagterror
07-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Damn....I must of missed it.

Mongoose
07-20-2009, 08:13 AM
I missed the vid........wish i would have seen it so i could comment.

Ando
07-20-2009, 09:28 AM
I think Luke is just crazy :rolleyes:

luke
07-20-2009, 11:07 AM
They put the vid up to taunt us then snatch it away after they get us drewling over it.

I like it! :headbang:

It wasn't listed as a paintball part or AGD rails, it was just a "CNC" video on an old Bridgeport Boss mill. I just stumbled onto it. I think the video had only been posted for about a week.

luke
07-20-2009, 11:11 AM

True, but thats beside the point. ;)

wetwrks
07-20-2009, 01:30 PM

No, no...I can verify it. Luke is crazy. :D

luke
07-20-2009, 02:50 PM
No, no...I can verify it. Luke is crazy. :D

True, but thats beside the point. ;)

:)

vf-xx
07-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Luke, You know, viral videos work so much better when you leave them up ;)

luke
07-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Luke, You know, viral videos work so much better when you leave them up ;)

:( Nope, sorry to say it wasn't mine, I still don't have a CNC mill “yet”. I'm trying to figure out how to swing one in this screwed up economy. Used CNC equipment is holding its value even with the bad economy. ( I don't see how unless dealers are just sitting on them.) Manufacturers are selling new machines at a discount, but it's still a HUGE chunk of change.

Sumthinwicked
07-20-2009, 05:14 PM
looked like one of mongooses pointy rails the second one i think maybe the guy whos cuttin em leaked it ?

Mongoose
07-20-2009, 06:17 PM
looked like one of mongooses pointy rails the second one i think maybe the guy whos cuttin em leaked it ?

I really wanna see this Video....anyone save it or have access to it?

What was on it?

secretweaponevan
07-20-2009, 08:17 PM
I really wanna see this Video....anyone save it or have access to it?

What was on it?

His youtube id was Corvettegod404 or something like that. I saw the video, but didn't save it.

How can you save a youtube video?

MANN
07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
I would bet it is XT as he mills parts for corvettes also. I would also bet that. Well I am not going to stir the waters.

vf-xx
07-20-2009, 09:18 PM

I think you can find programs to do it, or you can dig through the page's source code to find the video link and download that directly.

luke
07-20-2009, 09:29 PM
I would bet it is XT as he mills parts for corvettes also. I would also bet that. Well I am not going to stir the waters.

Damn....I must of missed it.

??

Mongoose
07-20-2009, 09:51 PM
XT makes parts for Vettes :headbang: Thats good to know

Ando
07-20-2009, 10:16 PM
His youtube id was Corvettegod404 or something like that. I saw the video, but didn't save it.

If you use firefox...which you should be...they have an addon to do it. I use it all the time...It's hit and miss tho and not compatible with 3.5 yet

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3590

secretweaponevan
07-20-2009, 10:58 PM
If you use firefox...which you should be...they have an addon to do it. I use it all the time...It's hit and miss tho and not compatible with 3.5 yet

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3590

I use firefox. Thanks for the heads up. I just wish it wasn't full of msgbox's and you have to link out. :(

MANN
07-21-2009, 12:23 PM
??

my bad. My memory must not be what it use to be. It was camaros not vetts. Although most who dabble in one dabble in the other. A quote from along time ago

Sorry guys i have been working allot this week to get some things done.

all of you have some very valid questions about me....It just seams like you guys are all out to bash me and dont know why because im here to help you. I have been doing this side job machining gig for about 5 years now and have been doing allot of guns for aprox 4. I sold allot of camaro billet parts on ebay over the years. Done all kinds of custom intercoolers, twin turbo systems....
I have in house anodizing, CNC milling, and I do TIG welding...etc..

Heres whats going on currently in my shop........

1. I am making automag slugs now in my shop on the cnc mill. I just got that machine programmed to do it last weekend. I made 3 and i am now waiting on getting more material to make a dozen to sell on here or ebay. I will be using some for the body milling project to test things out. I will be selling them for $160. Planning on making atleast 24 in the next batch just depends on demand.

2. I will be working on 3D body milling designs this summer. I may hire someone to develop something new and fresh.

And for all of those that are asking do i have have what it takes to do all this stuff. And also how do i plan on staying in business if im only selling small batches of parts.

I went to college for machining and CAD/CAM.....I have been machining at a very high level for the last 10 years. I have very low overhead because my machine is paid for.

If someone wants to stop by and check it out sometime i welcome that....hell buy a slug or give me some custom work to do while your here. My shop is in Dowagiac, Michigan. I am about 6 miles north out of town.

and to answer the question how do i know what i can charge for milling a body....easy!!!!
Just do the math!!!!!LOL 60 IPM running .531 degrees stepover... Trust me guys i have been in the game for years, i know how to do this.

The best way to contact me is Camarogod98@hotmail.com.

SSP-SheiK
07-21-2009, 02:05 PM
my bad. My memory must not be what it use to be. It was camaros not vetts. Although most who dabble in one dabble in the other. A quote from along time ago

thats what happens when you age i suppose... your vision starts to blur and you cant see mid air paint breaks, and then you cant remember for crap ;)

SSP REAPER
07-21-2009, 02:52 PM
thats what happens when you age i suppose... your vision starts to blur and you cant see mid air paint breaks, and then you cant remember for crap ;)
no that's what happens when you don't play anymore... and get old! ;)
A wise man once told me "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" :hail: