PDA

View Full Version : So, is that a Tippmann?

punkncat
07-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Lol....I was sitting on my couch yesterday watching some TV and running a rag over the cocker I used to play paintball yesterday. One of my son's friends come to the door, and he asks me "Is that a Tippmann, or something?"
I replied "or something" and went on to explain to him that it was, in fact, an autococker.

I just find it kind of amazing that the name recognition came so quickly to him as it related to anything paintball.

[NA]WARLORD
07-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Like back in the day, when Mags were referred to everything from an Angel to a anything else.

xero28
07-20-2009, 11:21 AM
I know how it is. I was playing with a group of guys who with my Y-framed MicroMag. One of the guys comes up to me, "Hey, is that an Angel?"

usagi_tetsu
07-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I seem to always get the "is that an Ion or a Shocker?" question when I pull one of my Classics out of the bag. *sigh*

Bagheera
07-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Everything is either an Ion or a Tippman *slaps forehead*

It's to the point where I removed the custom body panels from my 'Mag, and now at the next game I'm playing with the 'Mag pretty much naked, so that people can SEE that it's not a Tippman lol.

kcombs9
07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
hehe same thing happend to me this weekend, the refs all asked "What gun is that" when they saw my E-mag.

Only one of like 8 refs knew what a automag/emag was and who AGD is...

Hook
07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
I seem to always get the "is that an Ion or a Shocker?" question when I pull one of my Classics out of the bag. *sigh*
When I get that kind of comment, I always reply "don't insult me! There aren't any plastic parts on my Automag" :D

Watcher
07-20-2009, 05:12 PM

I never know what to say when that happens, I am so offended I get speechless.

Maybe I should say "Yes, because SP stole it..." or "If it was, I couldn't do this" then stand on it.

Sumthinwicked
07-20-2009, 05:17 PM
the firing under water in the rain bucket really getts em gowin LOL do that with ur ion bucko i hear nice shotgun with my longbow so im buying a almost 30 in barrel and adding the tip to it LOL

DamianTC
07-20-2009, 08:28 PM
I am wondering what the kids are gonna say when they see the new warp feed on my y-grip ULE RT...

Bruteforce
07-20-2009, 08:38 PM
I am wondering what the kids are gonna say when they see the new warp feed on my y-grip ULE RT...

They will probably ask what kind of Cyclone feed it is.

pump
07-21-2009, 04:39 AM
people tell me, "Nice Cocker Pump" and i reply its a "Sniper2 you stupid NOOB!!!"

cant people get it right

Watcher
07-21-2009, 11:06 AM
They will probably ask what kind of Cyclone feed it is.

Actually, I wonder if there is a way you could do away with the electronics in the Warp and make it pneumatic.

That'd be pretty boss.

vf-xx
07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Actually, I wonder if there is a way you could do away with the electronics in the Warp and make it pneumatic.

That'd be pretty boss.

I hate you. Now I want to try it. And I just sold off my extra Warp bits... Grrrr.

drg
07-22-2009, 01:16 AM
people tell me, "Nice Cocker Pump" and i reply its a "Sniper2 you stupid NOOB!!!"

cant people get it right

AMEN

DamianTC
07-22-2009, 02:22 AM

That'd be pretty boss.

lol just go to home depot and buy the bulk packs of energizers or duracells... I have to deal with feeding 2 warps now... both with the 12v mod..... thinking about getting the on/off switch mod for them

sjrtk
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Played some speed ball a few weeks ago. No one could tell what i had (minimag) it was amusing. the best was a question "your actually gonna play speedball with a single trigger?" or "Man i haven't even seen a marker with an elbow or a saftey in, like forever!". It was a good game till there batteries died and they left.

Redic
07-22-2009, 09:22 PM
i once had a ref tell me that why did i waste money putting a rotor on my Xmag

later that day i was running Mech mode due to magnet issues and i had a AGG kid tell the ref to check for ramping( same ref from the first line)

i told him it was RTing and he did not belive it was so i had him fire it. HE called it legal

here hw the conversation went while he was shooting it

REF: WOW this thing is fast
ME: Now do you see why there is a rotor on it
Ref: Yeah

i also had someone call my Xmag a Mini and i about smacked him

sjrtk
07-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Running an egg 3 on my mag. I get plenty of snide remarks about beign an AGG kid. I just did it so i don't have to get another hopper later (plus most of the rest look like crap anyway).