PDA

View Full Version : Drilling out a rental valve

xX TANK Xx
07-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Can anyone give me some decent instructions on doing this. I'm wanting to put the lvl10 bolt in and I'd rather use the $50 or so to put toward the lvl10 than buying another classic valve :cry: . I've searched and can't seem to find anything specific about doing this. As always, any and all help is appreciated. :)

Shane-O-Mac
07-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Can anyone give me some decent instructions on doing this. I'm wanting to put the lvl10 bolt in and I'd rather use the $50 or so to put toward the lvl10 than buying another classic valve :cry: . I've searched and can't seem to find anything specific about doing this. As always, any and all help is appreciated. :)

Drill it out so that it still leaves a shoulder for the o-ring in there. Find the size drill bit that fits it (slides in the hole without slop) and then go one size larger, then another till the level ten bolt goes all the way back without dragging in the middle. Dont forget to clean out the shavings....lol.

xX TANK Xx
07-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Drill it out so that it still leaves a shoulder for the o-ring in there. Find the size drill bit that fits it (slides in the hole without slop) and then go one size larger, then another till the level ten bolt goes all the way back without dragging in the middle. Dont forget to clean out the shavings....lol.

Thanks Shane. It's funny to say that because that's my name. :)

Now, will I drill through into where the chamber for the On/Off valve is or is it more of just a shoulder. I noticed a small hole that opens into the On/Off chamber that is probably about 3/32" dia or 1/8" dia. I won't drill all the way through that will I? I haven't ordered my lvl 10 yet and I'm going to wait until I actually have it in hand before I start drilling. I'm just trying to get all the info I need before hand. Thanks again.

Shane-O-Mac
07-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks Shane. It's funny to say that because that's my name. :)

Now, will I drill through into where the chamber for the On/Off valve is or is it more of just a shoulder. I noticed a small hole that opens into the On/Off chamber that is probably about 3/32" dia or 1/8" dia. I won't drill all the way through that will I? I haven't ordered my lvl 10 yet and I'm going to wait until I actually have it in hand before I start drilling. I'm just trying to get all the info I need before hand. Thanks again.

There is a large chamber behind that restrictor, its the air reservoir or dump chamber for the gun. But dont sink the drill bit any farther than you have to, just to be safe.

xX TANK Xx
07-23-2009, 09:03 PM
That's good to know. I watched the Tom Kaye vids several times and paid close attention to the valve cutaway. I assumed there was a dump chamber behind the restrictor, but wanted to make sure there wasn't something different with the rental other than the restrictor.