PDA

View Full Version : Double firing and sputtering and bolt stick.

p8ntballa
02-01-2002, 05:31 PM
Anyone think my sear is getting worn out? Is there a way to correct bolt stick without a spacer kit? I was using c02 and it was cold, think thats the problem?

BlackVCG
02-01-2002, 05:43 PM
If you're getting bolt stick and you've tried spacers longer than the one that was in the gun when you were having problems, replace the bolt spring. If the bolt spring hasn't been replaced in quite awhile, it won't return the bolt with as much force as it should and thus your gun will get bolt stick.

p8ntballa
02-01-2002, 05:45 PM
The spring is brand new, put it in last week when i was shooting it. I dont have any spacers, but I guess I will get some.

DYE-BaLLeR
02-02-2002, 08:27 PM
to see if its the spacer, gas up the gun, and listen for the leak, then take like a battle swwab and push the bolt back as much as possible, if it stops, then its the pt spacer

covadsucks
02-04-2002, 09:30 AM
I am having bolt stick as well, only after I replaced the spring and PT O-rings. I need a spacer kit, and I am breaking more paint than ever. In summer I wasn't chopping at all...now I am shooting Marbs, one of every six shots breaks. This is sucking bigtime. I am bout ready to give my Mag away, and keep my Timmy up.

soilent green
02-04-2002, 12:32 PM
It may just be the CO2 and cold weather that will happen when input pressure is very low and when your velocity screw is way ofF I suggest you call agds tech department at (847) 520-7225 they will help you garented

LaW
02-04-2002, 01:31 PM
If your ca tank has like no air left really will a mag just not have enough pressure to recock itself? and produce bolt stick?

Autotrigger
02-04-2002, 07:13 PM
I just got my mag back from AGD! I sent it to them with basically the same problem's that your having. They replaced the sear, the bolt, and the powertube spacer! They said the spacer was wrong (it was an aftermarket piece)and the sear and bolt were just plane worn out! I hope this helps. Good luck.

Autotrigger
02-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Oh, by the way. I was also shooting my gun on a really cold day using C02 when my problems began! I have since purchased a HPA tank!

covadsucks
02-06-2002, 01:18 PM
I am happy to say, I called AGD and Jon is sending me a new spacer and a nubbin to call my very own. Hopefully this should fix my bolt stick, as for the paint breakage, I'm gonna shoot nothing but jelly beans for a while and see if that helps some.

tb-303
02-11-2002, 05:49 AM
Hi,
i'm getting very similar symptoms on my RT,obviously using air(from a pure energy 850psi fixed reg)it was working sweet last sunday and now this sunday i'm chopping paint left right and center! any ideas? i've put a new spring on and replaced quite a few of the o-rings(it was playing up before i put the o-rings in) but it still doesn't seem happy.
any help most appreciated.

tb-303