PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe

ezcreation
07-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Hey guys

I have an hyperframe with predator board and the solenoid clicks each trigger pull. Problem is that it does not hit the sear strong enough. The solenoid is dead right?
I have compared it to another hyperframe I have and it is by far not hitting strong enough...Just wanted to make sure.

maniacmechanic
07-21-2009, 10:30 AM
IIRC , APE make a solenoid for the A-5 that is the same as the one in the Hyperframe , size wise , but much better performance

ezcreation
07-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Actually anyone tried an APE board in an hyperframe?

Edit: nevermind found the thread on AO

Ando
07-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Do you have a ULT installed? Mine wouldn't trip the sear either without the ULT. Works now just have to mod my sear for it to properly fire. The solenoid sits to far forward and won't allow it to reset.

ezcreation
07-21-2009, 10:57 AM
I have the centerflag on/off and it is shooting no problem with the other hyperframe. I trully believe the sloenoid is simply out.

BigEvil
07-21-2009, 11:09 AM
I have the centerflag on/off and it is shooting no problem with the other hyperframe. I trully believe the sloenoid is simply out.

Check to make sure that the solenoid did not move. It should sit all the way to the back in its hole.

Next, change the battery, and up the dwell on the board. It should be between 6 and 10 ms.

The solenoids usually dont go bad.

ezcreation
07-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Will try it
How do you adjust dwell on a predator morlock though?

BigEvil
07-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Will try it
How do you adjust dwell on a predator morlock though?

Dont you have the predator manual? I think its register #4.

ezcreation
07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I found it http://www.zdspb.com/tech/km2board/predmorlockmanual.html

but there are 3,4,5 registers for dwell

Got it to shoot but now the marker shoots twice then the blue light on the board goes dead (like a recharge rate). I checked and put new batteries but no difference.

Next?

The capacitor is 4700uF 16V - I didnt do the install but maybe it s not enough?

BigEvil
07-21-2009, 01:06 PM
I found it http://www.zdspb.com/tech/km2board/predmorlockmanual.html

but there are 3,4,5 registers for dwell

Got it to shoot but now the marker shoots twice then the blue light on the board goes dead (like a recharge rate). I checked and put new batteries but no difference.

Next?

The capacitor is 4700uF 16V - I didnt do the install but maybe it s not enough?

That is actually not the right one. You need a manual for a predator molrock. I have them on the PC at home, PM me tonight and I will send them to you.

ezcreation
07-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a plan. When you were saying not the right one, manual, capacitor or both?

BigEvil
07-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a plan. When you were saying not the right one, manual, capacitor or both?

Manual. That one looks like its for an earlier KM2 Morlock board.