PDA

View Full Version : Park52 'Mag MkIV

Bagheera
07-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Hammerhead Barrel, Dual Sights for CQB and long range, expansion chamber hidden in 45 degree front grip, Q-Loader, and comfy butt stock as part of the tank. Inspired by the Park52 PAC Sniper Rifle from BF2142. Modeling the marker is my 10 year old son wearing the Panterschlierhelm (Panther Veil Helmet.) He's complaining about the weight, but since he's 10, it's not as heavy as he's making it look. Total weight is 10 lbs with scope, full tank, and Q-Pod locked in.

The 1.5x-5x scope can be removed and swapped out (lightening the marker considerably) for open sight red dot for pure CQB or for front chargers. I removed the plastic body I originally made for it, because after my latest game, I realized I was hiding the Automaggy goodness from my fellow paintballers who have only seen Tippmans, Ions, and Shockers. When they saw my backup marker and my pistol (both Automags) they were going nuts over Automags, so I took Park52 'Mag MkIV down to basics. It's not the shiniest thing (I'm not an anno kind of guy), but it's a beautiful black and camo, perfect for my needs.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/DSC00979.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/DSC00980.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/DSC00982.jpg

Rudz
07-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Sweetness

neppo1345
07-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Needs more sights.

Maybe some flip up buis?

I mean, you never know... what happens if both the scope and red dot get covered in paint?

behemoth
07-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Christ son, that contraption is bigger than you are.

ManInBlack
07-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Needs a bi-pod. Mostly so you don't have to offset the massive weight of the thing by leaning back so far :p

maniacmechanic
07-21-2009, 09:37 PM
now the big ? ,, can you shoot 2" groups at 50 yards ??? :wow:

MANN
07-21-2009, 09:43 PM

not with the CO2 tank it has on it.

thegrayghost
07-21-2009, 09:57 PM
whatever works for you, its your idea and i like it......different and that's what makes this sport great....thegrayghost....

Bagheera
07-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Christ son, that contraption is bigger than you are.

Needs a bi-pod. Mostly so you don't have to offset the massive weight of the thing by leaning back so far :p

That's a 10 year old boy (my son) holding the marker, plus his arms are way shorter than mine (I'm a 35 year old man.) I'm not holding it in the photo. I can hold it just fine. Plus, if I know I'm going to be doing a lot of running and gunning, I simply remove the scope to lighten the gun and move the red dot down to the rail. The dual scope option is for those games when I need to switch between two roles rapidly.

not with the CO2 tank it has on it.

Exactly. I've been resistant to HPA due to cost (I have several co2 tanks, it's nice to have backups), but I will have to break down and switch to HPA for better consistency. It's my next planned upgrade. That being said, at 50 feet the groupings were very nice, with the occasional weird flier, thanks to the co2. My backyard isn't any bigger than that, so that's the max of my shooting range for testing at the moment. When I get the HPA, I'll let you know how it does at 50 yards ;)

behemoth
07-22-2009, 01:12 PM
That's a 10 year old boy (my son) holding the marker, plus his arms are way shorter than mine (I'm a 35 year old man.)

Ahh, shouldve mentioned that, I was kinda curious as to how someone would play with a gun bigger than they are...

vf-xx
07-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Ahh, shouldve mentioned that, I was kinda curious as to how someone would play with a gun bigger than they are...

It builds character. Stop complaining ;)

Definitely distinctive and not just like all the other tactical mods out there.

Ando
07-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Is that ACU tape you have wrapped around the parts of the gun or just some old ACU's you ripped in strips?

Bagheera
07-22-2009, 02:08 PM

Here ya go (from the initial post) ;

...Modeling the marker is my 10 year old son wearing the Panterschlierhelm (Panther Veil Helmet.) He's complaining about the weight, but since he's 10, it's not as heavy as he's making it look. Total weight is 10 lbs with scope, full tank, and Q-Pod locked in....

No worries, I usually skip over the words and hit the pics myself in many marker threads.

It builds character. Stop complaining ;)

Definitely distinctive and not just like all the other tactical mods out there.

LOL definitely sounds like something I would tell my son. Thanks for the compliment. I got the initial idea of "Q-Loader as stock" from Famousgamer's design, but I took it to another level. Disliking remote lines, I wanted something integrated so I made it so, where air and paintballs are located in the stock area, where they should be. The 45 degree grip is custom made, and designed to flow as an under-grip so that there are variable shooting positions.

This is the gun that inspired the build;
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/park52sniperyv2.gif

Is that ACU tape you have wrapped around the parts of the gun or just some old ACU's you ripped in strips?

ACU tape that only sticks to itself. It's awesome stuff.

mostpeople
07-22-2009, 02:36 PM
lulz

Wrathbringer
07-22-2009, 03:11 PM
:eek: Wow, that's a VERY impressive mag you got there! The dual sights just add to it's badass-ness especially since it's one-of-a-kind. Man, now I'm tempted to build something that awesome...

