PDA

View Full Version : who can make me an RT on off

pump
07-20-2009, 04:23 AM
not where to get one, but does any machine shop actually have the skill to make one

its for a different shaped RT pin that im trying to get made

gommie404
07-20-2009, 06:58 AM
any machine shop will do this for you.. but why dont you just buy one it would be much cheaper.

as a one off this would cost a lot to make.. i can make you one .. but by the time i have done the heat treatment and then had it hard chromed .. and ground to size your be paying quite a lot..

pump
07-20-2009, 05:35 PM
any machine shop will do this for you.. but why dont you just buy one it would be much cheaper.

as a one off this would cost a lot to make.. i can make you one .. but by the time i have done the heat treatment and then had it hard chromed .. and ground to size your be paying quite a lot..
well because "its for a different shaped RT pin" trying to get one made for my Zvalve, and also 2 others like the one Electrician made, and one with a ULT sized shaft

those were hard chromed, i polished some to fit looser and it seemed to be all one type of metal?
all i would need is them ground, and polished, or unpolished and a bigger OD so i can polish then without taking off more than i should

vf-xx
07-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Honestly, for items this small you might try your local Jeweler. No promises, but my experience is that most machine shops are used to working on bigger things.

pump
07-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Honestly, for items this small you might try your local Jeweler. No promises, but my experience is that most machine shops are used to working on bigger things.
eh i think you got a good idea, i know jewelers!!!