PDA

View Full Version : you know what pisses me off?

oneworld
07-24-2009, 02:56 PM
When they let a stupid 18 year old apprentice change the oil on a $25,000 dodge charger and he forgets to put oil back in it. I got about half way home when my car went weird on me and shut down. I figured the retard forgot to put the cap back on or something...With no luck I had it towed back up there and they realized the kid drained the oil..But never put any back in...If I wanted a dumb kid to change the oil on my car I would do it myself.. :tard: :tard: :tard:

vf-xx
07-24-2009, 02:59 PM
This is why I change my own oil.

They paying for repairs?

oneworld
07-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah they will pay for anything wrong. Hopefully the engine needs replaced and I can pay the extra and throw a 6.1 SRT-8 engine in :p...And I get them changed at a very reputable dealership here for free cause my mom works there .So I never bother changing my own oil..except on my backup car..95 toyota camry. And ever since I broke my back changing oil has gotten alot harder.

vf-xx
07-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Ok, FINE

Have reasonable excuses.

Wait, you broke your back, so you can't change your oil, but you can play paintball?! :p

oneworld
07-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I haven't paintballed in years..Couldn't afford it. So I sold all of my stuff..I miss it alot right now. When I go to school in denver CO I will get bck into it. there is no where to do it around south dakota anymore. Except sioux falls..which is 6 hours away.

behemoth
07-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Change your own oil.

oneworld
07-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Did you not read the replys? I get it changed for free at the dealership my moms work at. A 5 star shop. Except when they let kids work on customers stuff. If I can get something I really don't feel like doing done for free. I am probably going to do it.

bornl33t
07-24-2009, 11:58 PM
I had a guy at work a few years ago get in his jeep and start it up...it was a manual and when he started it up it redlined almost immediately. This scared him so he let off the clutch and the jeep jumped curb and went straight through the fence and died. So we went running over there and he jumps out all dazed and confused and pops the hood to see what happened. Well his oil cap got wedged between the throttle and the carb.

Long story short he had his oil changed accost the street and came to work and they forgot to put the oil cap on again....it was wal mart....lmao

behemoth
07-25-2009, 05:17 AM
Did you not read the replys? I get it changed for free at the dealership my moms work at. A 5 star shop. Except when they let kids work on customers stuff. If I can get something I really don't feel like doing done for free. I am probably going to do it.

You get what you pay for.

skife
07-25-2009, 07:56 AM
When they let a stupid 18 year old apprentice change the oil on a $25,000 dodge charger and he forgets to put oil back in it. I got about half way home when my car went weird on me and shut down. I figured the retard forgot to put the cap back on or something...With no luck I had it towed back up there and they realized the kid drained the oil..But never put any back in...If I wanted a dumb kid to change the oil on my car I would do it myself.. :tard: :tard: :tard:

okay, so what, you'd perfer an ASE certified master mechanic to change your oil?

seriously man, accidents happen some times espically when things get rushed, and now that an accident has happened, you get a new engine.

if you wern't in such a hurry, you'd have bought a good filter and good oil and done it yourself.

kevdupuis
07-25-2009, 09:07 AM
I have a contract with my dealership for oil changes in my Magnum "Mobil 1 syn", it's cheaper for them to do it than me when factoring in having to dispose of the old oil and filter after.

Lohman446
07-25-2009, 09:44 AM
I actually lose money on every oil change I do at the shop when you factor in the time it takes and the payscale of my techs. Not having any of those 18 year old kids I actually lose money and only do it because my customers expect me to be a full service station. PS - its $32 for a filter, oil, and labor.

You want a $19.95 oil change you are cutting corners somewhere.

skife
07-25-2009, 10:55 AM
I actually lose money on every oil change I do at the shop when you factor in the time it takes and the payscale of my techs. Not having any of those 18 year old kids I actually lose money and only do it because my customers expect me to be a full service station. PS - its $32 for a filter, oil, and labor.

You want a $19.95 oil change you are cutting corners somewhere.

whats booktime on an oil change?

punkncat
07-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Buddy of mine had his oil changed on his Ninja at the stealership. He hopped on the on ramp and down the highway, to the next exit where the bike shut down. They drained the oil and didn't put any back in. Someone mistakely grabbed his ticket and dropped it on the counter instead of another bike that was actually done.

Lucky for him, he has recently treated the bike with a Teflon oil treatment, and his engine was not damaged.

Oneworld, I am guessing you are done with bikes for good now eh? Didn't you have two seperate accidents on that CBR?

Lohman446
07-25-2009, 11:54 AM
whats booktime on an oil change?

Every tech I have is salary - I don't like flat rate - I have found in the past it causes to much arguing between techs about cherry picking and a drop in quality. An oil change takes about 10-15 minutes to do (I bill out two tenths of an hour). However, if you count from the time I talk to a tech about doing it, to washing his hands, to doing the oil change and inspection, and then to getting back to the job he was on it costs me at least 20 minutes and normally half an hour of productivity.

skife
07-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Every tech I have is salary - I don't like flat rate - I have found in the past it causes to much arguing between techs about cherry picking and a drop in quality. An oil change takes about 10-15 minutes to do (I bill out two tenths of an hour). However, if you count from the time I talk to a tech about doing it, to washing his hands, to doing the oil change and inspection, and then to getting back to the job he was on it costs me at least 20 minutes and normally half an hour of productivity.

at goodyear hi-tech we used to do oilchanges on budget's rental cars in 8 minutes, from the time getting it on the lift to the time it pulls out of the garage.

but that is all they got too, well, and the washer fluid filled.

ManInBlack
07-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Which engine was in your car to begin with?

teufelhunden
07-27-2009, 08:57 AM

Just start billing in 1/4 hours like my firm does :)

Oh, was on the phone with you for 6 minutes? Pay me for 15, thanks!