Exactly. I've been resistant to HPA due to cost (I have several co2 tanks, it's nice to have backups), but I will have to break down and switch to HPA for better consistency.

Slight issue if you decide to go HPA though you may already know this. Most tanks will NOT fit into the stock like your CO2 tank since they're much larger. What size is the tank that you have on it BTW?

Konigballer
07-22-2009, 06:55 PM
When I'm on the field I never take anyone with a scope on top of their gun seriously, but aside from that it's sweetness!

pump
07-22-2009, 07:39 PM
now thats the ONLY milsim mag that doesnt underfeed that i like

i love it even

sjrtk
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Sweet piece of work you got there. Plus you boy will grow into it, and grand kids.

Bagheera
07-23-2009, 11:24 AM
now thats the ONLY milsim mag that doesnt underfeed that i like

i love it even

You mean a non-clip fed marker? I was going for clip fed, and that's what I love about the Q-Loader (after loads of tuning of course.) Thanks for the compliment. :)

Sweet piece of work you got there. Plus you boy will grow into it, and grand kids.

Hah, he wishes. This baby is mine! He gets to use the backup when I take him out paintballing later this summer.

When I'm on the field I never take anyone with a scope on top of their gun seriously, but aside from that it's sweetness!

Thanks, I think, hehe. Honestly though, most of the time I'll just be running with the red dot only, and leaving the scope in the trunk of the car.

:eek: Wow, that's a VERY impressive mag you got there! The dual sights just add to it's badass-ness especially since it's one-of-a-kind. Man, now I'm tempted to build something that awesome...

Slight issue if you decide to go HPA though you may already know this. Most tanks will NOT fit into the stock like your CO2 tank since they're much larger. What size is the tank that you have on it BTW?

Thanks! The co2 tank is a 12oz. tank, so it's a pretty decent size. Now when you're talking about fitting into the stock, are you referring to how an HPA tank will snug into that area, or a buttstock fitting onto the HPA tank itself? I can always shim the area between the ASA and the grip to add space if it's a fitting issue. It's already got a couple of shims between the ASA and grip frame to make the 12oz. tank work snugly with the Q-Pod, and the whole thing wrapped in camo tape to make it all slick looking.

Wrathbringer
07-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Huh, I didn't notice that stock attachment for the CO2, but now that you mention it I'll have to say both. You'll most likely have to shim your ASA again, though you might be able to get away without it if you get a 45/4500 since they're fairly small. That stock definitely won't fit onto an HPA tank since all the carbon fiber ones are rounded at the back and steelies are too large for it to fit.

pump
07-24-2009, 11:07 PM
You mean a non-clip fed marker? I was going for clip fed, and that's what I love about the Q-Loader (after loads of tuning of course.) Thanks for the compliment. :)
no i mean like a woodsball gun, normally the only ones i like are the TS-1/ATS, Qloader SSI, Tiberius, Tippman pistol, and that SAW ion. i just hate milsim/scenario/woodsball guns that arent underfeeding

Bagheera
07-26-2009, 05:24 PM
no i mean like a woodsball gun, normally the only ones i like are the TS-1/ATS, Qloader SSI, Tiberius, Tippman pistol, and that SAW ion. i just hate milsim/scenario/woodsball guns that arent underfeeding

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the compliment. :)

I wanted to make sure that the form followed function in this gun, and that was part of my design concept from day 1. Hence, why air and ammo are all in the stock area.

Bagheera
07-31-2009, 01:54 PM
New pics, shot with an adult (me, or so I've been told) holding the gun so that the size relation of the gun to person is more clearly shown. Plus, another pic of the gun on it's own so that the stock and clip can be more clearly seen from the back.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/DSC00984.jpg

Relaxed position, helps to have a sling! :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/DSC00987.jpg

Firing positions sighting through scope;

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/DSC00989.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/DSC00993.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/DSC00996.jpg

Sighting through the red dot;

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/DSC00995.jpg

Gadget
08-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Very nice - but definitely need to move to HPA. Amazed people are still on CO2, I was running an Air America HPA system in 1993!

Newt
08-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Very nice setup. Way bigger than I like, but nice. Desperately needs the new darker Qloader hoses.

I still retain the ability to use CO2, but only because I play a lot of outlaw ball.

Bagheera
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Very nice setup. Way bigger than I like, but nice. Desperately needs the new darker Qloader hoses.

I still retain the ability to use CO2, but only because I play a lot of outlaw ball.

Same here, but I when I switch to HPA, I plan on keeping some CO2 handy for backups.

Very nice - but definitely need to move to HPA. Amazed people are still on CO2, I was running an Air America HPA system in 1993!

Definitely! CO2 is finally starting to get old for me! LOL